Silence is Golden.

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 06, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

I have two dogs myself, and I know only too well how awful this time of year is for pet owners when it comes to fireworks.

I can't stand the bloody things myself, but I have no issue with proper organised displays. They start at a set time, and finish at a set time.

I do have a major issue with the stupid imbeciles who find it entertaining to set them off randomly, at all hours, regardless of occasion, or lack of ....

They absolutely should not be on sale to the general public to use as the whim takes them.....
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

I called in to see someone in central Stockton over the weekend. Fireworks were going off all over the place; apparently they're the 'go to' option for any kind of celebration there (birthdays included). Ridiculous.

eddy

Probably be slightly worse this year given the cancelling of the Seaton event, would love to know the actual rational that sits behind it.

diSme

Quote from: eddy on October 18, 2021, 12: PM
Probably be slightly worse this year given the cancelling of the Seaton event, would love to know the actual rational that sits behind it.
That was my thinking exactly, and I have the same question....

Can't see it ever being answered though!
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I really hope it's cancelled permanently. I don't see the point of it and half those attending before or after will go home to let off their 'Bikini Atoll Super Blaster' or'House Shaker Earthquake Simulator' anyway, so what's the bloody point...?
Time to move on.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

eddy

I am torn, on the one hand if you have planned displays it means people dont do it in their garden (as much).  On the other the impact is marginal at best.  It does sound like a war zone 3 weeks either side of the 5th regardless 

Inspector Knacker

Basically, we're 'celebrating' an attempt by religious fundamentalists to blow up Parliament.... sound familiar?
Also, who exactly are we supporting, the plotters or the foilers of the plot...?
Pity we couldn't celebrate something lie Battle od Britain day in September instead for example, but doubles the retail opportunists and spins would nowadays be churning out radio controlled Spitfires and Hurricanes and would not wish to be dived bombed by a  radio controlled Stuka while you're taking the dog for walk.
Ban fireworks! Bah humbug. ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.