York Road.

Started by Inspector Knacker, September 11, 2020, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

So..... it's to be closed to all but buses, bikes and taxis between 10am and 4pm on a trial basis.
Trial basis or testing the water...?
Stockton Street , Wooler Road/Catcote Road and several quiet streets may become a bit busier, as the displaced traffic will have to go somewhere.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

There is no need to have that section of York Road open for cars. It should have been pedestrianised years ago. On Fridays it is so full of traffic it might as well be closed and if you want cheap amusement can sit and  watch all the selfish cars cross over the York Rd/Grange Rd junction who,  even though it is blocked ahead, go across  and they then block all traffic from the side of the junction.  Use Stockton Street you lazy buggers!

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 11, 2020, 07: PM
So..... it's to be closed to all but buses, bikes and taxis between 10am and 4pm on a trial basis.
Trial basis or testing the water...?
Stockton Street , Wooler Road/Catcote Road and several quiet streets may become a bit busier, as the displaced traffic will have to go somewhere.

I sense a vision coming on involving fancy art work, palm trees and outdoor eateries with people enjoying the balmy autumn nights sat at tables social distancing.

You can tell who on here plods around the town or climbs on busses ( free bus pass obviously) to try and prove a point....it is obviously an idea that originated with the bong eyed loonies - surely they should just ban cars completely from anything east of A19.....or bring back the man with red flag/horse and carts?

Things were much better int' good old, days bring back the birch I say! Must be a you tube video about that.....
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on September 12, 2020, 05: AM
bring back the birch I say! Must be a you tube video about that.....

Birch?
Birch?
Did somebody mention a Birch Tree?

Feast your eyes on this philistine, get some real kulture from our glorious Russian sisters......

https://vimeo.com/457178358

The Great Dictator

Closing that section of road will damage the retailers within it.

18000 cars see those shops everyday and know where to go back and book a holiday, fix their shoes, buy a pram.....etc etc etc.

mk1

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 12, 2020, 11: AM

Closing that section of road will damage the retailers within it.

18000 cars see those shops everyday and know where to go back and book a holiday, fix their shoes, buy a pram.....etc etc etc.

You can not stop in that section and you can not turn off it. It is nothing but a short-cut for cars. A lot  of the trouble is caused by selfish motorists who stop in the bus-bays and then 'pop over to the cash machine' and block the busses.  I am sure there are better uses for this section than a parade of free advertising for the shops within.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on September 12, 2020, 05: PM
You can not stop in that section and you can not turn off it. It is nothing but a short-cut for cars. A lot  of the trouble is caused by selfish motorists who stop in the bus-bays and then 'pop over to the cash machine' and block the busses.  I am sure there are better uses for this section than a parade of free advertising for the shops within.

Bollux

it will still be used by
buses= belching out fumes stuffed with bus pass users
Bikes- Lycra clad morons who think they own the road- have no training and more importantly no insurance
Taxis - Hoovering up drunks and druggies too/from the bars

I guess HBC will offer a massive reduction in business rates to anyone unfortunate enough to have a business on that section of road that will experience a drop in revenue due to a clowncil who cant even run themselfs trying to ruin their businesses?

mk1

Make the No 6 (and all busses)go down Grange Road, along Stockton Street in front of the college and back up Park road. Then they could grab a bit of the car Parks and make a real bus station.  Years ago most of the busses ran that way and up through Stranton.

The Great Dictator

Yes MK1 you cannot stop but the slow crawl makes drivers and passengers notice shops they may not have seen before, the landlords will be extremely worried about this foolish tactic.

akarjl2

Call me cynical but this smacks of the piglets wanting to stick their snouts into some trough offering money for cycle lanes to be constructed- which are never used by cyclists- like the ones on King Oswy Drive.

Are handouts available for clowncils who build cycle paths ?

Have Mr and Mrs, Craneosoaurus, the drunk driver and the other leeches at Fawlty Towers developed a sudden interest in Lycra and sweaty bums?

There is no way they will be spending clowncil money on this muppetry - and if they are they should be challenged and publicly humiliated.....well ok publicly humiliated AGAIN.

Standby for artwork of cyclists visiting cycle shops in the middle of winter on York road......then having their mountain bikes knicked.

Johnny Bongo

The road sign placed at the Park Rd/York Rd junction is headed 'Covid 19'. Can anyone explain the link between Covid 19 and closing this stretch of road? 

mk1

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on September 14, 2020, 09: PM
The road sign placed at the Park Rd/York Rd junction is headed 'Covid 19'. Can anyone explain the link between Covid 19 and closing this stretch of road?
I believe (do not quote me) that the rationale is road closed so more room for shoppers to  maintain 'distance' from each other. It is a Boris diktat.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on September 15, 2020, 06: AM
Quote from: Johnny Bongo on September 14, 2020, 09: PM
I believe (do not quote me) that the rationale is road closed so more room for shoppers to  maintain 'distance' from each other. It is a Boris diktat.

I still think there is some money in the trough ....

The Great Dictator

Having experienced the traffic department at council on many levels I can tell you that they will think of any lame excuse or even blatantly lie to have a road closed

and when it does it will never open again.

If COVID is the reason then it is just a convenient excuse because shoppers in York Road are few and far between, schools and pubs are far more populated.

Should I or any other trader at the south side of York Rd. wish to visit the north of the town we will either use the over populated road in Stockton St. or the rat run

of Osborne/St.Pauls Rd. where many residents including children cross those back roads constantly therefore it will become the responsibility of Shane Moore and the traffic officers

if there is a serious accident or a fatality.

akarjl2

Quote from: The Great Dictator on September 15, 2020, 11: AM
Shane Mxxxx and the traffic officers

Well Shane is no traffic officer but no doubt has plenty of experience with the traffic department as a 2 x convicted drunk driver.

He's a disgrace who should not be in the position he is in.