A Weed By Any Other Name

Started by steveL, March 31, 2012, 05: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steveL

Here's a story for you all.

Remember that story in the Mail about UKIPs cunning plan regarding Independents? The story was given to the Mail by a Mr S Hadow who it was suggested was a UKIP member. Not true - no one from UKIP had heard of him.

Do a bit of shuffling and S Hadow turns into our old friend SHADOW and we all have a good idea who that is. The Mail though, by all acoounts didn't have to guess - word is they not only knew it was a fake ID but they also knew exactly who it really was.

Will they be writing a retraction? An apology? Or even a second article to put the record straight?

In a word - NO. They've refused point blank.   
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Carrot Cake

Who is Shaddow?

Who is Mr S Hadow?

I take it they are the same person but that is about how far my knowledge stretches!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Shadows are, (by very nature), somewhat insubstantial...

Carrot Cake

Very cryptic, very correct.

steveL

I've heard he's a bit cuckoo ....
Diplomacy is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

mk1

I think shadow was our only ray ........of sunshine and I hear he moved to Tunbridge Wells.

mk1

I note ra.............sorry the Shadow is back as a member.

The Shadow

For those who missed my email or the story in the Hartlepool Mail.

Dear Hartlepool Borough Councillor, 

Since their first press release back in November, Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First have been deceiving you and the people of this town into believing that they are a new independent party that was set up as a real alternative to the petty party politics and complete contempt shown to residents that they claim has plagued our town for years. Let us be honest, they have done a very good job at convincing many people that this is the case. 

Well I am writing to you this morning as both a former member of UKIP and a concerned resident who has decided to do the right thing and tell you the real reason Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First was created as a new political party.

Back in July 2011 I received an email from Stephen Allison who was at the time the Vice Chairman of UKIP. The email was a report in his own words of a NEC (National Executive Committee) meeting that he had just attended. Mr Allison states that he had been trying to push an idea that would help gain UKIP more votes and candidates from those who would not ordinarily support the party. (See below - I have removed the parts of the email which are not significance)

Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 20:47:09 +0100
To:
Subject: NEC DIGEST – July 2011

"Doug Denny then gave a brief report on Double nomination. This is sometghing I have been trying to push for a while and the NEC accepted the proposal to co-operate formally with residents' associations and local independents using the "dual candidate" route now available to registered political parties (NB Registered parties NOT individuals). If for example an organisation called "Hartlepool Independents" or "Hartlepool Residents" was registered with the Electoral Commission then UKIP could reach an agreement to field joint candidates. The ballot paper could say "Hartlepool Independent and UKIP Candidate" or "Hartlepool Residents and UK Independence Party Candidate" It costs £250 to register a political party and I've suggested to my branch committee that it might be a good move politically to get "Hartlepool Independents" or "Hartlepool Residents" registered and under our control. We could then maybe attract people to stand next May who are not going to join UKIP but who would like to join an "Independent" or "Residents" Party. At the very least, we should consider registering these names to deny them to others!"

As you can clearly see, Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First was deliberately created and registered as a political party so that UKIP could "attract people to stand next May who are not going to join UKIP but who would like to join an "Independent" " and therefore elect UKIP councillors by the back door. 

I am giving you this information because I cannot allow this charade to go on any longer and I will not allow anybody to use this kind of deliberate and shameful act of deceit against the people of this town. We deserve better that this!

So councillor I urge you, regardless of political colour, to REALLY Put Hartlepool First and make sure that this pack of fraudsters are put well and truly last. 

Sincerely, 
Stephen

You now have both sides of the story.

P.S. I was a centrally enrollwed member of UKIP. Never had anything to do with our local branch

Lucy Lass-Tick

Dear Shadow...didn't know you were into archaeology... ;), Love from LL-T xx

marky

Well your attempt to "not allow this charade to go on any longer" seems to have gone belly up at the first hurdle. UKIP will be fielding its own candidates in May, some of which will be against HF candidates, which does seem to leave your conspiracy theories stuck up your own ar**.

Why not reveal your name and allow the UKIP guys to verify that you were a 'centrally enrolled member of UKIP.' You sound more like a centerally controlled member of the Labour Party or a cuckoo Conservative.

The Shadow

Not quite archeaology but the dates are very interesting... Let's look at them.

The leaked email was sent in July 2011 and Mr Allison himself confirmed to the Hartlepool Mail that it was genuine.
Hartlepool Independents stated in the Hartlepool Mail that Mr Allison left UKIP in November 2011 to set up the new party.
Checking on the electoral commissions website you can see that Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First was registered in September 2011.
That is two months AFTER it was suggested to Hartlepool Branch chairman of UKIP that the party register the name so that it is "under their control" and two months BEFORE Mr Allison allegedly severed all ties with UKIP to "set up the new party".

Who is kidding who?

Then we get on to the fact that the branch chairman of UKIP claims that they are nothing to do with Hartlepool Independents and that he this has never been the case.
I find this odd since you can see from the July email that this was discussed with him directly.

So I leave you with the facts about the real story behind the creation of Hartlepool Independents - Putting Hartlepool First.
What I will say is that I have no doubt that people have joined the new party for all of the right realons and I wish those genuine people who knew nothing about this scam the very best of luck. However ithose people need to take a long hard look at what has been going on and ask some serious questions to the people involved.

Lord Elpus

'member of the Labour Party or a cuckoo Conservative'.

Same thing isn't it.

steveL

Seems to be a bit of a none story to me. If you were claiming that Allison's mother was a green alien then at least it might be entertaining.

Now about those cuckoos in West Park .....

mk1

I saw the Shadow  in Ward Jackson Park.............

Lord Elpus

I heard a Councillor refer to Ray Wells as an "odious little t*a*" the other day.

Apparently it's the nick name some fellow councillors have bestowed upon him, it seems to fit him pretty well.