Brash and Hargreaves Resign

Started by steveL, April 10, 2013, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Brash and Hargreaves have resigned from the Labour Group - just in time for tomorrow's meeting.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

I hope their resignations are just from the Labour Party. Do you know if they are crossing over as PHF or Independents?

steveL

No they'll be classed as Independents or Independent Labour or something. I should think that's a big enough change for the moment.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

whatabouthisthen

It is to be hoped that the Cons will now join the opposition.

fred c

At least they have displayed the courage of their convictions, an example to "The Mob" of Political Integrity........

steveL

Quote from: whatabouthisthen on April 10, 2013, 05: PM
It is to be hoped that the Cons will now join the opposition.

Dream on . . .

tankerville

One of them 'Brash' has Balls & The Other 'Hargreaves' Has them 'LABOUR' by the Balls!

fred c

I have got the 2 or 3 with Brains no probs......

The Liberace character i think i have sussed as well..... there was a photo in tonights mail that gave me a clue.

The Sidekick, depends how close to his side he gets, but I have a  99/1 idea on that one as well.

A little bit stumped on the Bog Cleaner Woman..... There are several contenders for that......but i have got it down to 2 possibles, having said that 1 of them doesn`t get round the civic very often now.... so yeah got her.

Perfume Perfume Perfume......... something Smells Fishy about this one.... I`ll have to Sleep On It.

Now the difficult one... Cake Tins, Audience, Council Meetings, Wheelie Bins.... I should know this, i know i should........... Noooooo i can`t suss him...... He Must be to clever for me, possibly a genius writer.

One thing i am certain of though, if Labour don`t sort out whats going on in Hartlepool very quickly....... Our next MP could be a lot taller & have a different hair colour to our present (Member)

mk1

Quote from: fred c on April 10, 2013, 09: PM

The Liberace character i think i have sussed as well..... there was a photo in tonight's mail that gave me a clue.

Yes what a clip he looks................

I dont know which is more repulsive. The middle aged man desperate to be thought 'yoothful' or spud head with his  massive gut spilling over his trousers.........

marky

i've been puzzling about something for a while but I think I've finally solved the puzzle.

Am I right or wrong?

fred c

Quote from: marky on April 10, 2013, 11: PM
i've been puzzling about something for a while but I think I've finally solved the puzzle.

Am I right or wrong?

Another contender

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NujvoJol5_8

steveL

As a fat, failed, wanna-be journalist, I couldn't possibly comment.  ;)

steveL

There're some interesting quotes from CAB in today's Mail article about the resignation of Brash and Hargreaves. To me they suggest that it is not the two who have wandered away from labour but rather the town's labour group who have cast themselves adrift.

". . . but Labour group leader, Christopher Akers-Belcher, said there is no such term as "independent Labour" and said they should seek re-election through a by-election."

"Coun Akers-Belcher said: "They are no longer in the Labour Group and given they have been so vocal on political principles they have no mandate to be a councillor and as such should abide by their conscience and seek re-election through a duly called by-election.

"They were elected as Labour candidates and once they lose that brand they speak for no-one but themselves.""

That last sentence seems to say it all in that 'speaking for no one but themselves' seems to be the most common complaint against the self-enriching, cabal currently leading the labour group. Is not the Peer Group's finding revealing the perception that some councillors are acting out of self-interest the very reason we are about to see an enquiry into the matter?

There's a world of difference between speaking for yourself based on what you believe and speaking for yourself to inflate your own bank account. The fact that CAB doesn't seem to understand the difference is, I guess, at the root of many of the labour group's current problems.

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/local/question-row-pair-resign-1-5572636

Lucy Lass-Tick

I see that the Mail isn't inviting comments on the article ... not taking any chances then?  ::)