Seaton Prom.

Started by Inspector Knacker, June 29, 2021, 08: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Down every day with the Norwegian terrier and wonder if the Council would mind installing speed humps or just call it Seaton Velodrome.
I was a cyclist for years and the majority of cyclists respect the other users of the promenade, but there's a driven knot of Lycra loons who must surely be fantasising they're partaking in the Tour de Seaton, tear a**ing selfishly along as though they own the place, trying to get through their own personal pain barrier.
I have to admit I have a personal stake in this as while talking to a friend with my terrier beside me one shot past that close he went over his tail and injuring him. Now he has a defensive phobia when bikes approach him. Thanks for nowt.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

eddy

You dont realise how important it is for them to get that top score on Strava though, racing people they have never met

I am a keen cyclist but dont really understand why you would want to race along the prom, something does need to be done

diSme

I have no issue with people cycling on pathways/promenades etc. as long as they are courteous and give way to pedestrians accordingly.

I've experienced the odd tosser on a bike myself whilst I've been out walking with my dogs, one or two of which have ended up regretting not being a little more respectful towards me....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: eddy on June 29, 2021, 12: PM
You dont realise how important it is for them to get that top score on Strava though, racing people they have never met

I am a keen cyclist but dont really understand why you would want to race along the prom, something does need to be done
It's the attitude that gets me.... the 'get out of my way' arrogance. You can tell half of them have spent a kings ransom for the bike and the ....must have/wear/ be seen accessories, dressing up like Mr Ben in a bike shop.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 29, 2021, 04: PM
Quote from: eddy on June 29, 2021, 12: PM

It's the attitude that gets me.... the 'get out of my way' arrogance. You can tell half of them have spent a kings ransom for the bike and the ....must have/wear/ be seen accessories, dressing up like Mr Ben in a bike shop.

Visions in Lycra ...  :o

Inspector Knacker

I saw one chubby middle aged bloke who'd splashed the cash to get fit, but even Lycra has it's stretch limits, he looked like a sweating black pudding.

diSme

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 30, 2021, 01: PM
I saw one chubby middle aged bloke who'd splashed the cash to get fit, but even Lycra has it's stretch limits, he looked like a sweating black pudding.
Is it weird that this post makes me feel hungry......
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

Hmmmmmm, black pudding and bacon sandwiches with a mug of tea.👍🐷🐖☕️

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 30, 2021, 09: PM
Hmmmmmm, black pudding and bacon sandwiches with a mug of tea.👍🐷🐖☕️

No way ... bacon, mushrooms & tomatoes make up the perfect sarnie.

Grumblstiltskin

Mamil, Middle Aged Men In Lycra

Inspector Knacker

I was walking along the pavement taking the dog back to the car opposite the Staincliffe last week when a voice behind me said " move over please"...... and again " could you move over please" I turned to be confronted by a man on a bike wobbling precariously at slow speed...I snapped and told him what he could do at 6.45 in the morning, even the dog put his paws in his ears (well he would if he could) .... he turned around and returned I presume from whence he came.
Seriously, the promenades where you tear a**e along by your birthright, scattering people, not the pavement.
I suppose the concept of using the roadreally is asking a little bit too much of them.....?