Seaton Parking Charges

Started by testing times, February 21, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

testing times

"It is the responsibility of us to always listen to residents and meet their needs wherever possible." Christopher Akers-Belcher 10th February.

The Leader made the above comment after Mad Dog buckled to the wishes of a few dozen allotment holders - 3,500 signed the petition to stop these parking charges being introduced.

By my reckoning, if the council are right and these charges bring in £140,000 per year with £60,000 start-up costs then it will take 3 years to recoup the losses of the Inspirations Cafe and what about all those who pay for a permit to park outside their homes? Wonder how they take the news that residential permits will be free in Seaton?

What a farce.

steveL

Bit of spin at work here. The £140,000 'loss' in parking charge revenue is not really a loss at all; it's just that they didn't make as much money from parking charges as their budget had suggested that they would. The reason for that is that fewer and fewer people are doing their shopping at Middleton Grange.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Alnwickist

Started the work last week.Obvious stitch up.

not4me

For all the talk of attracting more visitors to Seaton, the only concrete thing that has happened so far is the council deciding to tax anyone that does. This shows all the business instinct of one of Cranney's 26 failed enterprises

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on February 21, 2017, 12: PM
Bit of spin at work here. The £140,000 'loss' in parking charge revenue is not really a loss at all; it's just that they didn't make as much money from parking charges as their budget had suggested that they would. The reason for that is that fewer and fewer people are doing their shopping at Middleton Grange.
So the deficit is just a failure to attain a budgeted target. Trouble is, the budgeted target should be arrived at after assessing the situation and not just ploughing on.
The short fall is a guesstimate of projected income and not a loss.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

DRiddle

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: DRiddle on February 21, 2017, 07: PM
She's being torn apart via the comments on the mail online.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/seaton-parking-charges-due-to-be-introduced-despite-protests-1-8401212

I almost feel sorry for her.

Almost.  ::)

The milk of human kindness is distinctly curdled ...  ;)

Inspector Knacker

Where does this decision originate from, officers or councillors ?
I'm surprised there hasn't been the usual U turn where they cave in to pressure and proclaim themselves saviours for stopping something they started and slapping themselves on the back.
How many Labour councillors are there in Seaton ?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

It really shows what HBC think of the people of Hartlepool when they set the parking hours between 8am and 8pm. Deliberately to get as many people paying, as they can! Many people will enjoy a stroll, jog or cycle along the prom or beach, early evening...after 6, I dare say.  If they now have to pay for their short daily exercise, then I reckon they won't bother! What effect will this have on people's health, not to mention the businesses in Seaton!  I wonder if HBC has done an Impact Assessment in regards to health.
The only positive thing that I hope will come from this is that the LabTor scum who voted for this will not get re-elected.  The Hartlepool / Seaton folks need to be reminded often, especially at election time! 

fred c

None..... the LabTor Mob aren't going to spend any money when they know they won't win a seat in the ward..... so they have stuck it to Seetun Crew......... does anyone think the LabMob would charge for parking if Seaton had 3 labour councillors........ what a shower of s***e they are.

DRiddle

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04rmd3m

2 hours 6 minutes into the broadcast onwards is all to do with the issue of the car parking.

mk1

Quote from: DRiddle on February 21, 2017, 07: PM
She's being torn apart via the comments on the mail online.

I made the mistake of offering her a mild rebuke once at Hartlepool Railway Station. The haradin went straight into a  full meltdown and let loose a screeching  torrent of expletive laden invective. Startled passengers were flecked with spittle as she writhed in apoplectic rage. The mute muppet who acompanies her everywhere never even blinked once. He must be used to the  outbursts.
She really is as vile as she is made out to be and from her reaction it is clear she is not used to being bearded.
Never have I seen a woman whos physical appearence was such an accurate  reflection of her character.

"And ye shall judge them by the company they keep".

mk1

Johnny Bongo

I'd only heard about her reputation on the Post and as I'd not been to a council meeting before, had never seen her 'perform', so to speak!  Cue the Allotments Rent Rises meeting ( the Tuesday one) ::)  with a full house of irate gardeners!  At one point, she lost it and accused someone (who was asking a question) of not being who he said he was!  After he proved...YES...PROVED...who he was, all he got was a grumbling, insincere grunt of an excuse for an apology!  Not a momentous event with her outburst, I grant you...but enough for me to know that she's definitely NOT 100%.  Anyway, I think she's been sent away for re-programming!
Btw, mk1...did you manage to remove any of her acid laden spit and bile from your clothes after your encounter...or did you just burn them?