The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 24, 2019, 11: AM

So we pay people not to migrate elsewhere because if we do not there will be mass migration??

I am astounded you did not know this. Have you not read they way Turkey is extorting massive amounts of money from the EU by threatening not to corral all the Syrians and allow them free passage into Europe?

Example

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/mar/26/scheme-cash-transfer-turkey-1m-refugees-eu-aid

Libya is also getting billions in EU 'Aid' to lock up migrants before they reach Europe

Sophie in 't Veld, a Dutch MEP on the committee, said: "Over the years, billions of euros have flown into Libya with the sole purpose of keeping migrants away from Europe. It is basically part of Fortress Europe, the European equivalent of Trump's wall. Just a lot more lethal than the wall.

"So maybe fewer people have drowned, fewer have reached the shores of Europe. But instead countless people died in the desert, were sold on slave markets, were tortured, raped and starved in Libyan detention camps, or were caught amidst violent conflict.

"Meanwhile, people smugglers are thriving. No one in their right mind can call this a success. This policy is morally and financially bankrupt."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/20/migrants-detained-in-libya-for-profit-leaked-eu-report-reveals

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 24, 2019, 10: AM
desperate to put up some form of rebuff you default to semantics.

Mmmm no much to your annoyance I do not accept everything you say as "Gospel" and asked how you "Know"

What a surprise you "know" because you read it in .....The Sun......must be true then ;)

I was wondering how long it would take for the Little Englanderland drivel to re surface..... :)

Question MKIRiddle what are you proposing "weakened Little Englanderland" funds every country in the world? Are you happy we send 13 billion a year overseas while essential services in UK are underfunded?

Or are you just here to ridicule everything Uk does and anyone who suggests we put ourselves first?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Ok a clue Europe

Remove "Europe" from the equation. If we are not part of Europe and it is not our problem.

Que racism accusations from Riddle
Bong Eyed Little Englander comments from MK1

I want 13 billlion to be spent in UK. End ;D

mk1

Remove "Europe" from the equation.

The UK is part of Europe. Even Little Englanderland will be keeping its links with the EU and will work with the EU to solve the migrant problem. Boris will have to keep paying Turkey and Libya their Danegeld no matter what happens

mk1

I want 13 billlion to be spent in UK.

Just like you wanted the 350 Million to be spent on the NHS.

Inspector Knacker

The trouble with the sign on the bus is it promises nothing, but suggests what could be done with the money. It was more of a why not do this but I see no promise there.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 24, 2019, 11: AM
The trouble with the sign on the bus is it promises nothing, but suggests what could be done with the money. It was more of a why not do this but I see no promise there.

Just say what you see -A lie! 

The  poster message seems pretty clear on  where the money was to be spent :

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 24, 2019, 11: AM

Remove "Europe" from the equation.

The UK is part of Europe. Even Little Englanderland will be keeping its links with the EU and will work with the EU to solve the migrant problem. Boris will have to keep paying Turkey and Libya their Danegeld no matter what happens

Again deflection ......you can babble on as much as you like once we have stopped handling over 13 billion a year.

akarjl2

QuoteThe department delivering Britain's foreign aid could be scrapped if the Conservatives win the general election, a minister has said.

Heather Wheeler came under fire after refusing to confirm a "stand-alone" department for international development (Dfid) would survive a Tory victory.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/foreign-aid-uk-department-international-development-conservatives-election-a9188006.html

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks money would be best spent at home?

Tick for Conservatives then......

fred c

Quote from: mk1 on November 23, 2019, 07: PM
Quote from: ReturntoZenda on November 23, 2019, 05: PM
Not that I post an awful lot on here, but I'm completely done with this place. The sneering arrogance of a bloke that I, along with many others had a lot of time for, and the obsessive, bordering on maniacal, repetition from another just make it a chore to read let alone interact with.

Strangely no one was bothered when I was tackling the Labour Party. I had thought this was a forum where all  Politicians were to be taken to task Over the years Labour,  The Tories & UKIP were all targets but I began to notice after Shane was elected that no one was really taking him to task. Almost the first thing Shane did was make a deal with the Tories and the SCABs and that was just the start. Turns out he lies and cheats just as much as they did but hardly  anyone was making much of a fuss about it.
I am not going to keep quiet about it and that clearly upset many. Not having any emotional or policy attachment to the Brexit Party incomers I simply kept on doing what I did when Labour were in charge. What changed was that many who pretended they also  were attacking all politicians were only interested in attacking Labour politicians. They are quite happy to keep on insulting Labour but get very upset when anyone tackles Shane in the same manner. In short it is not me who changed it is the Shane fan club who changed.
So if anyone is claiming I am too hard on Shane or am holding him to a higher standard than I did Labour then repost what you think is the best example of my 'picking' on Shane.
Also can you link me to an attack on a Labour figure by me where at the time you complained it was over-the-top and unjustified.
Let us see if anyone can substantiate their charges.

I didn't realise that you were the sole nemesis of Hartlepool Labour on your Jack Jones......But hey ho I learn something every day.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on November 24, 2019, 12: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on November 24, 2019, 11: AM

Just say what you see -A lie! 

The  poster message seems pretty clear on  where the money was to be spent :

There's a big difference between being right and thinking you're right.You fall into the latter category.

mk1

Quote from: fred c on November 24, 2019, 02: PM
[

I didn't realise that you were the sole nemesis of Hartlepool Labour on your Jack Jones......But hey ho I learn something every day.

Never said I was Fred. However I do remember when another member told me he would not help me with a post I was working on because he was scared Harry would retaliate.

fred c

Are you insinuating that was me ?

mk1

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on November 24, 2019, 02: PM

Strangely no one was bothered when I was tackling the Labour Party. I had thought this was a forum where all  Politicians were to be taken to task Over the years Labour,  The Tories & UKIP were all targets but I began to notice after Shane was elected that no one was really taking him to task. Almost the first thing Shane did was make a deal with the Tories and the SCABs and that was just the start. Turns out he lies and cheats just as much as they did but hardly  anyone was making much of a fuss about it.
I am not going to keep quiet about it and that clearly upset many. Not having any emotional or policy attachment to the Brexit Party incomers I simply kept on doing what I did when Labour were in charge. What changed was that many who pretended they also  were attacking all politicians were only interested in attacking Labour politicians. They are quite happy to keep on insulting Labour but get very upset when anyone tackles Shane in the same manner. In short it is not me who changed it is the Shane fan club who changed.
So if anyone is claiming I am too hard on Shane or am holding him to a higher standard than I did Labour then repost what you think is the best example of my 'picking' on Shane.
Also can you link me to an attack on a Labour figure by me where at the time you complained it was over-the-top and unjustified.
Let us see if anyone can substantiate their charges.

This is a statement of your job description on this board.
You come on to criticise anyone in power and get the maximum return out of the smallest misdemeanours. You set your set yourself up as Judge, Jury and chunterer.
You appear to dislike most Party's, (you can tell the ones you're backing, it's not hard to spot) and appear to love an hatchet job no matter who's in power as they're judged by your uniquely imperious standards sadly.
The boards very own Black Knight of Python fame, incapable of compromise or reasoned practical debate.