Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 12, 2021, 12: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Are any roundabouts still carrying those tacky little advertising boards anymore...c'mon, sticking adverts on a roundabout must be the worst way to present your town to the visitor.
No one ever reads the, no one can read them when driving around a roundabout, so why bother.....?
Why not check out members of the Legion of the Damned ex Councillors, offer them a pittance and give them a sandwich board each and they can trudge the streets, no one will read them but it will make the public laugh spontaneously, which is no bad thing.

WANTED...Sandwich Board operatives.

Would suit someone used to trudging the streets aimlessly.
Formal training will be given and protective clothing provided.
Chuntering skills are required and the ability to talk absolute bo***cks
would be a positive asset, hence the preference for ex 'politicians'.
If interested, contact me, ...Chutney Merryweather, (Director of Staples and Elastic Bands) on Wagga 1212 or, contact me at Tumbleweed Junction, bus shelter No 3.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

They wouldn't go for anything that uses the word 'sandwich board' ... would need to be 'full luxury buffet' board ...

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 12, 2021, 10: AM
They wouldn't go for anything that uses the word 'sandwich board' ... would need to be 'full luxury buffet' board ...
Strangely enough I acquired a randomly discarded menu from the world famous' Hotel Swanko del Dead Posh' to the West of town, ... cast aside after one of their usual 'gorge fest' banquets back in the day.
Read and cry......

Menu

A selection of freshly squeezed Ratepayers.

Bircher Mieshi with seasonal compote and toasted seeds

Oscietra Caviar

Burn Valley Oysters

Pumpkin veloute'

Beetroot and chicory salad.

Chicken liver & foigras parfait.

Steaks.....Rumpy Pumpy.....Dogeye....and Surly.

All very generously served with the world renowned Marine Salvage Recovery Pound shop finest beans, sausage, bacon, eggs, black pudding, fried bread, toast, Mandingo Jam and tea.
Please note sell by dates may vary.

What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.