General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl

I tend to agree with MK1 but what options do we have available in the GENERAL election.....the last 3 Labour MPs did nothing for the town and were there just to make up the numbers at Westminster, allowing the lunatics to continue running the Clowncil Asylum.

In particular Shitey an insipid (small) bag of hot air, turning a blind eye to Mrs Scabs sacking and then focusing on the likes of sports direct to try and raise his political profile ( cuban heals would have been easier)  should compel any sane person NOT to vote labour. If labours leaked manifesto is correct Citizen Corbyn is leading his lemmings over a cliff edge.

UKIP have done there job, time to move on, Libdem= give me a break they want to stay in Europe..unless there candidate advises otherwise as per my previous post.. and Mother Theresa, well my thought are known about some of her policies regarding overseas aid= gutless. There are no real alternatives at a national level

In an ideal fantasy world Cwissie should stand for MP= double bubble.... he would get raped at the polls and be off the clowncil reduced to "running" a meals on wheels service......

.........despite her failings, I think the only option is vote Tory to keep labour out and ensure we leave europe as fast as possible.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on May 11, 2017, 03: PM
, Libdem= give me a break they want to stay in Europe..unless there candidate advises otherwise as per my previous post.. and Mother Theresa, well my thought are known about some of her policies regarding overseas aid= gutless. There are no real alternatives at a national level

There is  detailed NE wide polling todays Mail and those who consider Brexit central to their vote are outnumbered by those who dont think it is-by about the same magin as the actual vote.
Brexit is not the only issue and those who obsess about it are in danger of becoming ersatz UKIP and treated with the same contempt.

akarjl

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4491546/Ukip-collapse-sets-scale-Tory-victory-June-8.html

The Poll claims Tory votes will be bolstered by former UKIP voters.....not as a result of voters leaving labour as a result of Labours failings...although poll was carried out before Citizen Corbyn committed political suicide with his 1970s "power to the people" manifesto.

As long as the elected government respects the will of the people and takes us out of Europe,sets about reducing immigration and takes control of our borders that's a positive result for me at a national level- stopping all overseas would be icing on cake, but thats another battle .

Ask yourself would you really want the likes of Diane Abbott representing this country at government level? The woman is a racist ill-informed buffoon.

Hartlepudlion

In an ideal fantasy world Cwissie should stand for MP= double bubble.... he would get raped at the polls and be off the clowncil reduced to "running" a meals on wheels service......

isnt he/she already running a meals on wheels service out My Cafe ?

pensionater

Who's working the % out Dianne Abbott ?.For a start they add up to 101%.

mala

So first test of your approach to politics in Hartlepool....an answer to a simple question

If Libdem is elected as MP for Hartlepool will he support the majority decision made my the people of Hartlepool and support Brexit?

YES

or

NO

Come on Akarjl you must know by now that any true politician does not have yes or no in their vocabulary and are incapable of giving a straight answer and I am afraid the Limp Dumbs under their stupendous leader Dim Tim Farron have not got a hope in hell of doing anything here in Hartlepool

akarjl

Quote from: mala on May 11, 2017, 10: PM
So first test of your approach to politics in Hartlepool....an answer to a simple question

If Libdem is elected as MP for Hartlepool will he support the majority decision made my the people of Hartlepool and support Brexit?

YES

or

NO

Come on Akarjl you must know by now that any true politician does not have yes or no in their vocabulary and are incapable of giving a straight answer and I am afraid the Limp Dumbs under their stupendous leader Dim Tim Farron have not got a hope in hell of doing anything here in Hartlepool

True but thought it was worth a punt....give this new candidate one chance to show he is different and prove his worth. The lack of a response says it all.

Ahhh well back to considering options scratch labour and lib dems...

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on May 11, 2017, 01: PM
Endless moaning here about 'my grandad voted Labour so I will always vote Labour' will not achieve anything.
Really ? In my job I get involved in random conversations with many and varied people on some of the less privileged estates. Politics is a common topic with them and they don't like what they've got, but......l
Not moaning, just a recurrent observation.
However, a popular alternative is the answer, or should that be populist, can do it. However the 'rump' remains and the size of the rump matters.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

AndyHagon

Hi there Akarjl and Mala. Been a bit busy so apologies for the less than prompt response.

I accept the referendum result, but I'm against a hard Brexit. As the MP for Hartlepool, I would vote against a hard Brexit because I think that would be a bad deal. Present me with a good deal for the people of Hartlepool and I'd vote for it. The majority of people in Hartlepool voted to leave but we didn't establish what the ultimate destination would be.
May will be the next PM, with a stronger mandate, and you will get your Hard Brexit. But Brexit is not the only issue in town. Mk1 made a good point about other domestic issues being important too and we shouldn't look at everything through a Brexit prism. When the dust has settled, we will still need to do the day job and your vote will also need to ensure that the MP for Hartlepool also has what it takes to fight for the people of Hartlepool in Westminster (and beyond), as well as work tirelessly in our town and have a positive impact. It's easy for the four of us to say we'll do X, Y and Z, but people will need to decide who they think will actually make the biggest difference on a range of issues.
And overseas aid - again the Lib Dem policy is clear. Dfid isn't perfect, but then what huge organisation is. I've done a fair amount of travelling to some of the world's poorest countries and seen some deeply upsetting sights. Thankfully, our overseas aid has made a big contribution to the well-being of children around the world. A good example of this is over the last 16 years or so 580million vaccinations have been administered to children preventing an estimated 8 million deaths. That's something that we can be really proud of.

fred c

Morning Andy, I can't doubt your passion and commitment to the town and the job, however the mantra trotted out by Farron, Corbyn, Lucas, Sturgeon about a 'Hard Brexit' can only be supposition on their parts at this very early stage of the exit process, the constant innuendos thrown around questioning the intelligence of people who voted leave is grossly insulting.

The spiteful and downright belligerent attitude show by EU negotiators so far is an attempt to bully Britain into a position of supplication, it won't work, in fact it has hardened many peoples attitude to be 'rid of them' look no further than Macron, his already declared anti British stance on us leaving the EU is a view shared by virtually every EU leader..........  I ask myself.......... Why don't they want us to leave

akarjl

Quote from: AndyHagon on May 12, 2017, 08: AM
Hi there Akarjl and Mala. Been a bit busy so apologies for the less than prompt response.

I accept the referendum result, but I'm against a hard Brexit. As the MP for Hartlepool, I would vote against a hard Brexit because I think that would be a bad deal. Present me with a good deal for the people of Hartlepool and I'd vote for it. The majority of people in Hartlepool voted to leave but we didn't establish what the ultimate destination would be.
May will be the next PM, with a stronger mandate, and you will get your Hard Brexit. But Brexit is not the only issue in town. Mk1 made a good point about other domestic issues being important too and we shouldn't look at everything through a Brexit prism. When the dust has settled, we will still need to do the day job and your vote will also need to ensure that the MP for Hartlepool also has what it takes to fight for the people of Hartlepool in Westminster (and beyond), as well as work tirelessly in our town and have a positive impact.

Thanks for response good to know you support Brexit.

Regarding overseas aid i am not saying we should help others but the amount should be drastically reduce and given following an application on a case by case basis. we should not be giving a thing to india or pakistan for example. The bulk of the 13 billion or so should be spent in u.k.

The chinese have stood approach they don't send money...they provide materials and assistance for example building clinks and sewage systems in africa...they supply the expertise and managers instead of handing over a wad of money.

How will you deal with clowncill run by a labour mafia who throw the towns money away?

mk1

Quote from: fred c on May 12, 2017, 08: AM

The spiteful and downright belligerent attitude show by EU negotiators so far is an attempt to bully Britain into a position of supplication

Perish the thought that UK Politicians have ever threatened the EU with anything.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-chancellor-philip-hammond-welt-am-sonntag-uk-tax-haven-europe-a7527961.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/theresa-may-accused-of-threatening-eu-nationals-with-deportation_uk_577a75cde4b0c94608012be9

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3235404/britain-gibraltar-spain-war-brexit/

May's 'Donald Trump' shouty negoitiating will only backfire on her-just like Donlald she talks big but knows she will have to make concessions

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39894119

And upsetting the French has made them really scared of us.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4486670/Migrant-fears-Macron-threatens-scrap-Calais-controls.html

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: AndyHagon on May 12, 2017, 08: AM

May will be the next PM, with a stronger mandate, and you will get your Hard Brexit. But Brexit is not the only issue in town. Mk1 made a good point about other domestic issues being important too and we shouldn't look at everything through a Brexit prism. When the dust has settled, we will still need to do the day job and your vote will also need to ensure that the MP for Hartlepool also has what it takes to fight for the people of Hartlepool in Westminster (and beyond), as well as work tirelessly in our town and have a positive impact. It's easy for the four of us to say we'll do X, Y and Z, but people will need to decide who they think will actually make the biggest difference on a range of issues.
And overseas aid - again the Lib Dem policy is clear. Dfid isn't perfect, but then what huge organisation is. I've done a fair amount of travelling to some of the world's poorest countries and seen some deeply upsetting sights. Thankfully, our overseas aid has made a big contribution to the well-being of children around the world. A good example of this is over the last 16 years or so 580million vaccinations have been administered to children preventing an estimated 8 million deaths. That's something that we can be really proud of.
I'm a selfish voter, what's in it for me. I want change in this town. If you were in with a chance of bringing it about you'd have my vote, but this time it will be dictated who was s running highest in the pools to challenge the incumbent party, UKIP excepted.
Another point, the Liberals have kept a fairly low profile over the years, no more so than some other parties, but you have to be a year round presence making an impact. You should have more of a local presence and be getting your profile raised above the parapet week in week out. Good time to start, but sorry, not this time.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

The UK meets its commitment to the UN of 0.7% of GDP to oversees aid. Not every country does but that doesn't mean we should all sink to the lowest level. I agree we need to be far more picky on how the money is spent and where it goes and maybe the Chinese have the right idea - the Japanese do he same. In the UK, foreign aid is used too often to lubricate potential arms deals and other commercial considerations in a process which used to called bribery.

Redirect the same money internally and you'll find it going to the likes of Cranney and his various, never-ending schemes.

When the effectiveness of the Holiday Hunger money scheme of last year was reviewed, the Foodbank said that they weren't convinced that the benefit had gone to the right people. The result? - the Foodbank was cut out of this year's scheme altogether, the amount of money was increased and now ALL of it goes to organisations like OFCA and no doubt SAB's new Cafe venture in Masefield Road.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.