General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steely Dan

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 21, 2017, 11: AM
Quote from: Steely Dan on May 21, 2017, 08: AM
DRiddle, I've already placed a very substantial bet with a national bookmaker. I'm looking forward to picking up my winnings. I'll be donating it all to charities.
Any charities we know?

I usually support The Children's Society, Cancer UK and Guide Dogs.

Why do you ask?

Inspector Knacker

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Steely Dan

Inspector Knacker

Obviously, I'm not a member of a political party so my times my own, dogma free.

kevplumb

https://tinyurl.com/nyrlgat

cracks are starting to appear  ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

akarjl

Looks like the Sedgfield man has some balls...what a strange concept support the people who vote for him rather than the party....

steveL

Sedgefield Labour candidate attempts to distance himself from Jeremy Corbyn in strongly-worded letter to constituents

"Your vote in Sedgefield on June 8 won't affect who is in number 10 on June 9 – but it will effect who is your local MP.

"I am no supporter of Theresa May and I am no supporter of Jeremy Corbyn – the only people I support are you, the people of Sedgefield constituency."

"I put local people and local concerns first – from backing your Brexit, bringing Hitachi here, to fighting to keep your A&E open and for fully funded schools. If this means standing up to May, I do. If this means opposing Corbyn, I do.

"I am for Labour not for Corbyn, it is my name on the ballot paper."

https://tinyurl.com/kqfjfn9
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Steely Dan

What a surprise. Blair's big mate disentangle like Corbyn. I'm shocked. :-0

grim reaper

Mr Unison Hill states he will bring more quality jobs to Hartlepool.
No meat on the bone, no explanation of HOW he will magic jobs out of thin air.  :-[

However, he could have made a good start by supporting jobs ALREADY IN THE TOWN by having his thousands of leaflets printed in one of HARTLEPOOL'S many printers...instead of a company in Northamptonshire!  :o

If he calls that fighting for Hartlepool jobs, he's a bigger Unison k**b than I thought he was.  :(

You remember Unison in Hartlepool, they use civic centre facilities and Hartlepool council staff to conduct their nefarious union business, and pay NOTHING.
The council tax payers of this town bankroll the union.
That's Unison and that's Hill. He can't wait to get his Unison nose deeper into the  taxpayers trough.

Now, let's see. I don't think I mentioned UKIP, the EU, brown people or any of the other aspects that the omniscient MK1 thinks are not allowed on this site.  :P

I remember a while ago when he raged against those stating on here that the EU wanted their own army, with Germany at its head.
We all now know that was and is the case and he was wrong.
Damn! I've blasphemed.

steveL

QuoteMr Unison Hill states he will bring more quality jobs to Hartlepool.
No meat on the bone, no explanation of HOW he will magic jobs out of thin air.

He needs to have a word with Christopher then and his Vision to fill the town with part-time bar, hotel and retail jobs on zero hour contracts.

Funny to hear Corbyn decrying zero hour contracts and how banning them is now in the Labour manifesto. I distinctly remember an opposition proposal (one of Riddle's, I think)  that the council should stop employing people on zero hour contracts.

It was voted down by Labour.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Inspector Knacker

Hill looks like a reluctant baby sitter, sent in to throw a blanket over the disfunctional chavs in the hope no one will notice them.

fred c

Look at his proposal form.......the names on that say all that needs to be said about Mr Hill prospective labour candidate for Hartlepool and a hand puppet for Cwistopher.

mk1

May stumbled badly today. She is not comfortable answering without slogans. Must be the quickest U-Turn in the history of elections. She simply is not up to an open forum and it is clear why she has refused to appear with Corbyn. He would make her look lack-lustre and shallow.
The Tory lead has eroded over the weekend so things are starting to get interesting..........

mk1

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 22, 2017, 06: PM
Hill looks like a reluctant baby sitter, sent in to throw a blanket over the disfunctional chavs in the hope no one will notice them.
Given he is from out-of-town I suspect it was them or no-one. If you walk down South Road any afternoon you can see them all plotting in the Labour HQ. They have one of those big note-pad things on an easel and you can read it from outside. Lots of interesting insights into the mess they think they have to clean-up!

fred c

Getting shot of The SCAB Cabal would help help a tad.