The BIG CITY.

Started by Inspector Knacker, July 13, 2021, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

See they're at it yet again, Middlesbrough Council have surveyed the public to see if they should apply for City status and they apparently supported the move. They've had this egotistic fixation for years, they've reportedly offered the 'Freedom of the City' (that's not a city) to Gareth Southgate, opportunistic or not...?
They seem to see themselves as Teesside's leaders and have this driven belief in a divine right to be top dogs and don't mind elbowing anyone out of the way on their rush to the front of queue.
It if it ever happened they'd be insufferable and milk it till it ran dry.
Why doesn't our Council survey the Hartlepool public to see if we'd like to be a tropical paradise...or even Jersey....? ;D
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Middlesbrough being an enticing metropolis, no doubt? From the glories of Grangetown to sun kissed South Bank ...

diSme

Not exactly my idea of an enticing place to want to visit....
I believe everything and nothing

Inspector Knacker

I mentioned this to someone who said "City?.... don't you mean sh**ty". I wish I'd said that ;D.
Well there's always the Transporter, the worlds oldest and largest bungee jumping platform.

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 13, 2021, 10: AM
They seem to see themselves as Teesside's leaders and have this driven belief in a divine right to be top dogs

Well it's not as if they have to climb high to keep on top.

Do pass another sour grape, they're great.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on July 14, 2021, 08: AM

Well it's not as if they have to climb high to keep on top.

Do pass another sour grape, they're great.

I never knew they were on top, thinking they are as opposed to actually being there has always pays frustrated them and you seem to suffer from their complaint.
As for 'sour grapes'.....? Don't tell me they get touchy if mocked.

Topcat

I always thought that to be a City it needed to have a Cathedral,or is it a case of what came first like the chicken or the egg?

The Great Dictator

Will it be twinned with Islamabad ?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Quote from: Topcat on July 15, 2021, 08: AM
I always thought that to be a City it needed to have a Cathedral,or is it a case of what came first like the chicken or the egg?

The original criteria to be called a 'city' was that it had a cathedral.

akarjl2

Quote from: The Great Dictator on July 15, 2021, 09: AM

Will it be twinned with Islamabad ?

Bit late Murry St already twinned......
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Topcat on July 15, 2021, 08: AM
Actually they do have one, one of those modern ones at Coulby Newham, it looks like an health centre, it ain't Durham.

Grumblstiltskin

Ahh, the bright lights of Chicargo Fleet

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on July 13, 2021, 10: AM
They've had this egotistic fixation for years, they've reportedly offered the 'Freedom of the City' (that's not a city) to Gareth Southgate, opportunistic or not...?

Quoting my own post, they make their 'opportunistic' offer to Gareth and then England crash and burn in the final.
That Midas touch in reverse continues to shine out like a beacon of doom. ;D