By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devils advocate

Even if the Lab/Con coalition had joined forces in this election they would of still only have had 455 votes and still LOST.

Has there been a new planet found somewhere in a solar system as these fools would seem to be living in some kind of parallel universe.

The Clangers and the Soup Dragon spring to mind.

Stig of the Seaton Dump

Quote from: mk1 on October 20, 2017, 11: AM
Anyone still doubt  the Tories & Labour were working together?

The phrases that begin thick as ... come to mind.

How sewer dwellers can talk about gutter politics with a straight face is beyond me.

The Victoria ward by election is going to be more challenging IMHO but with the effort of fighting.
I don't believe it.

DRiddle

I think they must be living in some sort of parallel universe if they think we fought dirty. We consciously opted not to. Look at their election leaflets compared to ours. PHF focussed on what they COULD do and how they would try to help. Labour and the Tories focussed on PHF and why we apparently CAN'T do anything.

A protest party? lol. I'll say it again, they're obviously completely oblivious to the history of their own party. The fact is Putting Hartlepool First have now won 8 council seats in Hartlepool since it's formation. The Tories haven't won anything outside of Rural West since Carl had a proper job.

Labour at local level are now so toxic in certain wards they can throw the full weight of everything they've got at a seat and still be humiliated quite easily.

I expect they'll learn lessons from this for the Victoria Ward by-election. The first lesson being not to let Marjorie James anywhere near the campaign management.

They're very sore losers aren't they? 

DRiddle

Besides, we're saving our dirty tactics from Carl in 2018.  ;)

Lord Elpus

Quote from: DRiddle on October 20, 2017, 12: PM
Besides, we're saving our dirty tactics from Carl in 2018.  ;)

Bugger the athritis, I'll be out working when Carl Richardson is up, I might even treat myself to a new pair of trainers to aid delivery.

If UKIP stood down from that ward it would really screw Carlos, the man who voted for the 31% increase.

steveL

PHF aren't putting a candidate up in next month's Victoria by-election. Unfortunate timing is the main reason with the candidate having just taken on a foster kid but we're also saving resources for Carl in May 2018. We plan on giving him much more free-time so he can finally finish that investigation he promised into SAB's behaviour.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Quote from: Devils advocate on October 20, 2017, 12: PM

Has there been a new planet found somewhere in a solar system as these fools would seem to be living in some kind of parallel universe.

I feel sorry for the youngsters. The old hands know that you can lose as well as win. The new influx are totally oblivious to the fact that anyone could take issue with their politics. They genuinely believe they just have to show up and everyone will vote for them. They really really believed they were going to walk it in Seaton and the scale of their defeat has taken the wind out of their sails. They won't be so cocky next time around.
You have to laugh at the pic of CAB and Mad Dog at the count.  Mad Dogs face  looks like she really is chewing a wasp. Smacked ar*se does not even come close to portraying the anger within. A lugubriously addlepated splenetic harridan.

mk1

Quote from: Lord Elpus on October 20, 2017, 12: PM

Bugger the athritis, I'll be out working when Carl Richardson is up, I might even treat myself to a new pair of trainers to aid delivery.

Don't you remember the Labour Councillor who was out delivering leaflets at the last full election and yet suddenly became practically bedridden when a brand new bungalow was up for grabs a few weeks later?
She got it on 'medical' grounds and spent a few weeks hobbling about until she thought no one would remember and she started sprinting to Greggs again.

She found a 'miracle cure' I am sure she would share it with you.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: mk1 on October 20, 2017, 12: PM
A lugubriously addlepated splenetic harridan.

A description worthy of Shakespeare ...

Nice

I had to google the middle 3 words :-)

Paul Thompson

The level of contempt that certain people are now aiming towards the electorate in Seaton is quite frankly, astonishing.

I have today read, from both candidates and their supporters, some pretty vile stuff.  One even choosing to call the voters 'Thick'.

That is not a very wise thing to do at all.  The electorate have decided and that's that !

It would be a shame is someone is screen-shotting all of these comments and keeping them for next time any of them raise their heads again  ;)

kevplumb

Quote from: DRiddleThe Tories haven't won anything outside of Rural West since Carl had a proper job.
Christ ! you must have a bl**dy good memory  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 20, 2017, 01: PM
A description worthy of Shakespeare ...

He does  feature Marj in one of his plays wot he wrote. She was in a previous incarnation and called Hecate.

Devils advocate

Quote from: mk1 on October 20, 2017, 12: PM

You have to laugh at the pic of CAB and Mad Dog at the count.  Mad Dogs face  looks like she really is chewing a wasp. Smacked ar*se does not even come close to portraying the anger within. A lugubriously addlepated splenetic harridan.

It made my day seeing said picture, she is one vile specimen. I usually try and skip past any photos of mad dog but that one will cheer me up no end when i feel down.

fred c

Quote from: Stig of the Seaton Dump on October 20, 2017, 12: PM
Quote from: mk1 on October 20, 2017, 11: AM
Anyone still doubt  the Tories & Labour were working together?

The phrases that begin thick as ... come to mind.

How sewer dwellers can talk about gutter politics with a straight face is beyond me.

The Victoria ward by election is going to be more challenging IMHO but with the effort of fighting.

Ann Marshall has obviously lost touch with reality......"Gutter Politics from a Protest Party"..... "Petty and Undignified"

Can I remind her that it was her party that had Mad Dog and Carl (the man in the threadbare suit) Richardson sitting inside the polling stations, despite strict instructions from the Monitoring Officer....... hopefully someone has requested that he involves the police about their antics.

Then you take a look back on their election leaflets....... Hans Christian Anderson comes to mind, did they think the residents of Seaton would fall for that load of tripe, she had such a fantastic record when she was the councillor in the Fens, they binned her...... several times.

As for the Tory....... talk about a "Protest Party"........The Tory party are supposed to be "The Protest Party" in Hartlepool....that is total B****x.

They are living in a different dimension to the rest of us.... DOHHHHHHHH