Graffiti

Started by Inspector Knacker, September 24, 2021, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Stuck on top of the Marina gateway bridge, my oppo pointed out some black spray painted graffiti on the east side bridge wall, four large scrawled letters by some illiterate, he said it's been there quite a while and wondered why the council hadn't removed it being in such a prominent position.
I wonder why myself now.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

You can always tell that you're in a smart area when the graffiti's spelt right ...  ::)

The Great Dictator

The anti-vax brigade have been spraying messages all over the old ambulance station too :(

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 24, 2021, 05: PM

The anti-vax brigade have been spraying messages all over the old ambulance station too :(

They must be deluded if they think that anyone's opinion is going to be swayed by graffiti.

Inspector Knacker

Graffiti is the last resort of the confused. Why would anyone take seriously a scrawled message on a wall which usually makes no sense if you try to decipher it. At least prehistoric cave paintings were informative i.e. chasing a woolly mammoth for tea, but graffiti appears to be the work of woolly minded .

The Great Dictator

Who would support vandalism as a remedy ?

Inspector Knacker

Doubtless some academic with a turnip for a brain will come up with the option and have followers advocating it. ::)

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 25, 2021, 03: PM
Doubtless some academic with a turnip for a brain will come up with the option and have followers advocating it. ::)

?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gdV6mW_JNI

Inspector Knacker

Ah...10cc...I suspect a more fitting track would be ...'Good Morning Judge'.

The Great Dictator

Or if they are sent to jail "I'm not in love".  :-* :-* :-*

Inspector Knacker

Or indeed .....'Rubber. Bullets'.

The Great Dictator

Inspector Knacker

Then they'll be doing the 'Wall Street Shuffle'. :o

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on October 08, 2021, 01: PM
Then they'll be doing the 'Wall Street Shuffle'. :o

Church Street Conga?

Inspector Knacker

The power of this board....drove over that there bridge today and graffiti's appeared on the other side. Looks like the work os someone/thing to whom graffiti is a way of communicating with their illiterate chums....  probably the 'British West Hartlepool ban hard sums n stuff massive'.
If you leave it on, you just attract more, clean it up, it's a main route though Town.
If you look down the side streets off Whitby Street you might find a 'Clear off Gladstone you bounder ' piece of classic Victorian graffiti.