Seaton Parking Charges

Started by testing times, February 21, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatTheHeck

Cllr Marjorie James has sent the following email to the Senior Officer responsible for implementing the scheme and asked that we share the same with yourselves:

"As you are already aware, I decided on Tuesday not to seek the nomination as Chair of Neighbourhood Services going forward. However, I felt it was right that I attend the consultation meeting with residents and businesses at Seaton Carew without this knowledge being in the public domain.

Following what I consider to be a very productive and forthright meeting with residents and businesses yesterday, I would like to thank you and your staff for assisting me with this issue.

I would also like to make the following recommendations for immediate changes to the Experimental Traffic Order currently in place based on the needs expressed.

1. That the Park - Car Park on Station Lane - Disk Parking Scheme be extended from 1 hr to 2hrs. – This gives assistance to the hairdressers at the bottom of Station Lane and also means that we can meet the bowlers at least half way. As matches starting at 4 p.m. onwards will not be required to pay anything for parking.
2. That the Disk Parking Scheme on the Front be extended from 30 minutes to 1hr. This will assist small businesses that are reliant on daytime customers such as Glady's Vintage Tea Room and the fish and chip shops etc.
3. That the current mix of Pay and Display and Resident Parking at The Front, The Cliff and Coronation Drive be restricted to Resident Only.
4. That consideration be given to designating some of the area near the bus station for additional Business Permit spaces. The current area is not sufficient for the number of small businesses on the Front.
5. That the 3 main car parks time of operation be amended to 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. This will assist small businesses that are reliant on evening customers such as the restaurants and fish and chip shops etc.
6. That urgent attention be given to installing a bin store to remove these from their current location behind the shops on the coast side of the Front. This should alleviate the need for bin wagons to enter this area and was part of the decision made in February. This was discussed with Ward Councillors who were supportive of the idea.
In addition to the above and as part of the review process in the Autumn, Allendale and the adjacent Streets be consulted about being designated as a resident permit parking and 20 mph zone.

Regards
Cllr. Marjorie James"
No relation to Whattheheck from the mail !

fred c

One of the LabMob geniuses must have had a bang on the head and thought. Oooooerrrrr we have upset 3500 voters, that could cost us the seat come June 8th.....whilst this decision is to be welcomed, it does mean more council tax will needed to be spent changing the signs..DOH

Land Phil

The charges are the issue not the detail of the charges

Lord Elpus

Looks like Mad Dog and the SCAB's have had big bust up.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 11, 2017, 03: PM
Looks like Mad Dog and the SCAB's have had big bust up.
Winning a council seat by just 20 odd votes with such a strong candidate must put the fear of god into those who know they are seen as thieves and chancers. If a Doctor just scrapes in then they know they are in serious trouble.

DRiddle

I agree, there'll be something going on behind the scenes. Somebody even more 'favoured' than Marjorie will have eyed up the seat. You could literally find the smelliest, foulest, festering, biggest pile of dog turd in certain wards, tell people "That's the Labour candidate" and they'll vote for it.

(and yes you can quote me on that Christopher, and yes you can report me to Peter for it, i'll happily make that point very publicly and in those terms).

My guess is daddy Belcher fancies a few hundred quid a month. Either that or they'll switch Alan Clarke to a safer ward.

One way or the other, the parasites will be sensing the potential 'wind of change' politically and will be fighting to climb on board the safest host.

Time will tell.

fred c

Even the most moronic Labour voter will start to suspect theres a rabbit is away if Daddy Belcher, joins Mammy Belcher, Cwissy Akers Belcher and Lying Ste Akers Belcher as clowncilors....... even the numbnuts in the HCLP and Labour North may think it a step to far.........   

And heavens to murgatroyd, even Senior Officers might start to have palpitations if HBC ends up with a Belchers Dynasty in the chamber

steveL

Quote from: fred c on May 11, 2017, 04: PM
Even the most moronic Labour voter will start to suspect theres a rabbit is away if Daddy Belcher, joins Mammy Belcher, Cwissy Akers Belcher and Lying Ste Akers Belcher as clowncilors....... even the numbnuts in the HCLP and Labour North may think it a step to far.........   

And heavens to murgatroyd, even Senior Officers might start to have palpitations if HBC ends up with a Belchers Dynasty in the chamber

Have I missed something here?

Marjorie has stepped down as Chair of Neighbourhood Services; she's not resigning as a Councillor.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

I didn't mean anytime before May 2018..... MD is not seeking the Chair of Neighbourhood Services, I take it from her comment on the parking back down statement there must be a re-shuffle in the pipeline......if that is the case, who has their head up Cwistophers a**e far enough to get the job ?

akarjl

Quote from: Land Phil on May 11, 2017, 02: PM
The charges are the issue not the detail of the charges

Bang on.....again the question has to be ask why charge in Seaton and not on the Headland? As someone else said it is to punish Seaton for daring not to vote for labour....bit of an own goal though mad dog is running scared.......

fred c

Not in a million years did the LabMob expect the backlash from Seaton residents, the 3500 petitioners will, in all probability vote for anyone but Labour...... 4 weeks to the election and Labours a***s are twitching....... if labour lose the seat, 5 people will be primarily responsible for that loss...... CAB, SAB, MD, Craney and last but not least the 'Member'  :'( :'( :'(

WhatTheHeck

Another possibility, the Labour cabal decide to take revenge on Seaton for not electing a Labour  candidate in the last local election, Marge obliges by forcing through punitive parking charges.

Labour are then caught on the back foot by Mays decision to hold a snap general election, Mad Dog is then ordered by the cabal to try and appease the the Seaton voters by an immediate revision of the parking scam.

Labour can then claim that they have helped to resolve issues.

Mad Dog throws a wobbler, because she has been thrown to the dogs and resigns as chair, despite having been assured she will be handed another, more important chair position.

No matter what she is still an obnoxious person, as has been stated in the past, 'You can put lipstick on a pig'

steveL

From what I gather, they've been sorting out the Chairs of all of the committees for next year and when it came to Marj she was awarded nil points
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

The proposed alterations could have been avoided by not not implementing this pointless plan in the first place. From the number of proposals put forward, it's obvious very little research had been done on the impact of the parking charges. Was there any forward planning by those with a local knowledge or was it, as it appears, bang em in and collect the cash?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

WhatTheHeck

The guy from highways dept. who was at the consultation, claimed that everything was rushed through, stated that they only had 6 weeks notice.

He did not appear happy and came across totally clueless.