By-Election

Started by admin, September 12, 2017, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Thompson

Yes, they have people sat outside today asking for your Electoral Register number.  They will use it later to harass those who have not voted yet to get out and vote Labour.  They are already promoting free lifts to vote if you need it.

I think the guy outside Seaton Library was slightly taken back by my 'curt' reply when he approached me :) 

Paul Thompson

BTW - I posted this earlier today.  Thought you all may be interested....

Just a thought - please feel free to share.......

A quick look at the HBC election results over the last 5 years, tells you a few little facts about some of today's election candidates:

Sue Little - Rejected by Seaton residents at the 2014, 2015 and 2016 local elections.

Mike Young - Rejected by Seaton residents at the 2015 and 2016 local elections.

Ann Marshall - Lost her seat as a Fens and Rossmere Councillor in 2012 (why if she was as effective as her election materials suggest??), rejected by Seaton Residents in the 2012 by-election, then again rejected by Fens and Rossmere residents in 2013 and 2016. Again, why would the residents of Fens and Rossmere reject someone, THREE TIMES, who claims to have been such a wonderful advocate for their ward.

The residents of Seaton are astute and can see through the falsehoods that have been spun during this election campaign by all three of the above plus the 'typical' UKIP candidate.

I have voted for Leisa Smith - Putting Seaton First today as the only credible candidate who will stand up for Seaton and ensure that we continue to have a strong voice.

The Great Dictator

If you vote Labour you will give more power to the existing bunch, make my day punk.

fred c

Ann Marshall..... the New, New Labour face in Seaton........ new Face  Hartlepool labour, my a**e......look at who backs her and it takes about a nano second to work out she would do exactly what the rest of them do......... say Aye on CABS nod

Nice

Marshall and CAB were canvassing Glentower Grove as I drove home the other day . Weekend before last  SAB was doing the rounds with her . If ever a reason or 2 not to vote Labour....

steveL

Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

kevplumb

young riddle has posted a pic on FB of mad dog sat inside the polling station right against the door  >:(
see if I can post it

so much for devlin  :D :D :D

the gets think they are above mere rules  >:(
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

fred c

Quote from Peter Devlins Re.Tellers letter.

"Tellers are required to follow the instructions of the Returning Officer. A failure to do so will lead to Police involvement, although, I would trust that this will not be required"

If this is the case, Mr Devlin should report any persons involved in the breaching of those directives to the police, there appears to be photographic evidence, at least in the case of Clr James for him to do just that.

One thing is for sure, he would only need to involve the police once to stop any furthers breaches of Electoral Guidelines in elections to come, if any of the candidates expressed an objection to the Returning Officer, surely he would be duty bound to involve the police ?

Paul Thompson

Congratulations to Seaton's newest Councillor, CLLR LEISA SMITH !!!!!!

I am sure that the chaps on a certain facebook forum will be spitting feathers now !

crisstw

BresslawoffoftheBunker

Great result.  Well done my mate. Which Facebook group

steveL

Labour all but wiped out in spite of running one of the dirtiest campaigns ever.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

Quote from: BresslawoffoftheBunker on October 19, 2017, 11: PM
Great result.  Well done my mate. Which Facebook group

The one we're all banned from.....  ;D ;D

steveL

marky

899 Independent votes to 275 Labour. A smack in the mouth I'd call that.