Happy new year 2021.

Started by The Great Dictator, January 01, 2021, 01: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Great Dictator

Four weeks of inactivity on this site proves that aggressive remarks have a negative effect on those wanting to comment.

Lets see if we can be more pleasant this year and considerate in our approach, it would be a shame to lose what we have after so many years.

Many thanks to admin for their time and efforts, we can only hope we are still here in 2022 to continue.

diSme

Quote from: The Great Dictator on January 01, 2021, 01: PM

Four weeks of inactivity on this site proves that aggressive remarks have a negative effect on those wanting to comment.

Lets see if we can be more pleasant this year and considerate in our approach, it would be a shame to lose what we have after so many years.

Many thanks to admin for their time and efforts, we can only hope we are still here in 2022 to continue.
Very well said. I absolutely agree.

Happy New Year everyone.
I believe everything and nothing

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on January 01, 2021, 01: PM

Lets see if we can be more pleasant this year and considerate in our approach,

I think present-day culture has no place for serious and balanced discussion of political views. Once a 'side' gains a majority of members then it is inevitable this will attract followers of the majority view who will slowly squeeze out 'the enemy' and make it an echo chamber. It was like that on the post right from the start.  'Corrupt' Labour were the target and though some of the more corrupt  culprits did post here they soon got sick of the relentless abuse and walked. Eventually even the not-so-corrupt Labour members saw the writing on the wall and moved to or set up  friendlier and equally biased (but biased their way) forums. There was an attempt by some more extreme elements to take over The Post (by UKIP & the like) but it failed because the infiltrators were, to put it mildly, not the sharpest knives in the box and instead of gaining control they gained only ridicule & contempt.
What saddened me the most was they way members here who railed against Labour corruption totally ignored the corruption brought in by the people they voted for. Shane duplicated exactly  they way the SCABs did business but never got called out for it.  I remember the way Dirk was praised because he brought up an old Corbyn quote and it was extensively replied to in the vein of 'what a two faced snake he is'. However when Riddle did the exact same thing a few days later with an old Shane quote that proved Shane was also a 'two faced snake' he was relentlessly attacked with the defence 'can't a man change his mind' excuses. 

Quote from: The Great Dictator on January 01, 2021, 01: PMit would be a shame to lose what we have after so many years.

It was lost a while back. There is no will to hold the current council to any real scrutiny. If no one is looking for the dirt, if no one wants to hear the dirt and if no one wants to publish the dirt then a board that is supposed to highlight Council duplicity seems to be pointless. That torch has passed to  Hartlepool Borough Council Exposed and though he does his best its not in the league of the old Steve & Riddle way.
If you look at the stats 

the  forum has steadily declined since May 2019 (Local Elections-Labour out) and has lost over half its views and 2/3rds of its new posts and new topic since then.