Seaton Parking Charges

Started by testing times, February 21, 2017, 12: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Elpus

Quote from: DRiddle on February 27, 2017, 07: PM
Hunter's a strange one. He's eager to give his views over facebook on groups like Town of Hartlepool, Seaton Carew News etc. but he shy's away very quickly from actually discussing a political issue linked to what it is he wants to chip in about.

Take earlier for example, there was some dialogue between Dave Hunter and Geoff Lilley about the new micro pub. Geoff asked Hunter WHY he voted for the parking charges in Seaton.

Hunter quickly shut the conversation down. . . but, said he looked forward to meeting with Geoff socially to discuss things.

I don't know how many seats 'room 101' has, but what with Jim Lindridge spilling the beans, and Hunter offering Marjorie's arch nemesis an olive branch... it could get pretty crowded in there.

Especially when they find out which one of them has been putting the word about regarding a certain UKIP councilor's antics at Christmas.

Re a certain UKIP Councillors Christmas 'c**k up'.  I was at 'West View Ferret and Turnip club' (pre breeding season) stud book editing meeting last week and the topic of Calamity being offended by someones politically incorrects remarks was mentioned, actually it slipped out over a small glass of benedictine.

Obviously the gathering were 'all ears' by such salacious gossip.  Roll on the breeding season was the general view of members

mk1

I am afraid the  hints are to subtle for me. I presume the actual word 'c**k' was used?
An  Iron Hoof allusion?

steveL

Everyone knows that George is a born again Jesus freak - not the real one, obviously, but Jesus Schmidt formerly of the Allgemeine SS

We're sitting on this story at the moment while we await some verification but I'm already certain that if the real Jesus did make an appearance in George's life it would only be to give him a good clip round the ear..
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Hartlepudlion

In the video didn't md say "I pay" (about 10.40 in)

And yet how many times has she said in meetings  "I don't drive" ?

steveL

There are so many holes in the case she makes, not least the shift in motivation from financial to safety because the finances simply don't stack up. Her comparison between Seaton Traders and those in Murray Street does not explain the freedom from any such charges at Wynyard shops where the same comparison could be made - fat chance of that though, eh Marj?

I've seen many of these dim-wits 'Chairing' meetings and they really haven't a clue. Notice how little other labour councillors contribute other than to say 'agree' at the appropriate moment and how much Marj's voice dominates proceedings. One of a Chairman's chief functions is to invite participation from around the table - perhaps a bit pointless when other Labour councillors have already been told where they stand. You can tell by the way that Denise Ogden and Marj race through the report that this is governance by decree and it's time everyone stopped pretending otherwise.

To me, Marj's only real use these days is to succinctly sum up everything that is wrong with HBC in one giant, amoeboid blob.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on February 27, 2017, 09: PM
Everyone knows that George is a born again Jesus freak - not the real one, obviously, but Jesus Schmidt formerly of the Allgemeine SS

When I first glimpsed this  for a split second I thought it was Hartlepool..................oh that we could be so lucky!!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-39110700

I believe George would feel more at home in SS-Totenkopfverbände.

fred c

I am still struggling to understand 'How' paying to park your car, will clear all the dog s***e from the promenade

Over to you MD........ ?

Front page of the Mail....... lets hear what Mad Dog has to say on this, it makes a mockery of the Seaton charges.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-council-extends-free-car-parking-in-shopping-centre-1-8412002

akarjl

Did I miss something? MD was obviously trying to bully her way through the meeting and as usual not interested in anything that conflicted with her weird world view....fairness was mentioned and a ludicrous claim that it was not about money....so if fairness is an issue why are there NO parking meters on the car parks at the manor,Brenda road, the Museum of the Royal navy or whatever we are calling it this week and along the sea front on the headland?

Of course it is about money, when have the likes of Maddog done anything for reasons other than to ensure there are enough funds to pay them sit in on meetings?

The own goal by maddog re no seaton councillors being at meeting- response = "they are all at work" was hilarious.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on February 28, 2017, 06: AM
I am still struggling to understand 'How' paying to park your car, will clear all the dog s***e from the promenade

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/hartlepool-council-extends-free-car-parking-in-shopping-centre-1-8412002
Probably because there'll be no one there with a dog, or anything else come to that.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

Quote from: Riddler5 on February 28, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: fred c on February 28, 2017, 06: AM

Probably because there'll be no one there with a dog, or anything else come to that.

Probably true, the "Mad One" doesn't drive and I suspect she would struggle to waddle her way to seaton.

steveL

You cannot argue with Marj. The woman is an idiot....

Watch the video - the subject is Parking Charges and in the middle of it all she comes up with, "The one group of people who have not been taken into account at all are the people who get the bus to Seaton."

Wonder why that is, Marj? . . . Yer thick bugger.

Lord Elpus

Quote from: steveL on February 27, 2017, 10: PM
There are so many holes in the case she makes, not least the shift in motivation from financial to safety because the finances simply don't stack up. Her comparison between Seaton Traders and those in Murray Street does not explain the freedom from any such charges at Wynyard shops where the same comparison could be made - fat chance of that though, eh Marj?

I've seen many of these dim-wits 'Chairing' meetings and they really haven't a clue. Notice how little other labour councillors contribute other than to say 'agree' at the appropriate moment and how much Marj's voice dominates proceedings. One of a Chairman's chief functions is to invite participation from around the table - perhaps a bit pointless when other Labour councillors have already been told where they stand. You can tell by the way that Denise Ogden and Marj race through the report that this is governance by decree and it's time everyone stopped pretending otherwise.

To me, Marj's only real use these days is to succinctly sum up everything that is wrong with HBC in one giant, amoeboid blob.

Over the years HBC has spent a considerable amount on money on Councillors development, one regular course used to be how to Chair a meeting.

It would be emphasided that a Chairperson was there to facilitate the meeting and not dominate it, to dyed in the wool Stalinists like Mad Dog this was seen as heresy.

Its ironic that Clamamity Chris has decided that the 'control freaks' are to Chair of the key Committees, when he promised openess and transparency.

The similarities to Stalins Russia are too close.  I've heard yet another Seniour Officer has had enough of our Civic Leadership and will be putting thier notice in within a few weeks.

rabbit

So the mothers who may have collected their kids from school are encouraged to head over to Middleton Grange shops rather than to Seaton Carew for some fresh air and dog spotting.

I guess that the car parks at the shopping centre at present are not full after 3 pm, so if more cars do head over there to fill the empty spaces, then the resulting loss to the council will be more than 20000 pounds.

So........,

Shepherd

I think it was very interesting when the blond woman on the left asked if there was an exit strategy if it all went pete tong.

I can only assume that it was MD who gave the response, where firstly she said it was all in the report, then at 12:40 she said "neither you nor I can know what what the impact will be [of introducing this measure].

Is that not the point of due diligence.

The decision was taken on the grounds that after six months the measure could be: -

1.   Expanded
2.   Removed altogether

She literally does not know what impact it will have.

Let me give a her a clue, previously free amenities are now going to cost, people will vote with their pockets and they will stop going. Even a 10% drop in numbers will impact businesses and I suspect the percentage will be much greater than that.

If I had a business in Seaton I would be getting out now before the hammer drops.

MD is economically illiterate and demonstrates all the business acumen of a benighted yokel.

As for "gusesstimate" on costs, you know its as good as putting a big pile of money into a heap and setting fire to it, then guessing how much you burned, divide it by three and then take two years to release the information to the public.