So local, it’s banal possibly.

Started by Inspector Knacker, September 07, 2021, 06: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

But, it matters to me. I drive through Seaton several times a day and it boils my p*** to see the Coronation Drove greens on both sides surrounded by manicured grass around extended weed beds, no wild flowers, just some dumb woke belief that we all hail the weed beds. Valuable grass areas on the promenade side which could be used for better purposes like picnic tables and even road side parking to encourage it's use are occupied by a BerlinWall tribute act of nettles and weeds several hundred metres long.
It's no good Councillors droning on about attracting visitors to Seaton when every approach looks like a sorry vision of NEGLECT... IT PUT'S VISITORS OFF!!!
At least one little ray of sunlight was the belated decision to cut the grass on the green outside the bus station, it suddenly made everything better because with the weeds thriving outside that glorious Art Deco structure made the bus station look run down too.
While they're at it the Titchmarshesque novelty flower bed in the conservation area have been a disgrace all summer long as are those hideous weed beds opposite the golf club entrance outside peoples bungalows.
There, that's better.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Most of the town looks scruffy. Still had no weed control in my local area, despite raising it with the council....
I believe everything and nothing

Lucy Lass-Tick

Weren't a couple of Seaton councillors doing some gardening using their own tools - in there own time? That could only be a drop in the ocean, though.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: diSme on September 07, 2021, 10: AM
Most of the town looks scruffy. Still had no weed control in my local area, despite raising it with the council....
Agree100%, but it has been for quite a while. What annoys me with the Seaton farce is they meticulously mow the grass around them to a bowling green finish, why not get the mower and level the bloody lot, problem solved.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 07, 2021, 12: PM
Weren't a couple of Seaton councillors doing some gardening using their own tools - in there own time? That could only be a drop in the ocean, though.
I applaud their efforts, but it's no match for the gardeners. I really would like to see a list of all jobs within the Council from top to bottom along with numbers employed per position. I do believe some in the Civic actually believe tapping a screen can make everything happen....it doesn't.

diSme

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on September 07, 2021, 12: PM
Coun. Tom Feeney actually offered to come around my street and tackle the problem himself using his own tools/weedkiller, which is absolutely admirable, however when I sent him a few images showing the extent of the growth, he realised it was beyond being a one or two man job, and forwarded the details to the dept at the council that does such work. This was several months ago, but nothing has happened since....

I am able to take care of the area immediately at the front of my property, but many others in the street are elderly and infirm, and shouldn't be expected to manage council land on top of their own property.

Inspector Knacker

I'm in shock...driving along Coronation Drive this evening to drop the wife off and stunned to see the weed beds on both sides have been cleared and cut back.
Thank you,  whoever authorised this work.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 08, 2021, 09: PM
I'm in shock...driving along Coronation Drive this evening to drop the wife off and stunned to see the weed beds on both sides have been cleared and cut back.
Thank you,  whoever authorised this work.

:D :D

Inspector Knacker

Hell's Bell's, what's going on, they've even scythed down the Triffids outside the bungalows opposite the golf club.

Dear God,
               I've made a few requests for your assistance over the years and this is a first, not quite the lottery win, etc, etc, but it's a start.
                   Yours faithfully
                                 Inspector Knacker
                                              Xxxxx

Lucy Lass-Tick

I'm not too sure whether a deity of any description is a member of the Post ... although we've had a handful in the past who thought they held the role ...  ::)

Inspector Knacker

There were some who I always imagined sat amongst the clouds above sunlit uplands posting down to us lesser mortals ;D Eventually, I realised they were away with the Pixies. ;D ;D

diSme

Lol, did you put the lottery on,, just in case it's your week?!!  ;D

Inspector Knacker

I excitedly told the wife..... mistake...... "God, you're easily pleased" she said shaking her head as she goose stepped out of the room.  ::)