Silence is Golden.

Started by Inspector Knacker, October 06, 2021, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Funny and satisfying how all is now quiet on the Council front. 
The absurd 'Glory Days' of the the dear leader and his cabinet of the 'special' and 'gifted' plus the assorted house trained minions, now seems a bad memory. The constant barrage of never missed photo opportunities became a tedious reminder of what it must have been like to live in some Eastern European one party asylum in the 1950's.
Thankfully, it ended in a farce and now things just seem to carry on without some political ego appearing to need to direct things at every level.
I like it now it's quiet. Council operating as it should.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

It is nice to not have the council's 'greatness' rammed down your throat every two minutes. It always irked me that certain people needed recognition and glorification for doing what they volunteered and got paid to do....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

The outrageous vanity of their time in office did for them, led by the unchallenged master of the self inflicted municipal wound. The Dear Leader was like a plastic bag snagged up at the top of a tree, a no one had a clue how he got up there and no one could be bothered to get him down.... for a while.

Lucy Lass-Tick

What ... is no gold leaf encrusted statue of the mighty one to grace Church Street?

Inspector Knacker

Rumour has it the Muppet Show workshop was scoured for parts but even they couldn't oblige. I heard that a 300 foot colossus of the Dear Leader made of time expired supermarket trolleys was a possibility till  'Titus Bangiron Wire Benders Ltd declined, as they claimed they couldn't bend wire that shape.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 07, 2021, 01: PM
Wht ... is no gold leaf encrusted statue of the mighty one to grace Church Street?
Just had an idea, why not get Anthony  Gormley to do figures like those on Crosby beach. It could feature individual figures of the leader and his cabinet, but...... insert them under the low water mark so they'll never be seen by the public or scare the dogs on the beach, ..... though they could be a hazard to shipping. ;D

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 07, 2021, 08: PM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on October 07, 2021, 01: PM
What ... is no gold leaf encrusted statue of the mighty one to grace Church Street?
Just had an idea, why not get Anthony  Gormley to do figures like those on Crosby beach. It could feature individual figures of the leader and his cabinet, but...... insert them under the low water mark so they'll never be seen by the public or scare the dogs on the beach, ..... though they could be a hazard to shipping. ;D

The Demon of the North?

Inspector Knacker

Demons of the North? ;D ;D ;D
Some say they stood for what the people will fall for, no,.....  surely they stood for what the Party would fall for. They just didn't seem to care in which direction the car of local government was being driven as long as their hands were on the steering wheel.
They were fugitives from the Law of Averages.

eddy

Quietly cancelling the fireworks display also

diSme

Quote from: eddy on October 16, 2021, 03: PM
Quietly cancelling the fireworks display also
I'm intrigued as to what risk assessment has been performed in order to facilitate the making of that decision.....
I believe everything and nothing

eddy

It does seem a bit lame, and there are many examples of people gathering in similar numbers over the past few months! I get the whole indoor Covid sharing thing but the risks must be somewhat reduced on some god forsaken wind swept sea front in November

Inspector Knacker

The quicker they ban fireworks the better, especially for domestic use.
Is it me or is some of the artillery going off in people's gardens actually legal?
Plus, it drives the dog crackers.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 16, 2021, 08: PM
The quicker they ban fireworks the better, especially for domestic use.
Is it me or is some of the artillery going off in people's gardens actually legal?
Plus, it drives the dog crackers.

Agree - terrifying for dogs & cats.

Inspector Knacker

As my neighbour spends the equivalent of the Greek defence budget on noisy fireworks and is still shooting more rockets than mega rich celebrity millionaires into space long after the kids have got bored and went indoors.
I've actually decided to take the dog out into the sticks for an extended drive during the peak barrage period, the alternative is a nightmare.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 16, 2021, 10: PM
As my neighbour spends the equivalent of the Greek defence budget on noisy fireworks and is still shooting more rockets than mega rich celebrity millionaires into space long after the kids have got bored and went indoors.
I've actually decided to take the dog out into the sticks for an extended drive during the peak barrage period, the alternative is a nightmare.

Where I currently live is pretty quiet, fireworks wise; but I'm moving house just before bonfire night. I (and the cat) hope & pray that the same prevails where we're heading.