Is the post now dead?

Started by Grumblstiltskin, January 09, 2021, 02: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumblstiltskin

I used to enjoy a read, now it's tumbleweed in the breeze

kevplumb

probably because there it bot all hapenning at the moment  ;)
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Tee_Ess_25er

TBH I think it is more down to short sighted admins slowly banning all those that disagreed with them for supposed infractions of the rules while at the same time those members that did agree with the admins where given free reign to do what they wanted.  In the end you just give up.

It also seems that the sun shines out of Shane Moores ar5e and to say otherwise is sacriledge.

But heyho there is always the Post FB page, the fkin height of intellectual conversation.

admin

For the record - hardly anyone has been banned from this forum. If we can't trust someone (or they're getting a bit OTT) they may be put on pre-mod. (which is simply post approval). We don't have any particular political allegiances - and all opinions are welcome (as long as they don't breach legal stuff). It's more a question of 'how you say it' rather than the content which has led to a very small number of people being out on pre-mod. PS Since the tragic death of SteveL there's only been one active admin. on here - and I've only one pair of hands.

diSme

Quote from: admin on January 12, 2021, 12: PM
For the record - hardly anyone has been banned from this forum. If we can't trust someone (or they're getting a bit OTT) they may be put on pre-mod. (which is simply post approval). We don't have any particular political allegiances - and all opinions are welcome (as long as they don't breach legal stuff). It's more a question of 'how you say it' rather than the content which has led to a very small number of people being out on pre-mod. PS Since the tragic death of SteveL there's only been one active admin. on here - and I've only one pair of hands.

May I ask as to how the forum is funded?

It's a shame to see it so quiet, however it's understandable at the moment. Hopefully it will become relevant again in the near future....
I believe everything and nothing

admin

How's the forum funded? When busier there was a residual  income from Google ads. - that paid for the web hosting fees. The kitty's since run dry & the forum isnow being paid for out of personal funds.

mk1

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on January 11, 2021, 08: AM

But heyho there is always the Post FB page, the fkin height of intellectual conversation.

A recent gem:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/273708489455822/permalink/1872365729590082/?comment_id=1872526982907290

this tax comes under the Local Government Finance Act 1992. All acts require consent to be given the force of law, they are rules and regulations of society. They are not law. There is no law requiring anybody to pay tax of any kind. All taxes are made out to a legal body, Mr,Mrs whoever and not to the human being. This is why many judgements made in court with regards to council tax usually fall apart at the very beginning if the person defending themselves understands the law. Because the tax is against a piece of paper (birth certificate) and if there is no human to represent the legal fiction then there is nobody to pay. You presented many legal arguments for the tax but no lawful argument. As you are aware all acts fall under marine law (law of the sea) and have no power on land where common law (law of the land) is the power. These acts all require consent, and to say otherwise is being untruthful is it not?

This was first brought up here a few years back:

http://hptimbral.hartlepoolpost.co.uk/index.php/topic,3159.msg32442.html#msg32442

It is the 'Legal Name Fiction' and these people believe a Birth Certificate is a way for a Government to 'own' its citizens as property and if forced to identify themselves   they  claim they are 'an authorised representative of the legal entity (insert their birth name)'

They believe all courts operate under 'Maritime Law' and that as they only recognise Common Law' they can not be convicted of anything.

This is one of these crackpots in action at court  :

https://youtu.be/P4bpAxJqkcE?t=139

his screams at 3m:46s and his strop at 7m:10s are hilarious.  I feel sorry for his poor wife and child in the background throughout the charade.
In the USA these people are 10 times as crazy and armed. Called 'The Soveriegn Citizens' they have actually killed Police Officers in pursuit of their cause.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on January 11, 2021, 08: AM
TBH I think it is more down to short sighted admins slowly banning all those that disagreed with them for supposed infractions of the rules while at the same time those members that did agree with the admins where given free reign to do what they wanted.  In the end you just give up.
Do you really mean the people you agreed with were allegedly 'banned' and the people you didn't agree with weren't....?
Er, ..... isn't that what you're accusing admin of.....?
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

I am reminded what Rupert Murdoch said when he was accused of being a right-wing propagandist. He said his newspapers were entirely independent and the editors could print anything they wanted because he made sure he  only employed  editors who you knew were conservative reactionaries.
You just rig the rules and then by default you get your echo chamber.

PS
Murdoch's claim he never pressured his editors over content was disputed by Andrew Neil who as a Murdoch editor, was made to run stories he knew were political propaganda.

admin

Very few are banned on this forum. Sorry to disappoint.

mk1

Quote from: admin on March 24, 2021, 07: PM

How many applications to join are rejected?

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on March 24, 2021, 07: PM

Why are you concerned about this? The door is wide open if you are not happy, try that old style dance combination ....foxtrot Oscar .

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on March 24, 2021, 07: PM

Whose 'applications'....? Anyone we know. To ask the question you must know some of the alleged rejects.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Bit of a Riddle i suppose but who used to be vocal on forum and is absent....

i had a few months off because Mk0 was basically talking sH*te every day...but came back wig him wigerously when he kicks off. Not much else to do in a lockdown....