General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

Interesting to see that there's over 5000 votes for those who aren't standing this time around - people who aren't strongly allied to the two main parties. These (plus disaffected ex-UKIP voters) could well give the Conservatives an ever increasing chance of taking Hartlepool.

Despite all the media hype about 'freezing pensioners' etc., would have thought that most people could see through the waffle.

steveL

As I see it, this isn't about Tories and Labour, it's about the fall-out that will result if Labour lose the seat. I believe the local Cabal will be toast if that's the way it goes. You only have to look at the last few elections, local and national, to see how Labour have been haemorrhaging votes under CAB's leadership.

Those 8,256 Tory votes last time are rock solid and I would predict that Labour's 14,076 will go down not only due to the Corbyn effect but also because of the CAB effect. Seaton Parking charges, Carpetgate, Cafe in the Cemetery, Wilcox and now Pubic Questions - they're not exactly vote winners for Labour are they?

So the Tories are probably looking for another 4,000 votes from the 11,052 that went to UKIP and the 4,004 that went to Independents. The step from UKIP to the Tories is a lot more obvious than the step from UKIP to Labour and nationally it's reckoned to be around 2/3 UKIP switching to the Tories. As for those 4,004 votes for Independents, these are people who have already decided at least once not to vote Labour and so are now floaters looking for a home.

I reckon they're home and dry.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Steely Dan

I reckon Labour will p**s it. I'm prepared to have a friendly cash wager Steve. You?

steveL

Quote from: Steely Dan on May 21, 2017, 06: AM
I reckon Labour will p**s it. I'm prepared to have a friendly cash wager Steve. You?

No point. Even if you won the bet then, in all conscience, I couldn't possibly pay up until the day after the Tribunal winners received their due compensation.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

DRiddle

No point betting with each other. Bet with the national bookmakers. They still have Labour as 2/1 outsiders 5/2 in places, to hold a seat they've held for 60 years.

The 'toxic' Tories are 4/9 favourites, 2/5 in places.

5/2 is huge odds when you consider the history of the seat. If CAB and the cabal were 100% confident Labour will hold Hartlepool then they should but their mortgages on a Labour win at 5/2... well, those of them who can actually get mortgages whilst having no job.

Think about it, 10, even 5, years ago if someone said "If you bet £20 on Labour to win the seat in Hartlepool and if they do i'll give you £70 back", you'd have bitten their hand off and took the bet.

But would you NOW? ...... "The CAB effect".

Steely Dan

DRiddle, I've already placed a very substantial bet with a national bookmaker. I'm looking forward to picking up my winnings. I'll be donating it all to charities.

mala

The most important choice you have to make in this Election is who is better to get us out of the dreadful EU.
This is something we decided we wanted by a large majority at the Referendum despite our Dear Leader advising us otherwise I. Anything else can be resolved to at a future election.
UKIP and Lib Dems cannot form a Government except as a coalition so the only choice is Conservative or Labour.
Past events undertaken by the present Council may also be a deciding factor in your decision.
But remember it is your choice, your vote, use it wisely.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on May 21, 2017, 08: AM
DRiddle, I've already placed a very substantial bet with a national bookmaker. I'm looking forward to picking up my winnings. I'll be donating it all to charities.
Any charities we know?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lord Elpus

On a personnal level I have a lot of time for Mike Hill, however, and its a bloody big however, if he gets elected he'll have to pay the piper.

Wrighty had the sense to have nowt to do with the likes of the SCAB's Mad Dog, Cranney, Richardson and all, Shighty kept all jobs in his office within his family or at least people who were at a considerable distance from the likes of the SCAB's.

Hill will be under considerable pressure to employ the likes of 'Andsome Steve', Mad Dog, and other party fookwits.  In effect they will take over the ship and Hill will be little more than a puppet.

Would Hills have the balls to be his own man?  I'm not sure and that alone could stop me voting Labour.

grim reaper

SteveL:
You rightly point out some of the catastrophic failures of the Labour cabal in this town.
Unfortunately, most of the points raised mean diddly squat to the majority of town residents because of the Hartlepool Fails refusal to highlight the criminal activities going on, or the 'suspicious' dealings behind the scenes, which any REAL local newspaper would jump at to reveal.  >:(

Sadly, despite the high regard I have for the Hartlepool Post and its investigative reporting, the stories regarding what is really going on behind the scenes and how OUR money is being squandered, is not reaching a wide enough audience.
I still speak to people in this town that are unaware of half of what has/is going on!
:o   :(
I wish there was a way to explode the recent history of the shenanigans of Labour in this town of ours.  8)
Without it, I fear it will be a Labour MP in June and the scabs will meander through their dissolute lives until THEY decide to do something different.
The Labour result on the headland proved that.....the 'my grandad would turn in his grave if I voted for anyone but a Labour candidate' ethos. 
So sad. So tragically sad.   :'(

akarjl

I dont do Twitter,Minstergram or Facialbook but for anyone here that does, a continuous stream of links to this site will get indexed by Google and co, also there are always a few politics/humour/satire bloggers on lookout for stories, even if the mainstream press seem to ignore the lunacy.

A google search for "christoper ackers-belcher" shows the Hpost at position 5 on page one.

.....christoper ackers-belcher= article about lying ste getting sacked....1st page

Time to spread the goodness...........

fred c

Quote from: Lord Elpus on May 21, 2017, 11: AM
On a personnal level I have a lot of time for Mike Hill, however, and its a bloody big however, if he gets elected he'll have to pay the piper.

Wrighty had the sense to have nowt to do with the likes of the SCAB's Mad Dog, Cranney, Richardson and all, Shighty kept all jobs in his office within his family or at least people who were at a considerable distance from the likes of the SCAB's.

Hill will be under considerable pressure to employ the likes of 'Andsome Steve', Mad Dog, and other party fookwits.  In effect they will take over the ship and Hill will be little more than a puppet.

Would Hills have the balls to be his own man?  I'm not sure and that alone could stop me voting Labour.

The problem is LE, Mike Hill has already committed himself to the SCAB Cabal, by allowing Lying Ste Akers B and The Misogynistic Entrepreneur Craney to propose him, he should have kept them the length of the Heugh Pier away from a pen and his proposal form.

His "toxic fog / independent" comment in the Guardian, also points the direction his compass is pointing and unfortunately it means nothing will change in a Labour held Hartlepool....

If on the other hand, he announced that he would insist on immediate investigations into Lying Ste's sacking and the Abandonment of The Town Plan .........  ;)

steveL

Quote from: grim reaper on May 21, 2017, 01: PM
SteveL:
You rightly point out some of the catastrophic failures of the Labour cabal in this town.
Unfortunately, most of the points raised mean diddly squat to the majority of town residents because of the Hartlepool Fails refusal to highlight the criminal activities going on, or the 'suspicious' dealings behind the scenes, which any REAL local newspaper would jump at to reveal.  >:(

Sadly, despite the high regard I have for the Hartlepool Post and its investigative reporting, the stories regarding what is really going on behind the scenes and how OUR money is being squandered, is not reaching a wide enough audience.
I still speak to people in this town that are unaware of half of what has/is going on!
:o   :(
I wish there was a way to explode the recent history of the shenanigans of Labour in this town of ours.  8)
Without it, I fear it will be a Labour MP in June and the scabs will meander through their dissolute lives until THEY decide to do something different.
The Labour result on the headland proved that.....the 'my grandad would turn in his grave if I voted for anyone but a Labour candidate' ethos. 
So sad. So tragically sad.   :'(

oh there's still plenty of those about, don't get me wrong but the L about vote of 14,000 isn't going to go up this time around and I expect it to drop by a couple of thousand. That leaves the Tories needing to pick up only 4,000 from previous UKIP and Independent voters which totalled 13,000 last time and if you voted to leave the EU in the referendum (and 69% did) then you're not going to vote for Corbyn's half-in, half-out approach.

grim reaper

You are right to be concerned Fred. and I share your concerns.
Hill BELONGS to Unison, period.  :-X
Just look at the usual suspects in our Labour council that have Unison memberships. They don't even have jobs but they are aligned with the union.
Is Hill going to turn against his own members?  :-X

This is simply yet another 'stitch up' of the system to enable Labour hold on to power in Hartlepool.

UKIP? Nah. Broughton may have helped his cause if his party literature had stated he would initiate investigations into Hartlepool council procedures regarding the awarding of contracts and finance to CICs etc.
A Hartlepool MP ought to be investigating illegal contracts/failure to pay prescribed rates of pay/zero hour contracts in THIS town, NOT a sports manufacturing company in the Midlands!  >:(

However, I still believe a UKIP vote is the best in local elections, simply so it takes out both Labour and Tory seats and they lose their grip on the Civic Centre,
AND THE SENIOR OFFICERS THAT HAVE TO KOWTOW TO THEIR WHIMS!  >:(  >:(  >:(
We are between a rock and a hard place.  :'(

Inspector Knacker

I suspect that as we speak, the inmates are ordering puppet strings for their new prospective MP.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.