General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig finton

All Labour want to do is expand the empires of their paymasters Unison and Unite. Why doesn't Steely explain why we're still waiting for the investigation into SAB' lies, that party's reluctance to support those people paid less than the minimum wage by a Labour councillor and still waiting for their compensation?

Let's hear him defend CAB's attempt to blame the Charity Commission  for Wilcox's fraud

but no, he'd rather move on, forget all about it and just wants us to vote for more of the same

Inspector Knacker

When a member of a party asks you to vote for their party you never take it seriously, because that's what they do.
Apparently we're going to change things by changing nothing.
There is an element of forget the past, dig a hole, bury it, and we'll walk into sunlit uplands together. Er, no, it doesn't work like that.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Steely Dan

Quote from: mk1 on April 25, 2017, 05: PM
Quote from: Steely Dan on April 25, 2017, 05: PM

You don't want a Tory MP or a UKIP one do you?

Sometimes a body part is so infected that it needs to be amputated.

So you'd be happy to see a Tory or UKIP MP in Hartlepool?

mk1

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 25, 2017, 07: PM

I would be indifferent because no matter who our MP is the situation will not change. We had Madelson and no one was closer to the levers of power than him and  his legacy to the town is the SCABs.
A Labour MP under a Tory Administration can accomplish nothing for the town. Labour MPs under Labour Governments accomplished nothing for the town. You can huff and puff about 'mighta/coulda/will have' all you want but at the end of the day Labour or Tory MP means nothing for the town.
If you want the brutal truth West Hartlepool only came into being to ship coal and when the coal went the town was over-populated v the number of jobs available. Until such time as the town shrinks to match the job-pool then it will always be deprived. The decline stated after WW1 so it has not been solved in the last 100 years.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 25, 2017, 07: PM
Quote from: mk1 on April 25, 2017, 05: PM
Quote from: Steely Dan on April 25, 2017, 05: PM

You don't want a Tory MP or a UKIP one do you?

Sometimes a body part is so infected that it needs to be amputated.

Whoever people vote for will indicate they're happy with their choice.
You appear to be labouring under the misapprehension you have found the shining path to enlightenment, oblivious to others choices and struggling to cope with the fact that others may hold alternative views to yours. A bit like religion.

norfolkngoode

Quote from: steveL on April 25, 2017, 06: PM
QuoteHartlepool desperately needs a Labour MP

In case you haven't noticed, we've had a Labour MP for the past 53 years and a Labour MP AND Labour Government for 24 of them.
The only major change anyone can point to in those 53 years is the development of the Marina which came as the result of a Tory initiative - how ironic is that?

Labour's one achievement has been to embed benefit dependency into the culture of the town in the self-focused believe that people on benefits will always vote Labour.

The very LAST thing this town needs is another silent, careerist Labour MP who puts party before wrong and right because nothing will ever improve until Hartlepool becomes a town all of the parties have to fight for to win i.e. a marginal seat.

Well said Steve,
The very last thing this town needs is a another Labour MP. Even with Mandy as MP, Bliar as PM, and the entire North East was awash with government ministers they did absolutely nowt for the area........ We shouldn't forget that they are directly responsible for the General Hospital fiasco..... That in itself is reason enough for me not to vote for them. I don't care if they parachute in a big name either, I will still vote for whoever I think has the best chance of stopping them. Simple as that.

'They don't like it up em'

steveL

Another one to throw into the pot. The town has never been so popular. I wonder if Cranney will include these guys in his 'visitors to the town' stats.

http://www.eurolabour.org.uk/paul-brannen-mep
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

The Great Dictator

I would vote Tory if i thought they could win Hartlepool but they can't.

UKIP can with some luck so i will vote tactically for them regardless of the candidate.

If they win it will make life difficult for Labour in council.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: steveL on April 25, 2017, 10: PM
Another one to throw into the pot. The town has never been so popular. I wonder if Cranney will include these guys in his 'visitors to the town' stats.

Well, I've read his CV and have to ask the question what does he actually do? He looks a bit 'other worldly,' a passenger on the Public sector express who appears to do a lot of pontificating and to cap it all does  God. No thanks, sounds like hot air and promises and we have that in gushing abundance in Fawlty Towers.

Steely Dan

Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 25, 2017, 10: PM

UKIP can with some luck so i will vote tactically for them regardless of the candidate.

Even Tories won't vote Tory. Class.

Inspector Knacker

Or Labour it would appear.

fred c

This one would get on like a church on fire with the chief exec.

Inspector Knacker

We've had Labour MP's for over fifty years. In that time, if we were to gain any benefit it would surely have been under Mandelsons time as  MP as a top minister under Blair. However, was it just a case of a seat so safe you can do the day job in London and the locals won't kick off?
Other than that, nothing much happened down the years, votes in the bag and the locals slavishly compliant, a bit like Pyongyang without the chic. Our reward, a town of diminishing returns where meaningful jobs, facilitities and services are salami sliced away to the stage where the town is becoming a glorified large housing estate. At present we have a Labour MP, a Labour Council and possibly a Labour regional Mayor and stagnation.
We need change just to shatter the the complacency.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: fred c on April 26, 2017, 07: AM

This one would get on like a church on fire with the chief exec.
The second coming?

steveL

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 26, 2017, 06: AM
Quote from: The Great Dictator on April 25, 2017, 10: PM

Even Tories won't vote Tory. Class.

Watching Newsnight last night saying the Tories are expected to pick up 12 seats in Wales, a traditional Labour stronghold - even Labour voters won't vote Labour apparently.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.