General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Quote from: Hubris on May 15, 2017, 10: PM
..the only rational conclusion I can come to...

I admire the fact you  aspire to rationality.   Keep posting because the infinite monkey theorem is on your side.............

akarjl

.The one you struggled with (howling at the moon) may have a connection with a post I sent last week from Transylvania and the anti-freeloader fence in Hungary.

Damn missed the connection there sorry  ;)

.......after ploughing through yet another of his constant, repetitive, myopic, narrow-minded, petty, mean-spirited diatribes......the only rational conclusion I can come to is that he CANNOT be for real! No-one that is genuine could be so immature.

Phew, I was wondering if it was only me who is constantly confused by the "stuck record".

LOL Looks like you are also benefiting from MK1's peculiar form of "enlightenment". Don't suppose you are a bong eyed loony are you? ;)

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on May 15, 2017, 11: PM
confused by the "stuck record".

The proper term is 'Broken Record'.  I have also used  'Fogging' several times without you noticing.
You don't always need to have a ring in the Bull's nose to lead him about.......................

akarjl

When i played records they "Stuck" or jumped. Looks like i am not the only one confused by your posts. Try going to bed earlier or different meds?

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on May 16, 2017, 12: AM
Looks like i am not the only one confused by your posts.

Feign Ignorance

This is bait to lure the target into "proving their case". When the target takes the bait, then the troll can simply parry every argument or point by claiming that the target hasn't convinced them. This puts the troll in control of the situation.

akarjl

Oh dear again nothing original there then?

http://www.lee-dohm.com/2017/02/03/troll-tactics-and-responses/

Did you miss Lee Dohms advice to:

QuoteBe polite

Tut Tut grasshopper.....

Incidentally ( Shows I am bored on a night shift), "the records stuck" featured on Monty Python's "Matching tie and Handkerchief" album- still hilarious over 40 years later.

Now can you PLEASE move away from making slanderous generic comments about forum members to speculating/commenting on the political options available on 8th June here in Hartlepool ( if there are any real options) ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

testing times

Not looking at all good for Labour then. It will be interesting to see how the local CABAL react to this and I can see the Mail turning schizo with a Labour Council and a Tory MP  ;D ;D

Inspector Knacker

Looks like UKIP's undercarriage has collapsed.
They had their chance, but if the evidence of the council chamber is anything to go by it's hardly suriprisng. Rumour has it they don't attend, they just draw their chalk outlines on the council chamber floor in true crime scene tradition.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

not4me

It's as if they had never planned on the referendum going there way. If they had been smarter, they would have broadened their appeal beyond immigration and leaving the EU ........... or maybe they never did have anything else to say. Dead ducks now though.

mk1

Quote from: not4me on May 17, 2017, 12: PM

If they had been smarter, they would have broadened their appeal beyond immigration and leaving the EU ...........

UKIP never had any 'appeal'. Pandering was their game.

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on May 17, 2017, 01: PM
Quote from: not4me on May 17, 2017, 12: PM

If they had been smarter, they would have broadened their appeal beyond immigration and leaving the EU ...........

UKIP never had any 'appeal'. Pandering was their game.

They must have appealed to many- the majority listened to what they said and voted for Brexit. Job done they need to move on as they appear to have nothing else to offer. Unfortunately the political options nationally, now available, are equally unappealing.

Back to the dark ages of the 70s with Citizen Corbyn bending over for the unions and hammering anyone was been forced into self employment ( 26% corporation tax) , more foot stomping (described as negotiating with the EU) and haemorrhaging aid overseas to pay for Pakistans space program from Mother Theresa, let's all hug trees from the Greens and the Libdems opposing Brexit and legalising cannabis ( so we can all chill and not worry about anything?)

Monster raving loony party? You are in with a real chance.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on May 17, 2017, 04: PM

Monster raving loony party?

Better than monster raving loonies  who are one issue obsessives.

May has said she is not going to end Foriegn Aid. Get over it.

Private Eye knows who has the whip hand  in the Brexit negotiations..........

mk1

When I walked past the Labour Office in South Road today the shutters were up and there was a crowd in there. Very unusual. I don't recall seeing it open for months now. Anyway front and centre was Mad Dog. Quite a start to see Beaker giving me the evil eye through the window!