General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Quote from: Riddler5 on May 19, 2017, 06: AM
Just got the blurb from Mike Hill through the letterbox.
HAVING A LOCAL HOSPITAL IS REALLY IMPORTANT TO THE TOWN AND I AM TOTALLY AGAINST ANY MORE CUTS TO SERVICES, is there anything left to cut of any consequence now? By the way, this whole sorry process was begun under your government and approved by local politicians ado don't try that one on.
As a resident of the town I can only assume he walks around with his eyes closed, doesn't spend much time here in daylight and wasn't aware of the fun adventures of our local politicians.

One of this candidates proposers was the Chairman of the Health Scrutiny Committee that signed off on the closure of the A&E Department............ Maybe Mike Hill is unaware of this connection, in the last few days I have come to the conclusion that he must have been in stasis for several years.

"Stasis (fiction) implies, especially in science-fiction, an artificial pause that stops all physical and chemical processes, including those of life; they resume as if uninterrupted as soon as the stasis is ended"

There has to be a reason he appears to be oblivious to what has been going on with the LabMob coalition in Hartlepool  ???

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

The Great Dictator

Thats incorrect, the Greens aren't even standing, this must be the national election odds ?

mk1

I believe all the polls showing Labour losing Hartlepool are national and thus 'suspect'. The Mail had an 8000 sample 'Regional'  survey yesterday that said it was 'North East England'.

Note the 'one-issue' Brexit obsessives are a minority.

akarjl

Looks like we are not alone in Hartlepool...."don't know / won't vote" around 30%....says a lot about how disillusioned with politics in general people are.

craig finton

I think the Tories have it in the bag. It's all a question of mathematics.

The Great Dictator

Not Diane Abbotts strongpoint.

steveL

Quote from: mk1 on May 19, 2017, 01: PM
I believe all the polls showing Labour losing Hartlepool are national and thus 'suspect'. The Mail had an 8000 sample 'Regional'  survey yesterday that said it was 'North East England'.

Note the 'one-issue' Brexit obsessives are a minority.

A cursory glance at The Mail coverage would tell anyone that they are busy trying to maintain the status quo and are probably working with the council's PR Department to do so. You can comment on the Philip Broughton story, for example, but NOT on Akers-Belcher denial that next Tuesday will see the public lose completely their right to submit questions at full council meetings.

The paper will have a real problem if the Tories win Hartlepool; they know it and are doing everything they can to prevent it. So am I interested in a Mail Survey?

Work it out.

mk1

Quote from: steveL on May 19, 2017, 02: PM
So am I interested in a Mail Survey?

Work it out.

Google Survey not Mail Survey. It is not a forgone conclusion that the Tories will win in Hartlepool no matter how appealing it may seem. 

Inspector Knacker

Nothing can be taken for certain in politics, certainly not this time around, but the electorate of Hartlepool , or a rump of them, have an inbuilt talent for shooting themselves in the foot, and face come to that.
I still expect Labour to creep over the finishing line.
Tactical voting in Hartlepool is like plutonium, you don't touch it and you don't get it on your clothes.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

fred c

Tuesdays council meeting could be interesting, the petition doing the rounds about the constitutional changes has several hundred signatures on it already.... if a 50, 60, 70 people show up at Tuesdays council meeting and a TV News channel was in attendance and a reporter from a decent paper (I know, asking a lot) but If that happened, it could cost The LabMob the election........ It really could.

akarjl

Quote from: fred c on May 19, 2017, 05: PM
Tuesdays council meeting could be interesting, the petition doing the rounds about the constitutional changes has several hundred signatures on it already.... if a 50, 60, 70 people show up at Tuesdays council meeting and a TV News channel was in attendance and a reporter from a decent paper (I know, asking a lot) but If that happened, it could cost The LabMob the election........ It really could.

Fingers crossed, typically I am offshore so can't get there...hope as many as possible do attend- placards at the ready.

pieface

Has anyone received the vote Mike Hill Labour leaflet delivered by post this week? The comedy shambolic photo on the front of it is a vote winner they think???