Labour HOLD Manor House

Started by steveL, July 09, 2013, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRMoore

I'm sorry you have reached that conclusion, TSteels. Though I would ask you to re-read my post within the context it was written. As a reply to Fred who stated that voting for a candidate whom I felt was the better choice and not simply because they were PHF, UKIP, Tory or Labour was why this town was in the sh*t.

I don't follow that philosophy because that is why we have a council chamber full of idiotic sheep or self serving tw*ts.

DRiddle

Shane, coming back to the anti-PFH letter circulated by your group, do you have anything to say about the 'facts' listed on it? and the erm.... fact... that the chief solicitor for the council has taken the conservatives to task about the leaflet.

steveL

I know you think Ray is now a mate of yours, Mr Mister, but is he actually paying you to come on here to slag PHF off? Just curious.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

Can we have a shufti at the Tory  leaflet?
Not all of us live in Owton Manor.............

DRiddle

Mr Mister said

Quotethe 5 Councillors have achieved nothing for the 40k (give or take) they have had in the last 12 months?

Bait refused... try again.  ;)

SRMoore

Yes I would, Fred as I have given up hundreds of hours of my free time to fight for the people of this town and continue to be as ever critical of elected members because I understand that the public want someone who will be working for them all year round and not just in the run up to an election.

I do this often at great expense to myself and without any remuneration from the taxpayer or the conservative party. Much to my wife's dismay.

Mr Mister

Quote from: steveL on August 09, 2013, 09: PM
I know you think Ray is now a mate of yours, Mr Mister, but is he actually paying you to come on here to slag PHF off? Just curious.

Bless you Stephen,.. firstly I speak to Ray from time to time, if I want to ask about something, I will drop him a text, you want to try it sometime, you then wouldn't have to make so much up about the fella, if I bump into him we say hi and have a quick chat, but we are not spending long periods of time, looking into each others eyes lovingly.

Actually the same applies to you, I send you texts, sometimes you blank them, sometimes you reply,, I don't care either way, if I bump into you, we say hi and have a chat.

As for payment, he couldn't pay me enough, so the payment jibe is exactly that, a jibe..

Let's move onto the PHF bit of your post.. I think PHF isn't worth a handjob, I think they're clueless, I think the structure of the group is dogshit, I think they're unlikely to win a raffle, never mind power at the Cremlin, this is my own personal view based on what I have seen and read so far.

Now I am terribly sorry that you and I seem to be at the other end of the scale politically but, frankly that's just the way it goes, I understand your frustration at knowing that even how s**t Labour is, they are going to stuff PHF on the Manor and there's not a thing you can do about it, I understand how annoying it must feel to be part of something that can't even beat Labour on the Manor, knowing what's gone on there.

I can see why you're so upset you want to make cheap jibes at anyone not singing from your song sheet, I do understand the work you have put in, you must wonder sometimes why you bother, so much of your life taken up on something you can do very little about, I get all that Stephen, I really, really do.

I am so sorry for the position you find yourself in, you have my sympathy, I feel your sorrow from the other end of town, Look on the bright side though, PHF can only gain ground, so live with hope in your heart Stephen that one day things will be different, sadly, at best, i've only got 40 years of life left in me, so I won't be around to see PHF gain power in the Cremlin, I know the leaders of PHF are not spring chickens either, so bless them, I hope they live to about 120 years old, so they have a chance to see their boys in the Cremlin calling the shots.

Just saying.

Inspector Knacker

We don't have a Tory Party or Labour Party as I recognise it ....oh we have the facade of them, but that's about it. ....and that's why wr have PHF..... simple, but diffcult for politicians to comprehend, .....so they chunter and wriggle but never confront the problem and take refuge in their strained logic.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

TSteels

Shane, you say that the council chamber is full of t**ts, but you refuse to take them on!! You come on here and offer a few words designed to make it look like you are, but in reality that's meaningless.

FACT: your leader decides on issues, not based on the good of the people, but on what CAB wants. He voted with Labour ON EVERYTHING!! You know it, you hate it, but you refuse to call him on it or attack him for it. That is your weakness.

People are sick of their politicians, all of them. A plague on all their houses. The only people who are going to break through, who are going to create the bedrock of a new politics, which once again can actually inspire the people, are those individuals who have the guts to say: "Right, f*ck the lot of you! I don't care who you are, what party you're in or who your mate is. If you f*ck with the people of this town I am coming after you with the thunder of God's own fury!"

If you continue to offer excuses, explanations, clarifications etc...for the shoddy disgrace that is Ray Wells you will be nowhere come general Election Day!

DRiddle

Tsteels, I agree with you. If anything this issue combined with the travellers issue will hopefully become the 'dynamic catalyst' needed to get a few more people involved at the sharp end of all of this, and really try to make a difference.

I'd only really been a casual observer of local politics until a year or so ago. Then one of them make a vindictive decision which potentially threatened my livelihood, career and could have impacted a lot on me and my family.

That was a decision he made which massively over stepped the mark for why he was elected. On a basic level I want my bins emptying, rubbish picked up from the streets around me, crime and anti social behaviour tackled, facilities and local services protected.

These people are not there to ride rough shot over the wishes of the people of this town.

This, MRA/WCNE, the travellers issue and other decisions (or none decisions) made, will hopefully shake up the local political landscape in Hartlepool.

A few months back I wrote a letter to Iain Wright and warned that the ill feeling against the local Labour group in town was growing and growing and growing and that come next May they'd be in trouble. In the May after that, in the general election, I genuinely believe he'll be in trouble and the safest Labour seat in the country will become a marginal.

Largely thanks to the ill thought actions of SOME of our local councillors.

tankerville

I find the remark made by S Moore extremely offensive A Council Chamber Full of; Well you know the rest
there are of course 'some' who 'might' fall within that category but to make such a statement about all is quite simply. Out of order.

You like everyone else on this site are entitled to an opinion that is your prerogative BUT I'm quite certain that if this remark was made in the presence of said elected councillors you would find yourself in a predicament.

Councillors rightly deserve criticism when they fail to meet what the electorate asks 'demands' of them. If it's not forthcoming then the answer is clear. Don't re-elect them.

Mr Mister

Quote from: tankerville on August 10, 2013, 08: AM
I find the remark made by S Moore extremely offensive A Council Chamber Full of; Well you know the rest
there are of course 'some' who 'might' fall within that category but to make such a statement about all is quite simply. Out of order.

You like everyone else on this site are entitled to an opinion that is your prerogative BUT I'm quite certain that if this remark was made in the presence of said elected councillors you would find yourself in a predicament.

Councillors rightly deserve criticism when they fail to meet what the electorate asks 'demands' of them. If it's not forthcoming then the answer is clear. Don't re-elect them.

They are t****, I would tell each and every one of them to their face, or the whole lot as a group of t****, I think Shane's comment is bang on the money, oddly you feel your allowed an opinion but then want to restrict his.. 

P.S. I never say anything on the internet, that I wouldn't say to the person face, just in case you think I hide behind a computer.

fred c

Quote from: SRMoore on August 09, 2013, 11: PM
Yes I would, Fred as I have given up hundreds of hours of my free time to fight for the people of this town and continue to be as ever critical of elected members because I understand that the public want someone who will be working for them all year round and not just in the run up to an election.

I do this often at great expense to myself and without any remuneration from the taxpayer or the conservative party. Much to my wife's dismay.

I removed my previous post because i thought it more pertinent to comment on this.

A lot of people know you do good work & that it probably does cost you money, your not alone in doing that, others from different persuasions take time to involve themselves in local politics & also at some expense to themselves.

We all know what you do, why some of us take issue with you is for what you don`t do, you have a propensity to gloss over the decisions taken in Council by your Leader, we wonder why you don`t adopt the philosophy of Calling a Spade a Shovel now & again.

You know as well as everybody else who takes an interest in local matters that your Party in Council have consistently backed decisions taken by "The Dear Leader & The Mob"

The biggest Scandal in local politics in recent years has been MRA & WCN/E, i haven`t seen any words of condemnation from your lot, they haven`t even questioned it in council.

We all know what you personally think about the Scandal, but "You" need to Blow your Parties Trumpet on the issue, cos if you don`t none of the others will.

tankerville

It may be of interest to you that although you can call a Councillor/s all you wish to in writing or to their face/s defamatory replies cannot be returned by said Councillor/s.

Because of Hartlepool Borough Council's Code of Conduct.

I stick by what I have said that it is wrong to tar everyone with the same brush.

There is good and bad in all walks of life being rude and abusive is Wrong. No matter which way you want to twist it to justify for your own reasons of hate or spiteful vindictiveness.

DRiddle

QuoteHartlepool Borough Council's Code of Conduct.

Have you ever tried to get anyone to enforce the guidelines in the councils code of conduct Tank?

It's not work the paper it's written on, because no body is willing to enforce it.