Labour HOLD Manor House

Started by steveL, July 09, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clavering codhead

Nice photo of fat SAB and mad dog holding a red faced Barclay up in the mail, cant believe how big the mayor is these days he is starting to make Richardson look lithe, full quota of idiots and hangers on in the back ground.
I've cut it out to keep the kids away from the fire.

steveL

CAB describes the result, in Labour's strongest ward, as 'incredible' (i.e. beyond belief). Do I detect some acknowledgement there of Labour's total complicity in the biggest scandal to hit the town in years.

To paraphrase, "It's incredible. We Labour Councillors have not only got away with fiddling our accounts, paying our own staff less than the minimum wage, running away from our responsibilities to put things right, conspiring with a known dishonest woman to try and stop the victims of our crimes receiving their due compensation, lying in court under oath, leeching off millions of pounds of public money to pay ourselves inflated salaries, holidays in the Bahamas, 50" 3D Flat Screen TVs - and the silly buggers STILL voted for us. In fact, they voted for that drunken sod lying on the floor over there. It really is incredible, don't you think, deary?"

Yup, we certainly do.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Missy K

Quote from: steveL on August 16, 2013, 02: PM
There's a comment on The Mail site saying 'Well done PHF - You got rid of Wilcox and gave us someone worse'

You can't really argue with that sort of logic.

Hi steveL, I dont think the new Councilor has half the track record of AW or the amount of lost respect amongst the Labour voters, however time will tell. One thing is for sure if Alan Barclay rests on his laurels then PHF will succeed next time around.   

ARC86

It wasn't even close, but i expected that when all we've had on here is PHF arguing with Shane over an election leaflet

So we have got the PHF members spinning this like a good one. They correctly state that almost 9 out of 10 people didnt vote Labour.. well 9 out of 10 people didnt vote PHF either!

CAB calls this an incredible result and he is spot on.. Labour in this town are at their lowest ebb for years (if you believe what is posted on here) and the scandal of MRA dragged them into the gutter.. fact is, if you cant unseat what you believe to be the most unpopular party in town what chance for next year? Labour is obviously connecting with the electorate and getting there message across which PHF are unable to do

i've been banging on for months about voter apathy with politics, unless PHF can find a way to connect with the electorate and do some more ground work im afraid there is no chance of unseating the incumbent next year.. What PHF need to realise next time they put a candidate up on the Manor is they are going to need to triple their core vote to even have a chance of winning.. in 9 months that ain't gonna happen.. i'd suggest turning your attention elsewhere.

Finally, calling the electorate dumb because of their voting intention is not likely to help your cause!

steveL

Quote from: Missy K on August 16, 2013, 03: PM
There's a comment on The Mail site saying 'Well done PHF - You got rid of Wilcox and gave us someone worse'

Hi steveL, I dont think the new Councilor has half the track record of AW or the amount of lost respect amongst the Labour voters, however time will tell. One thing is for sure if Alan Barclay rests on his laurels then PHF will succeed next time around.   

Barclay will rest on his laurels but it won't make any difference. Frankly, Missy, even if Wilcox had still been the candidate, she would still have been re-elected. 
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

steveL

@arc86 The difference is that members of PHF are actually bothered by the low 15% turnout because it shows that so many people in Manor don't believe that they can use the ballot box to control a large part of their lives.

I'm absolutely certain that Labour couldn't give a toss about how low the turnout gets just as long as they win and their snouts can stay firmly in the trough.....I would agree that PHF aren't connecting with people but I don't believe Labour are connecting with anyone either, they are relying on habit which this time has worked for them. I see this more as a PHF failure than a Labour success.

The Great Dictator

not4me

there's no hope for them....it must be genetic....

grim reaper

Know what I think?...well here it is anyway....'the manor' is well known for drugs, illegally imported cigarettes, knocked off items etc. etc. etc.
If you want something, 'the manor' can supply it.

It is my contention that a lot of the voters for Barclay, and indeed, Wilcox before him, couldn't give a sh*t about MRA and the 'fiddles'. It's part of the culture....innit?

The people that are allegedly buying the items from MRA at knock-down prices are the same that keep voting for the status quo.
They don't want 'change', honesty and jobs.
They're doing ok as they are, thank you very much.

And before the usual gobsh*tes start, NO, I don't mean everyone in the manor is on the take...but by hell there's a lot of it!!!

PHF didn't do as well as I hoped and they thought, because not enough people got out and about, door knocking etc.
Mainly because they are still in the infancy and need more publicity.

Maybe if the Hartlepool Post was more well known and a greater amount of people knew what has been going on in MRA and the way bent cllrs twist the rules etc. it may have focused the minds of the decent people in the manor and given them hope that it IS worth going out to vote.

One thing is for sure, this town will never lose the shackles of a 'loser town' whilst people still continue to vote for the communist ideology and 'fill yer boots' attitude of the controlling party.  >:(
I truly despair of this town.  :'(

Private Fraser

Quote from: not4me on August 16, 2013, 10: PM
there's no hope for them....it must be genetic....

Would the last sane person to leave Hartlepool please turn out the lights. I think the switch is just to the right of the Power Station.
"Those who are capable of tyranny are capable of perjury to sustain it."

fred c

Quote from: steveL on August 16, 2013, 05: PM
Quote from: Missy K on August 16, 2013, 03: PM

Barclay will rest on his laurels but it won't make any difference. Frankly, Missy, even if Wilcox had still been the candidate, she would still have been re-elected.

If there are 12 Manor Labour Voters on the Jury, all charges will be thrown out. lol

mk1

I never thought I would see a drunk man redder than a Labour banner but here he is...............

the man clearly has a problem with the sherbet.

I also noticed the huge  gut  on the bloke at the front.

mk1

So unsteady on his feet they have to hold him up....................

fred c

Who`s that short ar*ed bloke behind Marge ?

grim reaper

With regard to the abysmal 16% turnout, it is obvious the majority of 'decent' people have given up the ghost on trying to change things in Hartlepool.  :'(

Someone on here commented on people not being aware of the MRA scandal. Maybe if the odious episode was in the greater public domain there may be more of a concerted effort to remove the scum driving this town deeper into the mire.  >:(

The Hartlepool Post, it goes without saying, has been instrumental in publishing the self-enrichment ethos of labour in this town.
But not enough people are aware of The Hartlepool Post.  :(

Months before next years elections, how about hiring one of those mobile advertising vans to drive around town for a few days?
The message could be;
' Read what REALLY goes on in your town..log on to The Hartlepool Post'.
Or words to that effect.
Cost? I'm sure there are many on here that would gladly chip in.  :)
And, quid pro quo, you achieve a larger readership and the potential for more paying advertisers goes up! Job done.  :) ;D :D