Hypocrites all

Started by grim reaper, June 29, 2020, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

Perhaps someone should tell Starkey about the shift in attitudes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53262668

Starkey said: "Slavery was not genocide otherwise There wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or Britain would there? An awful lot of them survived."

Another sacking on the horizon?

mk1

The full Starkey interview is on Youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tVjZ9hA4SQ

and it is much worse than a single  headline-grabbing slavery comment.
In his blinkered charge to denigrate all things black he blatantantly misrepresents the work of Mary Seacole

a black healer who did much good in the Crimean War at the same time as Florence Nightingale. He dismisses her with ' Whilst Nightingale was desperately trying to run a hospital, desperately trying to reform nursing............... Seacole was  running the Officers mess.

This is the Mary Seacole slander:
https://youtu.be/2tVjZ9hA4SQ?t=889

The reality is that Mary Seacole was turned down 4 times when she tried to join the nursing contingent for the Crimean War, turned down it seems for no other reason than she was black. So at her own expense she went there and set up her own business and, whilst running the business became a sutler/ Vivandière to the troops and treated everyone (at times under fire)  she came across  (French/Russian/British)  for free  She was hugely popular with the soldiers and remained so for the rest of her life. For some reason the supporters of Nightingale have routinely downplayed her contribution to the wounded and hint  she was actually running a knocking-shop for officers.

Starkey  is both a  liar and a vile disgusting man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Seacole

akarjl2

Perhaps you would like to pass comment on the aims of BLMUK?

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/ukblm-fund

Specifically:

QuoteDeveloping and delivering training, police monitoring and strategies for the abolition of police.

Then again I won't hold my breath because you have ignored all previous requests to do so.

Hows the piles whilst sitting on the fence?  ;)

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: admin on July 02, 2020, 08: PM
Appreciate that you appreciate the change in public perception.

Appreciate that you appreciate the change in admin and core users perception.

Fixed it for you

yvw

mk1

Starkey has jumped before he was pushed-good riddance to the awful man.

See here a very reasonable-looking and softly-spoken individual hint that there is going to have to be a 'strong' reaction to finally deal with  the 'lefties'.

https://youtu.be/6jvElenIm5Q?t=484

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on July 03, 2020, 03: PM
Starkey has jumped before he was pushed-good riddance to the awful man.

See here a very reasonable-looking and softly-spoken individual hint that there is going to have to be a 'strong' reaction to finally deal with  the 'lefties'.

https://youtu.be/6jvElenIm5Q?t=484

Starkey always came across as arrogant and delusional - basically an intelligent head case.......ooops can I say that? Intelligent but unbalanced?

Bit like anyone ( or group) that campaign , in a modern society for the abolished of the police ....crazy eh....ooops can I say that......not in contact with reality....there that's better...who or what would advocate that?  Will they be called out and shut down?

Don't hold your breath. Goose/gander sauce anyone?

I guess the fence is comfortable .......

mk1

Repugnant vile Starkey has now been dropped by his publishers.  He will have to find a new outlet for his disgusting views. I presume he will have more time to join Laurence Fox and the other gaggle  of loonies (N Farage, K. Hopkins, Anne Marie Waters etc)  preaching hatred  on Youtube

HarperCollins has dropped David Starkey as an author, saying that the racist views the bestselling historian expressed in a recent interview were "abhorrent".

On Thursday, Starkey told the rightwing commentator Darren Grimes that "slavery was not genocide, otherwise there wouldn't be so many damn blacks in Africa or in Britain would there? You know, an awful lot of them survived."

Following widespread condemnation – former chancellor Sajid Javid described the comments as racist and "a reminder of the appalling views that still exist" in Britain, while the historian David Olusoga said they were "truly disgusting" – HarperCollins UK said it would not be publishing any further books by Starkey.

A spokesperson for Hodder & Stoughton, which published Starkey's 2015 book Magna Carta, said it would also not publish him again: "We unequivocally condemn racism in any form. We published a book by David Starkey in 2015 as a one off project to mark the 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta to coincide with a TV documentary. We will not be publishing any further books by him."

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on July 05, 2020, 09: PM
more time to join Laurence Fox

Ahh another fellow looney? Someone else who has attracted the attention of our illustrious ethical standards monitor.

No comments about Lewis Hamilton taking the knee...dressed in black driving a black car, no comments about Mercedes and slavery? Wonder what would have happened if others had driven a white car dressed in white.....cue random YouTube vid...

STILL no comment about aims of BLMUK........wonder why that is?

grim reaper

There's no need to wonder why we don't have reference to the likes of Hamilton, blm uk etc. because they don't fit into his myopic narrative.

Likewise the recent 1000s of blacks in London throwing stones and bottles at the handful of police trying to stop an illegal 'rave'.
White policemen/women injured by the missiles but hey, only black lives matter.

If it had been white football fans throwing stones at blacks, he would have been all over it like a rash, including his BLOWN UP PHOTOS and 'SHOUTY' vernacular.

The popular buzz word at the moment for the lefty pond-life is 'slavery'.
However, notice how our resident 'Piers Morgan' and his ilk, make no mention of the 1000,s of Asian, Bulgarian, Romanian women slaving away in sweatshops in, amongst others places, Leicester. This was reported in most of the weekend papers.
Some of the women are reported to be on less than £5 an hour.

Looking at the internal photos of the 'factories', health and safety come way down the list of requirements.
Are these people being paid cash in hand? Do they have liability insurance?

One Asian owner of a 'factory' stated it is the only way he can compete with the 'big boys'.
THIS is slavery today and yet it is allowed to go on, as it has for years, because to try to end it would result in being termed 'racist'.

Make no mistake, blm uk is a money making machine, with 'hidden' people behind it. It is another 'Black Panther' movement, which was proscribed in the 70s.

Wanting to defund the police, shut down prisons, end capitalism and what they stupidly term 'white supremacy' is anarchy, pure and simple.

'White supremacy'? Have you noticed how many tv presenters, newsreaders etc are black? Have you noticed how many blacks feature in almost every advert on tv?
As they are only 13% of the population, there are an inordinate amount of blacks on our tv screens.
Does it bother me? NO. It only comes to mind when these lefty windbags call out 'white supremacy'.

So no, you won't get answers about Hamilton etc. from 'Piers', just his bigoted, lefty, myopic 'shouty' rants. 
It is the likes of him and blm uk that ferment unrest between blacks and whites.

akarjl2

Quote from: grim reaper on July 06, 2020, 10: AM
'White supremacy'? Have you noticed how many tv presenters, newsreaders etc are black? Have you noticed how many blacks feature in almost every advert on tv?
As they are only 13% of the population, there are an inordinate amount of blacks on our tv screens.
Does it bother me? NO. It only comes to mind when these lefty windbags call out 'white supremacy'.

So no, you won't get answers about Hamilton etc. from 'Piers', just his bigoted, lefty, myopic 'shouty' rants. 
It is the likes of him and blm uk that ferment unrest between blacks and whites.

Amazing I am so brainwashed after years of being told BLM MORE that even the mention of the word Black or Blacks seems wrong.....

I suspect most people couldn't give a rats what colour someone is.....what they do give a rats about is so called positive discrimination AKA DISCRIMINATION.

MK1 is not someone we need to take much notice of as he has no actual opinion....and ignores real issues/questions.

mk1

Leafing through the current Viz I was struck by the uncanny  likeness of a certain bong-eyed looney fruitcake  character to certain individuals here:

The apoplectic rage, the tenuous grasp of history and the blatant distortion of facts-if it were me lads I would immediately consult a lawyer and sue Viz for  using your 'likeness' without permission. I think a case for defamation would be hard to pursue as  the depiction appears  slightly more left-leaning than your own extreme views.

Viz operates on many levels. I like this sly reference to a recent 'Warrior of the right' caught on camera parading his mind-boggling ignorance for all the world to laugh at.

So BLT, BHM or BHS? Which is it?

Lucy Lass-Tick

Remember Viz in the early days when it could be bought in obscure pubs in Newcastle's least salubrious places.

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on July 06, 2020, 09: PM
Leafing through the current Viz

As you do when you cant find anything "relevant" on YouTube.

QuoteIf it were me lads

Bit sexist what's gender got to do with anything?

Quotesue Viz for  using your 'likeness' without permission.

Why? You cant beat a bit of free publicity.... ;)

QuoteSo BLT, BHM or BHS? Which is it?

Come come let's not get ahead of ourselves you are still bottling it with regards to the BLMUK manifesto.....as a supporter perhaps you would like to address the concerns about their aims?

Thought so.....back to reading comics sat on your fence.