General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh

Quote from: steveL on April 26, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: Steely Dan on April 26, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 25, 2017, 10: PM

I would vote Tory if i thought they could win Hartlepool but they can't.

UKIP can with some luck so i will vote tactically for them regardless of the candidate.

If they win it will make life difficult for Labour in council.

Even Tories won't vote Tory. Class.

Watching Newsnight last night saying the Tories are expected to pick up 12 seats in Wales, a traditional Labour stronghold - even Labour voters won't vote Labour apparently.
In Scotland aren't they also expecting to pick up at least 10 seats from the SNP?

Steely Dan

Quote from: steveL on April 26, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: Steely Dan on April 26, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 25, 2017, 10: PM

I would vote Tory if i thought they could win Hartlepool but they can't.

UKIP can with some luck so i will vote tactically for them regardless of the candidate.

If they win it will make life difficult for Labour in council.

Even Tories won't vote Tory. Class.

Watching Newsnight last night saying the Tories are expected to pick up 12 seats in Wales, a traditional Labour stronghold - even Labour voters won't vote Labour apparently.

You don't seriously believe that Steve? The Tories won't win ANY seats in Wales. Happy to put money on that bet if you fancy ;-)

Inspector Knacker

Well you would say that wouldn't you.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Exiled Poolie

[Watching Newsnight last night saying the Tories are expected to pick up 12 seats in Wales, a traditional Labour stronghold - even Labour voters won't vote Labour apparently.
[/quote]

You don't seriously believe that Steve? The Tories won't win ANY seats in Wales. Happy to put money on that bet if you fancy ;-)
[/quote]

Well as the Tories already hold 11 of the 40 seats and there has been a clear upward trend in numbers in those voting for the party since 2010, I think its pretty nailed on that the number will increase. With Corbyn being an electoral liability except amongst his rabid followers and the majority Leave vote pretty much guarntees an increase of more than just one or two.

steveL

I'm just going by the polls and on the comments from ex Labour voters that were interviewed on the streets in Wales. Most people don't think too much about these things.......they look at Corbyn; they look at May and that's about it. Better face it mate - beyond the party zealots, Corbyn is regarded as something of an embarrassment.....might be a nice bloke but a leader of the nation he is not.

He reminds me of the group of lefties running the Students Union at UNI who were forever predicting that the revolution was just around the corner.

Labour have made the mistake of believing that the thoughts of their most active and vocal party members are a true reflection of the thoughts of the millions of people who would normally vote for them.

Did you know that one of the weekend polls showed more people trusted May with the NHS than they did Corbyn?....that's how f**c*** up Labour is at the moment.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Looks like someone is getting ready to throw his toys out of the pram . . . anyone know where Hartelpool is? . . . is it anywhere near Bishop Auckland?

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

for fawkes sake

I was always taught never to end a sentence with a preposition. ::)
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."

Land Phil

Man who votes as directed by the SCABs Cranney, etc. says what about honesty and integrity ?

He obviously doesn't understand what credibility is.

fred c

Quote from: Land Phil on April 26, 2017, 02: PM
Man who votes as directed by the SCABs Cranney, etc. says what about honesty and integrity ?

He obviously doesn't understand what credibility is.

What are the attributes required of an MP by this partuicular councillor....... I only ask because it is patently obvious that he must be at ease with the qualities of his fellow labour councillor S Akers Belcher.

The fact he told a shed load of Porkies to his employer and a tribunal judge doesn't appear to have affected his integrity...... it it had..... he would have called for an inquiry into Lying Ste's behaviour.

Funny thing this Integrity and Honesty malarkey......int it.

The Great Dictator

Tories are ahead in the Hartlepool, i might have to switch allegiance  ;D

Steely Dan

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 27, 2017, 02: AM

Bollocks.

According to who?

How can this possibly carry any weight when we have no idea who the candidates are?

steveL

If the UKIP vote collapses in Hartlepool and they switch to the Tories then Labour are in deep trouble in the town.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 27, 2017, 07: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 27, 2017, 02: AM

Bollocks.

According to who?

How can this possibly carry any weight when we have no idea who the candidates are?
The candidates are an irrelevance. Though there are some who could lose it for Laboiur in an instant if unleashed, but as a party member you'd feel duty bound to endorse it I'm sure.
The leader will lose it for Labour, like Michael Foot did.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl

I would imagine no matter who is up for labour because of their "leader" they have no chance.

The Great Dictator