The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
dog whistle politics this whole thread really, isn't it?
Certainly is Rover, no one's howling at the moon louder than you🐶.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: DRiddle on November 26, 2019, 04: PM
dog whistle politics this whole thread really, isn't it?

Well, I'm barking   Whatever our differences, the recent threads and posters have certainly brightened up some otherwise gloomy, overcast days!   

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on November 26, 2019, 03: PM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on November 26, 2019, 03: PM
See, I can be just as irritating...but I don't have the graphs!

Never underestimate the power of an image. Some things are so clear that you don't even need to  post any text with them as the meaning is obvious.
For example note the bandwidth wasted here trying to explain why what you see here (bus below) is not actually what you see. Convoluted excuses that depend on strict dictionary definitions of single words that are a complete waste of time because everyone knows it is a clear example of a blatant lie.

The bus seemed pretty clear to most fair minded people. UK makes a gross contribution to the corrupt and badly run EU to the tune of over £18 billion a year. We then doff our caps and go begging for scraps and crumbs from their table and manage to claw some of it back. Thanks to the largesse of our superiors in Brussels, it still ends up on average at about £278 million a week of our money, so technically the bus message could be construed as exaggeration rather than your "blatant lie"
And anyway, lie or not, it worked. We're out very, very soon!

Hey akarjl2...trying to get this thread back on to your very valid point on squandered aid money....I reckon we could get hold of that bus and repaint it with a new slogan- "£250 million a week sent to just about every s###thole country in the world! Why not spend it on the NHS?" (but then mikeyboy would get the vapors and denounce it as bongeyed loonies and their blatant far right lies)

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on November 27, 2019, 09: PM

The bus seemed pretty clear to most fair minded people...............

.............even to Nigel. He admitted it was a lie and tried the  'nothing to do with me mate' excuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA3XTYfzd1I

Hubris

Quote from: mk1 on November 27, 2019, 09: PM

The bus seemed pretty clear to most fair minded people...............

.............even to Nigel. He admitted it was a lie and tried the  'nothing to do with me mate' excuse
I'd never accuse Nige of being fair minded, it's just that he was the piece of grit in the oyster that created the shiny pearl of getting us out of the EUSSR. Well done that man!

mk1

I'd never accuse Nige of being fair minded, it's just that he was the piece of grit in the oyster that created the shiny pearl of getting us out of the EUSSR. Well done that man!

Was he? Do you remember  Sir Jammy Fishpaste?

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Hey akarjl2...trying to get this thread back on to your very valid point on squandered aid money.

Well what would the Brexit Party do about it?
and how about answering my other question about your candidates function when we Brexit?

Quote...I reckon we could get hold of that bus and repaint it with a new slogan- "£250 million a week sent to just about every s###thole country in the world! Why not spend it on the NHS?"

Good idea

Quote(but then mikeyboy would get the vapors and denounce it as bongeyed loonies and their blatant far right lies)

Probably

But NONE of the parties other than Tories briefly have considered stopping the flow of money to countries who don't need it.....but obviously somewhere in the distant past we were directly responsible for their current situation so have to be held financially responsible for their current woes and pay them to try and stop people skipping across Europe and the channel to the land of milk and honey......and free housing, medical care and benefits.

Not one of the "party acolytes" will respond on here or elsewhere regarding this issue.

Says a a lot =

All a waste of space

.......BOOM watch this space for video/Quote/Comment re the shitty old British Empire/Farage the Spiv/American payments in 1945 etc ;) ;) ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

akarjl2

Just watched Tice on question time= less than convincing.

He did however talk about funding for various issues.....oddly he like the others shys away from stopping overseas aid....there's a pot of money that could be put to better use!

Come on Hubris have word with your leader and get this stopped....

akarjl2

Maybe common sense is about to take over in the form of Boris removing the the grip of the Whitehall career mandarins? Looks like I am not the only one asking why we give aid to countries who can fund a space program...

Oddly no mention of Brexit party.....

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: akarjl2 on December 31, 2019, 07: AM
Maybe common sense is about to take over in the form of Boris removing the the grip of the Whitehall career mandarins? Looks like I am not the only one asking why we give aid to countries who can fund a space program...

Oddly no mention of Brexit party.....

Or indeed countries that have nuclear weapons!  I believe that (in certain circumstances) foreign aid is just a sweetener/ bribe in order that those countries buy UK armaments, which probably represent more money than what the UK pays out in aid.  Basically, we sell them arms to kill each other with, then send them money to 'ease their suffering' and ease our conscience! Sick old world, isn't it!

akarjl2

QuoteBasically, we sell them arms to kill each other with, then send them money to 'ease their suffering' and ease our conscience! Sick old world, isn't it!

I have nothing on MY conscience - stop the aid - keep money at home.

Trying again

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7838545/Boris-Johnson-urged-overhaul-Britains-foreign-aid-system.html

akarjl2

Looks like the the cat is out of the bag......this is growing wings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-7843971/STEPHEN-GLOVER-Boris-Johnson-never-forgiven-doesnt-tackle-foreign-aid-farce.html

QuoteCrazy schemes paid for by YOU
China

£1.1million on programme to reduce salt intake through research and public health programmes (Department of Health and Social Care)

£984,000 on a study into air pollution in a Chinese mega-city. Researchers are looking into how pollutants affect people's health. (Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy)

£70,315 on project to encourage shoppers not to buy products made with pangolins. The scales of the endangered species are used in traditional medicines, while its meat is a high-end delicacy. (Department for Food and Rural Affairs)

£43,112 on improving training of early years teachers by drawing on techniques used in British classrooms. (Cross-Whitehall Prosperity Fund)

£55,392 on move to reform China's animal testing laws to bring them into line with international standards, including for cosmetics and medicines. (Cross-Whitehall Prosperity Fund)

India

£443,284 on improving weather forecasting in India so that it is better prepared for extreme events such as monsoons. (Department for Business)

£81,091 on scheme to use text messages to give people advice on problem drinking to overcome a shortage in health professionals (Department for Business)

£40,179 on study into whether yoga can be used to prevent type-2 diabetes among those at high risk of developing the disease. (Department for Business)

£20,062 on looking at how solar panels could power India's railways, as part of moves to increase the use of renewable energy sources. (Dfid)

£25,878 promoting employment of women in India's energy sector. (Dfid)

So we should stop this waste of money and spend at home- how about reopening  A & E at Hartlepool?

akarjl2

Looks like the penny is about to drop

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8550287/UK-gives-71m-China-just-one-year.html

Stop throwing money at overseas countries- charity begins at home.