The lurgy?

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, July 23, 2021, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucy Lass-Tick

From the DT - will no doubt feature elsewhere in the media 'Parts of the North East of England are to be given extra Government support as the region continues to see some of the highest Covid-19 case rates in the country.

Seven local authorities across Tyne and Wear, Northumberland and County Durham, and five local authorities in the Tees Valley, will be recipients of the extra support.

It will start on Monday and last for five weeks, and includes the option to deliver extra testing in these targeted areas, the provision of logistical support to maximise vaccine and testing uptake, and further help for local public health campaigns.

Public health minister Jo Churchill said: "As the data changes it is vital that our public health response continues to change with it.

"By working in lockstep with local authorities and directors of public health, this additional support should help turn the tide on these growing case numbers and extend the wall of protection that vaccines is creating across the country.

"We all have a part to play in the continued fight against this virus and our message is a clear one: the best thing we can all do to protect ourselves and our loved ones is getting jabbed. If you haven't had your first or second doses, I'd urge you to book your vaccination at the first opportunity."

5:53pm
63pc of families uncomfortable with unvaccinated carers, survey finds
A recent survey by live-in care agency Elder found that 63 per cent of customers would feel comfortable being looked after by an unvaccinated carer, or having an unvaccinated carer look after a

diSme

A poignant time to remember that positive cases do not equal ill people and/or deaths....

Also, "delivering extra testing" will further inflate the number of cases and potentially exacerbate the alleged hotbed of "lurgy" we are currently experiencing.....
I believe everything and nothing

Topcat

I'm currently in self isolation with my wife due to both of us having positive PCR tests.I have done four LFT at home all of them negative,my wife has done three, two positive and the one in between negative. I have had absolutely no symptoms at all but my wife has had headaches and a bit of nausea plus feeling a bit "fluey" . We are both 72 and double jabbed so in our case it looks like the vaccine has done its job and we will be released from jail at midnight tonight.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 23, 2021, 09: PM

A recent survey by live-in care agency Elder found that 63 per cent of customers would feel comfortable being looked after by an unvaccinated carer, or having an unvaccinated carer look after a

Hardly surprising, but why are 'carers' allowed to carry on 'caring' if they're unvaccinated.
We don't employ blind airline pilots or toddlers as firefighters because it'd f***ing dangerous!! I'd put unvaccinated 'carers' in the same category.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 24, 2021, 10: AM
Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on July 23, 2021, 09: PM

Hardly surprising, but why are 'carers' allowed to carry on 'caring' if they're unvaccinated.
We don't employ blind airline pilots or toddlers as firefighters because it'd f***ing dangerous!! I'd put unvaccinated 'carers' in the same category.
Moot argument. The vaccines do not stop or prevent transmission.

Inspector Knacker

No....but they do reduce the severity of the virus massively.
So called 'carers' who are obviously quite prepared to risk their patients health for whatever reason shouldn't be in the job and all because they won't be vaccinated.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 24, 2021, 01: PM
No....but they do reduce the severity of the virus massively.
So called 'carers' who are obviously quite prepared to risk their patients health for whatever reason shouldn't be in the job and all because they won't be vaccinated.
Again, (to the best of my knowledge) that's a moot point.

As far as I'm aware, carers who do not have the vaccine will not be risking their patients health in anyway whatsoever.....

Perhaps missing I am something though? I am open to information that shows otherwise?

Lucy Lass-Tick

As I understand it, it may well reduce the viral load (at the very least).

Inspector Knacker

I suspect you're being rather pedantic about this point.
If unvaccinated people present no problem why have we had a massive vaccination programme....?
Let's apply good old down to earth common sense and forget the theoretical considerations.
What you're advocating is like saying there's hundreds of Great White sharks off Seaton beach but they haven't eaten anyone yet, so logically they're completely harmless .....while ignoring that that's because no one will go in the water while they're there.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 24, 2021, 09: PM
I suspect you're being rather pedantic about this point.
If unvaccinated people present no problem why have we had a massive vaccination programme....?
Let's apply good old down to earth common sense and forget the theoretical considerations.
What you're advocating is like saying there's hundreds of Great White sharks off Seaton beach but they haven't eaten anyone yet, so logically they're completely harmless .....while ignoring that that's because no one will go in the water while they're there.
This forum has a lengthy history of pedantry, of which you have often been a part!!

For years politicians have been called out on here for their illogical decisions. Yet here we are now, faced with a seemingly illogical decision, that has huge ramifications, yet you appear to be backing up that decision, even though it defies the logic of the information that has been made available to us?? Why the sudden U-turn?

What you appear to be saying is that the care staff should be vaccinated regardless of their own personal wishes, thoughts, or concerns, even though there is no evidence to suggest that having those staff vaccinated will offer any extra protection to the people under their care.....

Are you actually able to (preferably without using another moot and irrelevant comparison) defy the logic of my point?

Inspector Knacker

In this instance ..... yes. It's a no brainer.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 24, 2021, 11: PM
Well, that clarifies that then......  ???

That's basically a 'because I said so' response.

Inspector Knacker

Look, like two  dreadnoughts firing marshmallow shells at each other, we're not going to make a dent in each other's viewpoint, so let's leave it at that . ;D

akarjl2

Quote from: diSme on July 25, 2021, 12: AM

I find it all a bit odd. When I first went to sea in 1974 you had to have Cholera, Yellow Fever jabs and take anti malarial tablets.

If you were not prepared to do so then you were not employed.

If you were joining a ship that was bound for a port requiring Yellow fever jabs and were not prepared to have the jab then you were removed from the vessel and sacked.

If you work in an industry were you come into close contact with others you should be required to have the jabs. Or loose your job.

As stated the jabs do to prevent infection but they significantly reduce the effects it would appear, reducing the need for hospilization and possible ICU. You can still get covid and feel like sh**e for a week but you probably won't die.

So what right do these muppets and ethnic minorities have to risk clogging up the NHS system and beds taking valuable resources away from operations etc? Why because the likes of David Icke ( who lets remember advises us the queen is a lizard) thinks along with wearing a tin foil hat covid is a conspiracy to control us? Or that there is a conspiracy to kill off certain ethnic groups? In Londanistan these groups seem to be managing that fine themselves without any government assistance.

Speak to someone who's choking to death in ICU after "declining" a vaccination .

The divvies who with their CSE in woodwork know better than a professor of medicine will hopefully slowly catch it and die quickly- a form of natural selection.

Unfortunately they also place others at risk.

It should be no jab? Your choice....

No entry to shops bars restaurants
No Public transport, flights or ferries
No sporting events

and...no NHS treatment.

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: akarjl2 on July 25, 2021, 12: PM
Quote from: diSme on July 25, 2021, 12: AM

I find it all a bit odd. When I first went to sea in 1974 you had to have Cholera, Yellow Fever jabs and take anti malarial tablets.

If you were not prepared to do so then you were not employed.

If you were joining a ship that was bound for a port requiring Yellow fever jabs and were not prepared to have the jab then you were removed from the vessel and sacked.

If you work in an industry were you come into close contact with others you should be required to have the jabs. Or loose your job.

I used to be responsible for inspecting nucleonic devices on a regular basis. When I first reported there was this procedure that appeared to me a bit over the top. I asked the big man if it was all really necessary.
He replied " ...if you don't want to do it, you can ride out on the horse you rode in on!!'.
I complied. ;D