The money and the Elephant

Started by akarjl2, November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

With labours fantasy manifesto hoping to blast us back into the seventies by penalising anyone who dares to work hard and earn more than others I keep wondering why they are all ignoring the Elephant in the corner of the room.....overseas aid budget

OK not the best source of information but the Sun reported......

"The Government's overall overseas aid budget has more than doubled in the past decade and tops the entire £13billion police budget for England and Wales last year"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8796140/britain-spending-foreign-aid-police-force/

Boris the bold back in February wanted it reducing.....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-foreign-aid-budget-cut-gdp-dfid-penny-mordaunt-a8773241.html

Countries developing nuclear weapons do not need overseas aid from UK- Pakistan received 405 million from UK in 2017= Why?

Time to stop this lunacy and spend the money at home where it is needed. Charity is a individual decision based on how much you are prepared to give/can afford and should begin at home........
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 03: PM

Countries developing nuclear weapons do not need overseas aid from UK-

Time to stop this lunacy and spend the money at home where it is needed. Charity is a individual decision based on how much you are prepared to give/can afford and should begin at home........

I wonder what state  the UK would be in  today if the people of the USA had applied those conditions to The Marshall Plan?

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 22, 2019, 04: PM

Countries developing nuclear weapons do not need overseas aid from UK-

I wonder what state  the UK would be in  today if the people of the USA had applied those conditions to The Marshall Plan?

This will come as no surprise but I couldn't give a flying f*c* about the Marshal Plan 74 years ago back in 1945.

Back here in 2019 having just gone through the "NHS Experience" over last three days rolling around in agony....being told 4 hour wait for ambulance.....waiting 5 hours a for a bed...watching NHS teams heroically doing the their best to cope with available resources....

If it is toss up between building some mosques and ballistic missiles in Pakistan or funding the NHS take a wild guess where my vote goes?

Time to stop pretending the rest of the world is our problem= it is not and I , like many do not give a toss about them.

Cue videa re British Empire etc.

DRiddle

Mk1, don't you be coming on here with your knowledge, facts and evidence based arguments. There's no place for that on this forum.

What people like here are meaningless platitudes. Awareness, expertise, knowledge and factual information are frowned upon.

P.S Brexit means Brexit.

akarjl2

Quote from: DRiddle on November 22, 2019, 04: PM
P.S Brexit means Brexit.

Correct

and Charity begins at home....actually its not even Charity it is money been wasted by our government overseas instead of being put to good use here- dare I say it reopening A& E Hartlepool ?

diSme

I absolutely agree with this. It's plain old common sense in my opinion
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 04: PM

This will come as no surprise but I couldn't give a flying f*c* about the Marshal Plan 74 years ago back in 1945.

So the rules you wish to impose on others do not apply to The UK.-got it!

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 04: PM
Back here in 2019 having just gone through the "NHS Experience" over last three days rolling around in agony....being told 4 hour wait for ambulance.....waiting 5 hours a for a bed...watching NHS teams heroically doing the their best to cope with available resources....

Have no fear citizen. Once the UK leaves the EU there will be £350 million extra  for the NHS..............oh wait, I forgot that was a lie wasn't it..............sorreeee.
There is so little trust in Farage over the NHS that one of their election promises is NOT to do something. Guess what it was?
By the way how will waiting times go down  when all 'dem der darkie doctors and nurses is sent back where de cum from'?

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: DRiddle on November 22, 2019, 04: PM
Mk1, don't you be coming on here with your knowledge, facts and evidence based arguments. There's no place for that on this forum.

What people like here are meaningless platitudes. Awareness, expertise, knowledge and factual information are frowned upon.

P.S Brexit means Brexit.
That is one of the most condescending, sneering posts I've read in a long time. It simply oozes arrogance and you  wonder why debate with you is impossible.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

By the way how will waiting times go down  when all 'dem der darkie doctors and nurses is sent back where de cum from'?

Where?  Huddersfield? 

Inspector Knacker

You tasteless last sentence and it's racially embarrassing content carry's no contributor's name so it's safe to assume it was 'thought' up in your own head.
If so, why did you put it up? I did not expect to see something like that on one of your posts.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

:( :( :( :( :(Wow thought better of you MK1. Can you actually say something like that online- pure racism.

This has nothing to do with race....so why drag it in?

At the moment we are sending billions overseas.....while we struggle at home. All of the parties are ignoring this pot of money

admin

No - you can't say that sort of thing online (or anywhere else, for that matter). Be warned.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 05: PM

This has nothing to do with race....

Immigration control has nothing to do with race? You obviously have never seen what gets posted  the UKIP 'private' forums.
I have yet to see anyone complaining that Canadian/Australians or New Zealanders are clogging up our  Health Service.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on November 22, 2019, 06: PM
Immigration control has nothing to do with race? You obviously have never seen what gets posted  the UKIP 'private' forums.
I have yet to see anyone complaining that Canadian/Australians or New Zealanders are clogging up our  Health Service.

Odd attempt at a bodyswerve. 

The thing I want stopping is money being sent overseas by the government to help countries that obviously do not need help...I don't give a rats what creed/colour they are........when we need the money here in UK.

Nice easy source of funding for NHS= stop sending overseas aid= 13+ Billion for NHS

It is not a race issue - your comments however are - I have not seen/heard "that" expression for years especially on a forum= you used it which would suggest we can add a new name to your hate list
.....Farage/Robinson/hopkins.....MK1

Own goal.......

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 22, 2019, 05: PM
Can you actually say something like that online- pure racism.

Yes that must be it. I am racist. Just like Johny Speight was a racist because he wrote the bile Alf Garnet spouted. Did not all the NF members (when Till Death started that was the go-to Party for the haters) think Alf was a hero for  repeating their Manifesto on the telly every week? They thanked Speight for (they believed) providing them with a standard-bearer. Truth was Alf was a caricature and the show was not intended to laud Alf but expose and mock his little englander world view. The fruitcakes never did catch on.