General Election 2017

Started by steveL, April 19, 2017, 09: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl

Quote from: mk1 on April 23, 2017, 06: PM
Quote from: akarjl on April 23, 2017, 05: AM

The point being?

The paper that best reflects your 'immigrant-obsessed' world-view has been declared a work of (mostly) fiction.

Actually I do not have much faith in any of the mainstream media.....my views are based on my experiences travelling the world observing how things are and how other countries attempt to deal with their problems.......again you play the "racism card".....I believe we should be looking after ourselves before we try and fix the rest of the worlds problems....your continued obsession with any form of perceived racism is very odd.

akarjl

Quote from: akarjl on April 23, 2017, 06: PM

Trannie (sic) Krankeys(sic)

The Krankies are two people and it is a proper name. If you had just made the two words rhyme you would have got the spelling  'rite'  but only for one word-the other word is a spelling mistake as well!

Please don't tell me you are related to them and are offended?  :)

akarjl

Quote from: akarjl on April 23, 2017, 05: PM

It will never happen I can hear some here muttering ...BUT.....Brexit yes......Trump in....Early  General Election.........never say never

Just look at today's right-wing rags. They are in overdrive mode talking-up the French Right and Sunday Mail at least predicting her 'win'.

Wonderful to listen to old clips of May telling the SNP now was not the time to force any more elections/votes...........................

Oh dear

http://news.sky.com/story/french-election-emmanuel-macron-win-projected-10848192

Hate to say it but.....er......I told you so.

Le Penn through to second phase.

Looks like Britain is not the only country where a large section of the electorate are tired of the antics of the EU and lack of action against religious extremist nutters.

Oddly no mention of skin tone or ocular anomalies  :)

mk1

I have no idea where you have been for the last year but The far right was always going to be No 2 in the first round. Been predicted for months.
The same predictions are clear that in a 2 horse run-off that the right are going to come second.
Both mainstream parties (who got just under 40% of the vote between them)  have told their voters to back the man who said:

"In your name, I will be... the voice of hope for our country and for Europe."

"I want to be the president of the patriots against the threat of nationalists,"

Example:
Round 1.  Labour Tories  UKIP and Libs get  30-27-15-21% of the vote,

Round 2.  Labour-Tories running it is fairly certain Labour will get all the Lib votes.

mk1

As I was leafing through The Sunday Mail my eye was caught by this Anti-EU propaganda piece:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-4435620/Euro-facing-knockout-blow-France-heads-polls.html

Just 24 hours later the article is shown to be..........merde!

akarjl

Why do you bother actually reading the Mail? Everyone knows it is a comic.....try viz.

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Labour nomination is likely to go to Mike Hill (UNISON bloke and Corbynite who stood in Richmond in 2015).  Second places go (very closely) to Alan Clarke AND Robbie Payne. I heard the selection committee nodded off while Clarke was speaking otherwise he might have been in with a chance.

All yet to be confirmed.

https://richmondnoticeboard.com/2015/04/12/what-election-candidate-mike-hill-labour-says-to-constituents/

https://twitter.com/hill_mrh?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

not4me

After listening to Corbyn yesterday, it looks like Labour are now nothing more than the political wing of UNITE AND Unison.

akarjl

I assume Mike whoever he is does not live in the town......time for Hangus to stand!

Steely Dan

Quote from: akarjl on April 25, 2017, 12: PM
I assume Mike whoever he is does not live in the town......time for Hangus to stand!

What an utterly ridiculous comment.

Wright lived in the town and was useless. The Belchers live in town and they're a disgrace. If this is our man I'm sure he'll move to the town after he wins.

As long as our MP is good does it matter?

Land Phil

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 25, 2017, 01: PM

Wright lived in the town and was useless. The Belchers live in town and they're a disgrace. If this is our man I'm sure he'll move to the town after he wins.

Perfect logic but voters don't follow logic do they.

If a half reputable local was to stand, I might not agree with them being the best candidate but I would still put a fiver on them at the bookies.

akarjl

Quote from: Steely Dan on April 25, 2017, 01: PM

That's you opinion i don't want some career politician being parachuted in to what is perceived to be a safe seat....which it's not

Shitey was always in it for his own ego and empire building . Fingers crossed one of the belcher bimbos is daft enough to stand.

That would guarantee they loose the seat and if they won could you imagine lying steve gibbering in parliament.

i think if you are going to stand for parliament you should have lived in constituency for at least 6 months. It should be the same with councillors.
We will end up with a few wannabes promising the earth and doing nothing.......voting slip will be used to ensure labour do not get in.

Shepherd

Quote from: steveL on April 25, 2017, 11: AM
Labour nomination is likely to go to Mike Hill (UNISON bloke and Corbynite who stood in Richmond in 2015). 

Shepherd

Hill is another Carpetbagger looking for a safe seat, anywhere.

I do not think he will find the town that safe anymore.

I agree with Land Phil, anyone local with a bit of gravitas has to have a good chance if they stand.

Corbyn is heading for the wilderness pedal to the metal.
Fantasist Nuttal is following as quickly as he can, judging from his perforemance on the news last night which was simply embarrassing.
May just tells lies and is in pursuit of a future and a society that I think will be most unpleasant unless you are wealthy and it will be goodbye NHS with her and Hunt running it down.
Farron keeps shooting himself in the foot because of his condemnatory (un)christian views.

Jonathan Brash or a spoiled paper "none of the above"