The lurgy?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, July 23, 2021, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

Quote from: Grumblstiltskin on July 27, 2021, 02: PM
anybody who questions the jab instantly labelled as a conspiracy theorist with a m**r*n level IQ who gets all their facts from some bozo down the pub or off online conspiracy theorists.

Sounds about right.

QuoteIt is, and always should be, personal choice to be injected with a brand new, never used on humans, genetically engineered mRNA carried material.

It is. It is also a personal choice of mine not to want to be anywhere near anyone who's daft enough not to accept a vaccine.

QuoteIf the vaccine was a standard vaccine, inactivated virus

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/the-vaccines/how-the-vaccines-work

QuoteYour body's response to a vaccine is similar to when it encounters a natural infection, but it is safer to gain protection from a disease by taking a vaccine because the vaccines do not contain a live virus and cannot cause disease.

The vaccines cannot change your DNA.

Get the jab...or die
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Why, when you ask the simple question have you had your two jabs of the Vaccine Luddites do you never get an answer.......it's simple really, if you say you have had them, then you're an hypocrite. If you say you haven't, you're in the conspiracy theorist camp where we're all being programmed to obey.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

A summary of the prevailing lack of logic....

"ME: UK gov, should I get vaccinated if I already had Covid?

UK gov: "Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had C0VID-19. That's because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from C0VID-19."

ME: Oh, okay, we don't know how long natural immunity lasts. Got it. So, how long does vaccine-induced immunity last?

Uk gov: "There is still a lot we are learning about C0VID-l9 vaccines and we are constantly reviewing evidence and updating guidance. We don't know how long protection lasts for those who are vaccinated."

Me: Okay ... but wait a second. I thought you said the reason I need the vaccine was because we don't know how long my natural immunity lasts, but it seems like you're saying we ALSO don't know how long vaccine immunity lasts either. So, how exactly is the vaccine immunity better than my natural immunity?

UK gov: ...

Me: Uh ... alright. But, haven't there been a bunch of studies suggesting that natural immunity could last for years or decades?

UK gov: Yes. Years, maybe even decades, according to a new study.

ME: Ah. So natural immunity might last longer than vaccine immunity?

Uk gov: Possibly. You never know.

ME: Okay. If I get the vaccine, does that mean I won't get sick?

Uk gov: Nope. We are just now entering a seasonal spike and about half of our infections and hospital admissions are vaccinated people.

ME: is this true? Are there a lot of people in the U.K. catching Covid after getting the jab?

David Javid: Over 60%

ME: Oh, okay. Hmm. Well, if I can still get sick after I get the vaccine, how is it helping me?

Uk gov: We never said you wouldn't get sick. We said it would reduce your chances of serious illness or death.

ME: Oh, sorry. Alright, exactly how much does it reduce my chance of serious illness or death.

Uk gov: We don't know "exactly, we think we've saved over 50,000 lives, but we haven't got any evidence of this.

ME: Oh. Then what's your best estimate for how much risk reduction there is?

Uk gov: We don't know, okay? Next question.

ME: Um, if I'm healthy and don't want the vaccine, is there any reason I should get it?

Uk gov: Yes, for the collective and to be allowed to dance at a night club (for now)

ME: How does the collective benefit from me getting vaccinated?

Uk gov: Because you could spread the virus to someone else who might get sick and die.

ME: Can a vaccinated person spread the virus to someone else?

Uk gov: Yes.

ME: So if I get vaccinated, I could still spread the virus to someone else?

ME: But I thought you just said, the REASON I should get vaccinated was to prevent me spreading the virus? How does that make sense if I can still catch Covid and spread it after getting the vaccine?

Uk gov: Never mind that. The other thing is, if you stay unvaccinated, there's a chance the virus could possibly mutate into a strain that escapes the vaccine's protection, putting all vaccinated people at risk.

ME: So the vaccine stops the virus from mutating?

Uk gov: No.

ME: So it can still mutate in vaccinated people?

ME: Sorry but this seems confusing. If the vaccine doesn't stop mutations, and it doesn't stop infections, then how does me getting vaccinated help prevent a more deadly strain from evolving to escape the vaccine?

Uk gov: You aren't listening, okay? The bottom line is: as long as you are unvaccinated, you pose a threat to vaccinated people.

ME: But what KIND of threat??

Uk gov: The threat that they could get a serious case of Covid and possibly die.

ME: My brain hurts. Didn't you JUST say that the vaccine doesn't keep people from catching Covid, but prevents a serious case or dying? Now it seems like you're saying vaccinated people can still easily die from Covid even after they got the vaccine just by running into an unvaccinated person! Which is it??

Uk gov: Your just obviously an anti-vaxxer!

ME: Wait! I just want to make sure I understand all this. So, even if I ALREADY had Covid, I should STILL get vaccinated, because we don't know how long natural immunity lasts, and we also don't know how long vaccine immunity lasts. And I should get the vaccine to keep a vaccinated person from catching Covid from me, but even if I get the vaccine, I can give it to the vaccinated person anyways. And, the other vaccinated person can still easily catch a serious case of Covid from me and die. Do I have all that right?"

Logical thinking is now a fringe activity......
I believe everything and nothing

eddy

Love coming on here to be reminded how racist my home town is.

E.g., its all those brown people in Londonistan fault.  Maybe we could get Enoch Powell for the new logo,

Anecdotally, I got way more white mates on social media bleeding anti vax crap than any of the brown coloured ones.  Quite happy to ram whatever the hell white powder up their nose in the toilets of Vibes of a weekend too, oh the irony. 

diSme

Quote from: eddy on July 29, 2021, 03: PM

E.g., its all those brown people in Londonistan fault.  Maybe we could get Enoch Powell for the new logo,

Anecdotally, I got way more white mates on social media bleeding anti vax crap than any of the brown coloured ones.  Quite happy to ram whatever the hell white powder up their nose in the toilets of Vibes of a weekend too, oh the irony.
Lol, not quite sure where race comes into the topic/discussion so far???

Only seems to be you that's brought it up,, unless perhaps I have missed something.......?

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on July 29, 2021, 04: PM

Only seems to be you that's brought it up,, unless perhaps I have missed something.......?

Kettle..frying pan???

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on July 29, 2021, 04: PM
Quote from: diSme on July 29, 2021, 04: PM

Kettle..frying pan???
Are you accusing me of some form of racial vitriol?

Inspector Knacker

If he is blaming you, I don't know what he's basing it on.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 29, 2021, 08: PM
If he is blaming you, I don't know what he's basing it on.
Thank you.

I suspect it could well have been a misquote on akarjl2's behalf....

akarjl2

nope sorry DiSme...quotes in wrong place

QuoteQuote from: eddy on July 29, 2021, 03: PM

My point was the only person mentioning "Brown people" was Eddy. Nobody else even thought about that it seemed to me.

I really need to keep off here. It is going nowhere......

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: akarjl2 on July 29, 2021, 04: PM
Kettle..frying pan???

If this is in reference to the saying 'The Pot calling the Kettle black', I would use it with caution.  It seems now that a lot of idio people see this saying as racist because it uses the word black and not understanding how cast iron looks.

Inspector Knacker

If they even know what cast iron is.

admin

How on earth did a discussion about Covid morph into one discussing racism? The next member who starts on that nonsense will regret it!

Inspector Knacker

Covtanic is sinking, the last lifeboat is about to cast off, there remains a single figure who will not get into the lifeboat. The bosun shouts up to him to get in as the ship is going down.

Bosun, "Jump aboard Sir, or you'll drown".

Man,  " Has this lifeboat been tested? "

Bosun  " Yes, just get in please"

Man     " To what standard?"

Bosun   "Board of Trade reg 143/ 665b, now get in pleeeese".

Man        " What wood was used in it's construction?"

Bosun      "Teak!!!!"

Man.        " Where was the teak from?

Bosun       "India sir, are you getting in?"

Man.         "Have you got a copy of it's maintenance record?"

Bosun       "Look, just get in and you can read it c'mon please"

Man          " Not until I've read the maintenance rec....gurgle, gurgle, gurrrrrrgle........

Bosun       " You just can't help some people".

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 30, 2021, 01: PM
Covtanic is sinking, the last lifeboat is about to cast off, there remains a single figure who will not get into the lifeboat. The bosun shouts up to him to get in as the ship is going down.

Bosun, "Jump aboard Sir, or you'll drown".

Man,  " Has this lifeboat been tested? "

Bosun  " Yes, just get in please"

Man     " To what standard?"

Bosun   "Board of Trade reg 143/ 665b, now get in pleeeese".

Man        " What wood was used in it's construction?"

Bosun      "Teak!!!!"

Man.        " Where was the teak from?

Bosun       "India sir, are you getting in?"

Man.         "Have you got a copy of it's maintenance record?"

Bosun       "Look, just get in and you can read it c'mon please"

Man          " Not until I've read the maintenance rec....gurgle, gurgle, gurrrrrrgle........

Bosun       " You just can't help some people".

The whole scenario just flashed before my eyes ..  :D