General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

"I think we have a great chance of winning the seat this time and I have an amazing team working with me," said Mr Broughton, who is a supermarket checkout assistant in Hartlepool and owns a property there."

This is not good. Mr Broughton needs to be challenged on both counts. As I understand it, he rented a flat at Navigation Point during the last election but gave it up soon afterwards. I'm told he lives in Ingleby Barwick.

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/former-wrestler-veteran-councillor-join-13007817
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Tory lead in Hartlepool has risen to a predicted 3.3% after the local elections last week and the collapse of the UKIP vote.

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

Quote from: steveL on May 10, 2017, 10: AM
Tory lead in Hartlepool has risen to a predicted 3.3% after the local elections last week and the collapse of the UKIP vote.

Who would have thought it? Strange times indeed but if the poll proves correct, I am absolutely certain it will mark the end of Christopher and his little cohort and he will be forever known as the man who lost Hartlepool for Labour.
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

The Great Dictator

It would be funny wouldn't it, to see Corbyn's local half wits with egg on their faces  :D

Land Phil

I should be voting JC but I just can't bring myself to do so in Hartlepool.

The best I can do is a spoilt vote, at worst a protest vote against Labour.

It is a hopeless situation in my eyes and I blame Iain Wright and the council SCAB-tel for it 100%

We have some darkness ahead no matter what happens.

fred c

I have to be honest, I would sooner sever my 'member' than vote Tory, but I really have had enough of the what passes for Labour in Hartlepool and what they have done to the town.... so like an awful lot of people I am putting National political issues on the back burner on June 8th.........besides..... I don't use it much nowadays  :D :D :D

lynda

Lol Fred, theres enough knobs in this town anyways. Tory for me too  :)

admin

Quote from: fred c on May 10, 2017, 07: PM
I have to be honest, I would sooner sever my 'member' than vote Tory, but I really have had enough of the what passes for Labour in Hartlepool and what they have done to the town.... so like an awful lot of people I am putting National political issues on the back burner on June 8th.........besides..... I don't use it much nowadays  :D :D :D

too much info . . :-\

steveL

I've never voted Tory in my life but I'm convinced 5 years as a non-Labour, Tory seat will do the town a power of good and give Labour 5 years to sort out the Kremlin. The boil needs to be lanced.

HarmonyPeace

Yes the boil needs to be lanced SteveL but we need an MP who knows the town well and what is happening here and wants to do something about it. The Lib Dem candidate Andy Hagon is that person, the Lib Dems were once great in this town and could be again given the opportunity and support.

akarjl

Not a viable choice as they want us to stay in europe....

fred c

Labour have Corbyn..... The Lib Dems have Farron..... given that 69.5% of the electorate in Hartlepool voted to leave the EU, the Lib Dems have no viable support base in the town.

akarjl

That would be my logic too Fred. Then again you just never know what's happening behind the scenes....last minute promises...palms greased etc?

Inspector Knacker

I can still see the Conservative /UKIP vote splitting and letting Labour in.
However, the Corbyn factor seems like a re-run of the Foot fiasco.
Don't underestimate the ability if the Hartlepool electorate to do something totally illogical.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.