whitby st

Started by kevplumb, January 22, 2021, 10: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

stokoe

Why didn't they put the new council bungalows down there instead of Tanfield rd which is all private fukcing idiots

Topcat

So another Hartlepool listed building has been left to decay until there is nothing left to do but demolish it ,what will be next to join the list of those already lost The Shades ? The Wesley ? The Odeon ? Maybe even the Grand Hotel will go by the same route in the near future.

stokoe

As somebody said on here if it had been labour been hell on,all the same the tawts.

mk1

Quote from: stokoe on January 23, 2021, 10: PM
As somebody said on here if it had been labour been hell on,
As has been pointed out many here who screamed loudest over the years  about Labour corruption did a total about face when a Council was elected that represented their political views. Now they  automatically defend everything Shane does.   They pretended they were against Council corruption but in fact they were just irrational  labour-haters using the Post to their own political ends.

Remember the days when £5000 in Councillors expenses was seen as a bad move?

Quote from: fred c on May 05, 2015, 12: PM

The biggest winner in 2014 was Councillor Ray Martin Wells, the Leader of the Conservative Group. The SRA for Chair of Audit and Governance went from £4037 in 2013 to £5825 in 2014, a whopping uplift of over 44% a nice little earner if ever there was one, those figures certainly go some way to explaining why it pays to back Labour in the council chamber.

Compare that to the current view where £8000 is considered poverty wages
https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1876251365868185/?comment_id=1876315352528453&reply_comment_id=1876319709194684

Inspector Knacker

Oh dear, for years the town has been stagnating under the Labour excuse for leadership. Money splashed on vanity projects year on year and nothing of note to show for it. A bit like buying a top of the range hot tub while your roof blew off years ago and turning a blind eye to it, yet you have the nerve to blame the new tenants. The new tenants may not be perfect but the damage was done and ignored years ago.
Funny, but it never hurts anyone to pedantically trash the opponents of their new found political fetish.
Beware of the political flea jumping from one political dead dog to another.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 23, 2021, 06: PM
but it never hurts anyone to pedantically trash the opponents of their new found political fetish.
Beware of the political flea jumping from one political dead dog to another.

I agree 100%. That is why I blame ALL politicians of ALL parties AND SUPPORT OR PROMOTE none of them.
Look to those  those who threw themselves behind Tice and when that ship hit the iceberg they jumped on the Boris bandwagon and are now enthusiastic Conservative supporters.   
As for The Market building the place is an eyesore. Well past its sell-by date. It has always been a puzzle to me why 'Church Street' is considered important to the towns 'heritage. Even in the 1970s it was a rough area with violence the norm and hordes of staggering drunks fighting over taxis. Very down-market with one of the biggest knocking -shops  in the area (The Devon) catering for the visiting sailors. They should have done what Max Lock recommended and move all everything west of Stockton Road and put industrial units  to the east.

Inspector Knacker

Until day day dawns and this town, like Darlington, learns to become a marginal, we'll drift along ignored. All politicians are there to be used by the electorate.
I find it hard, in fact bordering on the staggeringly naive to begin to believe your cries of neutrality.

mk1

I find it hard, in fact bordering on the staggeringly naive to begin to believe your cries of neutrality.

That because you are of the 'if you 'aint with us you are 'agin us/winner takes all ' mindset.
I believe deeply committed people with strongly held views (aka 'principles') are the problem. Winning  is not enough for these people. They think they have to completely crush 'the enemy'
Compromise is the only  way forward . Win some and lose some but  live a happier less combative life.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on March 23, 2021, 06: PM

That because you are of the 'if you 'aint with us you are 'agin us/winner takes all ' mindset.
I believe deeply committed people with strongly held views (aka 'principles') are the problem. Winning  is not enough for these people. They think they have to completely crush 'the enemy'
Compromise is the only  way forward . Win some and lose some but  live a happier less combative life.

Seriously?...... this is all getting a bit Alice in Wonderland now. Those attributes you've highlighted are surely a tad more home grown.
'Crush the enemy'.....'compromise'....'less combative life'........ this is comedy gold.