York Road.

Started by Inspector Knacker, September 11, 2020, 07: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diSme

This morning York road, while a little quieter than normal, still had plenty of regular traffic using it. It seems people were just basically ignoring the signs.

Bloody stupid idea anyway if you ask me. How can this hairbrained scheme make social distancing any easier? It's not as though people are going to be able to walk along the road. And as others have pointed out, the displaced traffic will have to go somewhere potentially increasing the risk of an accident in the more pedestrianised rat run streets that don't have crossings.

I've ceased being amazed at the idiocy running this town.
I believe everything and nothing

The Great Dictator

Its utter nonsense, the officers have been trying to close it for 30 years but councillors have always rejected it.

It will slow traffic down badly on all other main roads, I have pointed this out to Shane but he seems to think that the officers have our interests at heart.

I will be using the road as normal as I class myself as a service vehicle [bit like a taxi] and I cross town at least 10 times a day in my job.

Who are the councillors for St.Pauls Rd and Osborne Rd ?

mk1

I checked the research done on Pedestrianisation. It would appear that, contrary to popular belief, when an area is made traffic-free footfall either stays the same or increases. The overwhelming majority of studies done worldwide agree on this point.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on September 26, 2020, 08: PM
I checked the research done on Pedestrianisation.

...of course you did.....::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)::) ::)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Devils advocate

Quote from: mk1 on September 26, 2020, 08: PM
I checked the research done on Pedestrianisation. It would appear that, contrary to popular belief, when an area is made traffic-free footfall either stays the same or increases. The overwhelming majority of studies done worldwide agree on this point.

All research on pedestrianisation done pre-pandemic.
So pointless you doing the research really, wasn't it?

mk1

Quote from: Devils advocate on September 29, 2020, 10: AM

All research on pedestrianisation done pre-pandemic.
So pointless you doing the research really, wasn't it?
No. I gave the facts but unfortunately cannot make the horse drink.
However I do know which way the wind is blowing.

See the new style of pedestrianised roundabout.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-53947440

Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m8KwO_MmO4&ab_channel=TerryHarris

The car is no longer King.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on September 29, 2020, 06: PM

See the new style of pedestrianised roundabout.

...and where exactly are the roundabouts on York road?

Yawn more irrelevant drivel from our resident fence sitter..

When was the last time you drove in Holland?

I was driving around Rotterdam recently- roads much better than UK and traffic flow calm and controlled.

Believe it or not there is a WORLD out there should you choose to move off your fence......and no Youtube is not reality.

You really need to get out more.....then again that probably involves being on a bus with a pass.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....