By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

If anyone in Seaton receives one of Sue Little's famous 'sorry I missed you' postcards, I wouldn't take it too seriously. Yesterday it transpired that it was her hubby who was out delivering the cards straight through the letterbox.

Several people have e-mailed The Post to say that they're sorry they missed you too, Sue .
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: fred c on September 26, 2017, 01: PM
Quote from: craig finton on September 26, 2017, 10: AM
Anyone seen this?

Labour trying to win votes for Ann Marshall by distancing her from Calamity Chris and his mates and claiming independence from the labour group.

Following the example of the towns 'Member' perhaps  :)

Actually, I think I can add a bit to that. The 'some of which had previously supported PHF' is a reference to Graeme Measor who stood as a PHF candidate in Seaton way-back and who went on to support UKIP's Darren Price last time around in Foggy Furze.

At the moment, he's a fan of Jeremy Corbyn but if he runs true to form, it's possible that his application to join the Conservative Party is already in the post.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Ann Marshall is Marjorie's best mate and has been for many years. They were like Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee when Ann was last a councillor (for Rossmere, I think). The only real difference is that Ann never said a word in the council chamber while Marj wouldn't shut up.

Ann is now claiming on Facebook that she will fight against the Parking Charges that her best pal, Marjorie introduced.

mk1

Ann was also 'best friends' with another  Labour Hero..............

Lord Elpus

I idea that Ann Marshall would stand up to Labour group leaders is a joke.

She has always been a yes woman happy to ride on others coat tails.  As has already been mentioned she was Mad Dogs 'hand rag' for years and employed by either OFCA or Manor Res (or both).

She always knew what side her bread was buttered and in my opinion only ever looked after number one.

Her lowest moment must have been encouraging her hubby John Marshall to stand on the Headland, trading on the reputaion of the original John Marshall.

She never struck me as being too bright either

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on September 26, 2017, 04: PM

Her lowest moment must have been encouraging her hubby John Marshall to stand on the Headland, trading on the reputaion of the original John Marshall.

She never struck me as being too bright either

This is the  incident where Labour ran a Councillor with the same name as an Independent and deliberately did not send a photo of the Labour  candidate to confuse the voters.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/a-councillor-by-any-other-name-1-1002351

Note Brash is 100% behind the  scam but this was before he left Labour and became 'our' bastard so I suppose he is forgiven.

Lord Elpus

I see CAB was out helping Ann Marshall in Seaton Carew yesterday, that's her well and truley stuffed then

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on September 26, 2017, 02: PM

that's a scene from Macbeth  ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on October 04, 2017, 08: AM
Quote from: mk1 on September 26, 2017, 02: PM

that's a scene from Macbeth  ;D ;D ;D
Or McDonald's....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

steveL

The newly formed Seaton Labour Branch is made up largely of post-puberty Corbynites of the 'Power By Any Means' variety and while its just possible to forgive their naivety, it's not possible to forgive their ignorance. These are the people that Ann Marshall refers to when she says that she was selected by 'Seaton Residents.'

Such is their level of ignorance, that according to one of their more indiscreet members, they had selected Ann Marshall as their candidate completely unaware that she had previously been a Labour Councillor for Rossmere; somehow, Ann Herself failed to mention it during her interview. It was only when Ann started putting her campaign material together, complete with its wild claims of her achievements in Rossmere, that they finally realised who they had selected.

As if recognising the toxicity of the Akers-Belcher brand, they had wanted someone who had the same low opinion of the Akers-Belcher's as themselves which you must admit, is a very strange approach. Somehow Ann convinced them that she was fully on-board with that despite the fact that as a Rossmere Councillor for 8 years, she had never gone against the Party Leader or Party Whip once.

All of which makes her public stance against the parking charges laughable. 'Campaigning against the parking charges' as she has pledged to do would mean going against her best pal, Marjorie James AND the party whip. This would mean certain disciplinary action and running the risk of being thrown out of the group.

The chance of Ann Marshall risking that and, at the same time, a useful £7,000 supplement to her income is precisely zero.

There is additional irony here for the other candidate that they interviewed was none other than Codhead-in-Chief, Jim Ainslie who at least could claim genuine hatred for the Akers-Belchers especially after they deliberately wrecked his chances of re-election in Headland and Harbour.

DRiddle

I can believe all of that Steve. It was always my concern that the people who have recently tried to 'take down Labour from within' via the selection process etc. were being very naive.

They've obviously failed to realise they'll simply be presented with 'turd (a)' or 'turd (b)', with the occasional option of 'turd (c)'.

Inspector Knacker

Is her 'campaigning against the parking charges'  just one of those cynical lines they keep banging out in the belated hope some half wits haven't realised it was her chums who brought the charges in in the first place and vote for her?
The is more chance of penguin organising an orgy in the council chamber than of any of the docile worker ants making a stand against the leaders of the pack.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/new-art-set-to-make-waves-on-seafront-1-8788308

Look how the Lab-Cons are further shafting Seaton residents by allowing big fairground rides to operate until 8pm every day.

They then have the audacity after knocking down all the community facilities and selling the land for a song to build houses to say there is little for teeenagers to do.

If that isn't the definition of spite I don't know what is.
I don't believe it.

steveL

This is a new one from Ann Marshall who claims something called 'special dispensation' gets her passed the Akers_Belchers, Marjorie and the Party Whip. I wonder why Ged Hall, Jonathan Brash and Pam Hargreaves hadn't heard of this before they were hounded out of the Labour Group?

fred c

Quote from: steveL on October 05, 2017, 03: PM
This is a new one from Ann Marshall who claims something called 'special dispensation' gets her passed the Akers_Belchers, Marjorie and the Party Whip. I wonder why Ged Hall, Jonathan Brash and Pam Hargreaves hadn't heard of this before they were hounded out of the Labour Group?

I noticed that comment half an hour ago, but I was interrupted before I could post it here.............really, just how dull can this woman be, of course there can be special dispensation they have a massive coalition majority, so a 'Special Dispensation' is merely another Rifty Fun Day or Manor Waste Collection election ploy.

Would there be a special dispensation if a change in the constitution or an increase in council tax was the motion before council.......... absolutely no way, she would jump on the shovel when CAB shouts s**t like the rest of them.

How long was she a councillor and how many times did she vote against the Labour 'Whip'.......... as a matter of interest, was she per-chance a councillor during the period of the Manor Residents scandal ? I can't remember any labour councillor offering condemnation of any sort about that, rather the opposite, they were all incapable of seeing the wood for the trees.