The relentless drive for more Council Tax revenue............

Started by mk1, August 26, 2020, 08: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

https://hbcexposed.wixsite.com/mysite/fifty-million-shades-of-a-whitewash?fbclid=IwAR06Md-BI5J7xF24CTwPDRSGdbE0guqdxKgK-odm2d735oBwIflOUm6UJcM

The KISS version is that homes have deliberately been withheld from those who apply (with pending litigation over 1 such refusal to rent)because millions in grants are available to convert them into 'one bedroom flats'.  The sole reason for the conversion is to claim the gant money and not any demand for such properties. Its a profit-driven scheme with no regard to the loss of perfectly good houses and the Council are only too willing to facilitate the scam as it will increase their Council Tax income.

Ah for the good old days when you could call out such corruption instead of being forced into silence because you are only interested in criticising everything Labour.

Johnny Bongo

From what I have read so far, it just reinforces my belief that Councils, especially HBC, are lowlife scum, who prey on their population / residents instead of helping them and will do literally ANYTHING to get grants from the Government or any  organisation daft enough to offer it!  My second point, which some might say I'm being picky, is that there are some dreadful spelling and grammar mistakes in the article, which, to me, says that the author / journalist hasn't bothered to check his/her work...OR that he /she doesn't understand basic English grammar!  To me, this undermines the effectiveness of the point that they're trying to get across.  They've obviously been taught at the Kevin Cranney School of Hinglish!     

akarjl2

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Surely such vulnerable people are more likely to be receiving CT subsidies FROM HBC rather than contributing to the kitty?

mk1

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on August 27, 2020, 11: AM
Surely such vulnerable people are more likely to be receiving CT subsidies FROM HBC rather than contributing to the kitty?

You claim your council tax at the Civic but the Government pays.  Shane (the artiste formerly known as a Conservative, then  UKIP,  then Independent, then Brexit Party, and currently Independent -until the next bandwagon trundles onstage) is just continuing the discredited Labour policy of maximising Council Tax revenue above all else.  Same old councill, same old councillors and same old sweetheart deals for the same old  developers. Shane started posting  here years back as a very vocal  Ray Wells supporter (but not using his real name) however when Ray used his family (aka The local Conservative Party) to defenestrate Shane this love turned to hatred and contempt. Seems all is now forgiven and Wells is Shane's role model on Planning and  Ethics!

Inspector Knacker

It all sounded so nice till the mask dropped and your grovelling Uriah Heep Labour forelock tugging tendencies emerged. You have a pitifully short but selective memory when the previous regimes 'index of glory' is examined as you bathe the newly reborn Labour group in a dazzling whitewash of saintliness.
Oh dear. Lest we forget.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

akarjl2

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on September 11, 2020, 10: AM
It all sounded so nice till the mask dropped and your grovelling Uriah Heep Labour forelock tugging tendencies emerged. You have a pitifully short but selective memory when the previous regimes 'index of glory' is examined as you bathe the newly reborn Labour group in a dazzling whitewash of saintliness.
Oh dear. Lest we forget.

OK let's kill two birds with one stone....

I propose MK1 run for selection if MH is forced to resign should anything come of the allegations against him. Replace one waste of space with...well ok .....at least the replacement has knowledge of the town and can wander round the net harvesting sh**e.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....