General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRiddle

fred c

455 signatures in a few hours, what would really throw a spanner in CABS works would be if Tuesdays meeting turned into a full house and the tv and press turned up...... they would only need to read the agenda to realise he is telling a shed load of porkies..... and that could cost them the seat.....

fred c

fred c

fred c

The Great Dictator

Will Corbyn quit when he loses ?

jeffh

Quote from: The Great Dictator on May 20, 2017, 10: AM

Will Corbyn quit when he loses ?
Doubt it - he'll be backed as Leader by the same type of people who are keeping our beloved (hold that door) leader his royal sumptiousness Kwissie Tsar I of the Peoples' Democratic State of Hartlepool and his consort Tsarina Handsome Steve in a job.

steveL

You can tell there's a rabbit off by the amount of TV coverage the town has been getting lately. Yesterday it was Sky News in town and the day before BBC Newsnight were on the Marina.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Theresa May herself made n appearance before June 8th. I think the Tories like the idea of taking Mandelson's old constituency.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

akarjl

I wonder if a lot of people will vote UKIP simply as a protest vote,seeing as Labour and Tories have nothing to offer the town?

admin

Only people who like to be losers would vote UKIP. It's a fact that a lot of people vote for who they think will win simply because they like to be on the winning side.

Inspector Knacker

UKIP is a busted flush, all the evidence we need is in the council chamber. If you want change, you're gonna have to hold your nose and vote for the best realistic challenger.
It'll also do the Labour Party good to spend some time in the wilderness. They might even start to rebuild the party locally. I won't hold my breath though.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

Quote from: admin on May 20, 2017, 01: PM
a lot of people vote for who they think will win simply because they like to be on the winning side.

We may as well spin the bottle then....they all appear the same

admin

akarjl

Quote from: akarjl on May 20, 2017, 01: PM
Quote from: admin on May 20, 2017, 01: PM
a lot of people vote for who they think will win simply because they like to be on the winning side.

We may as well spin the bottle then....they all appear the same

Sorry should have said "they all appear equally unappealing"

seaton

It will depend on what the people who voted UKIP decide how to vote, will they switch back too Labour. I think May 'shot herself in the foot' with the Winter Fuel means testing and the changes in Social Care. She didn't indicate how the WFA was going to be means tested, I think anyone in receipt of benefits will qualify. If you were a UKIP voter you might think May would get a better deal than Corbyn re Brexit.
Removing the triple lock on Pensions will also cost her votes.
After my rant I can't see a Conservative candidate being elected.