‘New Hospital for Stockton’

Started by Inspector Knacker, September 21, 2021, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Reports of an appeal for a new hospital for Stockton after the belated admission that North Tees is on it's last legs.
The North Tees and Hartlepool NHS Trust are appealing for government funding after a new hospital as funds are being processed for successful applicants.
Now call me a cynic....but the clues in the name 'North Tees and Hartlepool' not just Stockton. This could be interesting.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Grumblstiltskin

Is this the spectre of Wynyard raising it's head again? Same guff, different location?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Hmmm ... worth watching to see how this pans out. A friend who worked in the world of architecture reckons that North Tees was built on sandy soil. If so, what an excellent choice for a tower block (not).

Inspector Knacker

They're daft enough to offer a site at Teasdale over the way from Teesside Park...... I'd put nowt past them.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 22, 2021, 08: PM
They're daft enough to offer a site at Teasdale over the way from Teesside Park...... I'd put nowt past them.

Site if the old racecourse? Or a bit of the Tees that was cut out for navigational purposes?

Inspector Knacker

Up towards all those call centres and University campus's (where they do odd degree courses on supermarket trolley design or Plywood therapy etc) where no one is ever seen walking.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Yes - can see that being a potential site. Having said that, isn't there talk of cutting the number of hospitals & having everything concentrated on regional 'hubs'? If so, I'd expect everything to end up at James Cook.

diSme

I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 23, 2021, 12: PM
Yes - can see that being a potential site. Having said that, isn't there talk of cutting the number of hospitals & having everything concentrated on regional 'hubs'? If so, I'd expect everything to end up at James Cook.
The way it's going we'll have a mega hub in Leeds and the suits will tell us travelling miles and miles to access the very best healthcare will make it soooooooo much better for us and the queue for A&E starts on the M1 slip road. I'm sure we were sold some similar bovine excrement when our services were improved by closing them. Strange people those  'suits'.