Theresa May Speech today

Started by akarjl, January 17, 2017, 07: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl

1145-Well worth watching I would suspect.

Merkel and the rest of the European "leaders" will no doubt be seething at fact USA,Australia and New Zealand chomping at bit to sign up to trade with us. So much for Obama the liars "bottom of the list" comments.

It seems basically, as voted for UK are going to give Europe the finger....take control of our borders and of our country once again

Brave new world - bring it on!

Hartlepudlion

No doubt mk1 will call you a little Englander, racist and bigot - or words to that effect.

Interesting times.

mk1

akarjl

Quote from: Hartlepudlion on January 17, 2017, 08: AM
No doubt mk1 will call you a little Englander, racist and bigot - or words to that effect.

Interesting times.

Give it time..... :)

akarjl

:) Looks good to me! Jimmy Krankie will never give up- all the Scots I am working with at moment think she's a nutter, the welsh and the N.I know what side their breads buttered on.

Mays speech was excellent, basically party is over, close borders, stop paying into the EU p**s Pot and the European court can dream on.

What they need to do is reduce corporation tax to 10% or lower and turn UK into a giant Monaco.....then watch how many financial institutions leave?

Brexit and Trump, can't wait,worlds going to change and Europe will be arguing amongst themselves whilst we get on with rebuilding the country.

About time we binned the term "Brexit"...replace it with "Independence"..the majority voted out - irrespective of what courts and Europe say here we go.......finally.

mk1

Quote from: akarjl on January 17, 2017, 07: AM

Merkel and the rest of the European "leaders" will no doubt be seething at fact USA,Australia and New Zealand chomping at bit to sign up to trade with us. So much for Obama the liars "bottom of the list" comments..................

Did not quite work out did it?

Joe Biden is beholden to the Irish Lobby  so let us see how quickly Boris does a reverse ferret on the Irish Border.

akarjl2

Ahh MK1 care home given you a 5 pound data card? I was wondering where you were.......Fence sitting must be a bit boring as nobody here either side listens to anything you say anymore.....well apart from me as I'm between projects and bored senseless. ;)

Quote from: mk1 on November 07, 2020, 05: PM
Did not quite work out did it?

Actually it did - we are out, signing agreements and are fairing a lot better than many when it comes to trade.

The world changes = we should bin Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland......stand on our own ......drop tax and CT down to 10% and become the Monaco of the north.

Never understood why we bend over for the Jocks when they want independence .....

As for Wales......get on with it.

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

mk1

Quote from: akarjl2 on November 08, 2020, 10: AM
we are out, signing agreements and are fairing a lot better than many when it comes to trade.

AUGUST 12 2020

The UK economy suffered a bigger slump than any other major European economy in the second quarter, shrinking by a fifth and falling into its deepest recession on record.

Official data released on Wednesday showed that gross domestic product fell more than 20 per cent quarter on quarter, with widespread contractions across all sectors.

The figures confirm that the pandemic has hit the UK harder than other developed economies. The decline in UK GDP since the end of 2019 is double that in the US and second only to Spain among European peers. 

The UK compares especially badly with Germany, where GDP fell 11.9 per cent over the first half of the year, and with the US, which suffered a 10.6 per cent drop.

mk1

Claim:

"the context of social networks serving as amplifiers for idiots and crazy people is not what we intended,"

https://sports.yahoo.com/ex-google-ceo-eric-schmidt-011812392.html

Validation:

The world changes = we should bin Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland......stand on our own ......drop tax and CT down to 10% and become the Monaco of the north.

Never understood why we bend over for the Jocks when they want independence .....

Tee_Ess_25er

Well don't stop there.  I know Ealing Studios are no more but you must be able to find someone else to do a remake of Passport to Pimlico, although Passport to Seaton Carew doesn't really have the same ring to it does it.

mk1

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on November 08, 2020, 07: PM

Well don't stop there.  I know Ealing Studios are no more but you must be able to find someone else to do a remake of Passport to Pimlico, although Passport to Seaton Carew doesn't really have the same ring to it does it.

Check the plot for V For Vendetta:

In 2020, the world is in turmoil, with the United States fractured as a result of a second civil war and a pandemic of the "St. Mary's Virus" ravaging Europe.

We are almost there ..............

mk1

Bad start for Boris. He tries to suck-up to Biden but his past remarks are not forgotten

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/biden-boris-johnson-us-electio_uk_5fa7f179c5b623bfac50fa46

Given Biden's previous comment:

it was never going to end well for Boris. He was too far up Trump's ar*se.

Tee_Ess_25er

I forgot to ask, I semi regularly pass through SC on public transport, do I need to apply for a multiple entry working visa for this?

TIA

akarjl2

Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on November 09, 2020, 03: PM
I forgot to ask, I semi regularly pass through SC on public transport, do I need to apply for a multiple entry working visa for this?

TIA

I would better safe than sorry....... ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....