Labour HOLD Manor House

Started by steveL, July 09, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

Labour 639 UKIP 226 PHF 194 Cons 74 turnout .15.79%

Very low turn out. Well done to all involved, especially UKIP who beat PHF into third.

ARC86

Excellent result for Labour looks like over 50% of the vote too.. back to the drawing board for PHF beaten into third by UKIP

mo the lawn

Thanks for all the helpers and the people who voted for me shame  how it turned out  but the people of manor house  decided i wasnt the guy for them .
On the good side i have made several good friend through   this  and will  be proud  to still look on them as friends.
I wont be standing in may (getting to old for all the walking and posting) but there will be some one there to ask for your help and votes so please give them the help and support you gave me .
regards and best wishes 
mick

ARC86

The Great Dictator

Labour again, they don't learn their lesson do they ?

stokoe

norfolkngoode

Quote from: The Great Dictator on August 16, 2013, 01: AM
Labour again, they don't learn their lesson do they ?

Aye...... You'd think with all the 5hit thats gone on under Labour control, that people would learn some sort of lesson.

How can anyone vote for more of the same?
'They don't like it up em'

Hartlepudlion

Disappointment yes. But look at it another way (DRcan check the stats). Labour maintained their core vote so that's the.target next year. With 84% not voting then, some at least, can be motivated to vote. The number of people that complain would swing it. Just need to persuade them to vote. What's the swingometer say David?

Lynda and the others, keep telling the people what they are like. Nine months to work on the people and then James is the target and what a target.

tankerville

I said in an earlier post the people in Owton Manor are 'ALL' thick it would seem that 'some' are not.

Well done to those that bothered to vote.

And to those that voted Labour may I say this; No.. On second thoughts you wouldn't understand.

DRiddle

This is pretty much what i've just posted on The Mails comments on this Hartlepudlian.

If you do the maths, Labour took 56% of a 15.79% turnout. That's about 8% of the total potential votes cast on the ward.

Another way to look at this is 92% of the people who live on Manor House did NOT vote Labour.

More than 9 out of 10 people who could have voted Labour.... didn't.

It IS a victory to Labour under the rules of democracy, but it's virtually a 'no mandate'.

Iain Wright's majority currently is just 5,509. Back in 2004 his majority was just 2,033.

Peter Mandelson's majority in 1997 was 17,508.

Would you say Iain Wright is MORE popular now than he was when he scraped home in 2004? I wouldn't.

We need a credible alternative candidate. Someone who is apolitical and objective in terms of the national politics.

Unfortunately, we don't seem to be able to find one.

DRiddle

In terms of the 'SWINGOMETER' it's really a tricky one to get a true reflection beacuse last May was an all out with 9 candidates and this only had 4, so the %'s are thrown massively.

In terms of raw data, this is correct.

2012                                                                         2013
Labour  (Wilcox)           822                                                                       639

PHF                               305                                                                       194

UKIP                             289                                                                        226

Cons                             70 (To Mandy Loynes)                                            74

With numbers like that it's possible to basically make these stats say whatever the hell you want them to. You could argue that under Angie Wilcox Labour polled 22% of the total vote, where as under Barclay they polled 56% of it.

Alternatively, you could say Labour 'lost' 183 votes from one year to the next, with is actually a 22% decline.

I susspose you could technically argue (as Shane might actually do) that the Tories were the only party to gain more votes than in 2012 (in terms of Many Loynes at least).

I guess the main fact is..... they won.

misinformed

think im quite shocked but then also am not surprised that Manor kept its seat.... mind you they think a no vote is better than a vote.... pity really as I think labour needed a shock, now they will think they still on top  >:(

steveL

I think the conclusions from last night were that Labour has a core vote in Manor of around 600 who will vote Labour even if their candidate is a drunken Nomad and Al Capone is put in charge of Manor Residents and,  that UKIP have established their own core vote of 200 plus in the ward so well done to them and Tom Hind.

The answer for PHF lies somewhere within the 85% of people who are so disenfranchised from the whole business that they couldn't be even bothered to vote which is something that should concern everyone.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

fred c

Last nights result is obviously a disappointment for members & supporters of PHF, but Well Done to Mick Stevens for the efforts put in by him, his family & PHF supporters.

Tom Hind & UKip also deserve a Well Done for their efforts in finishing 2nd.

The real disappointment however is for the town, a turnout of less than 16% shows just how apathetic the people of Hartlepool have become with Local Politics, its a sad fact of life that even in the middle of the biggest local scandal for years, people still couldn`t be bothered to turn out & cast their votes.

steveL

There's a comment on The Mail site saying 'Well done PHF - You got rid of Wilcox and gave us someone worse'

You can't really argue with that sort of logic.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.