eh

Started by kevplumb, June 25, 2020, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

diSme

I can't get my head around the amount of money needed just to draw up a plan.

Regardless of outcome, will we ever get to see a breakdown of what the planning money was spent on exactly? I doubt it...
I believe everything and nothing

kevplumb

in days gone by you drew up the plan on the back of a senior service packet
you all got together and worked it out on the site
rough cost an hour a man
then the job got done
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

akarjl2

Easy solution pull the town centre down and move any viable businesses to Tees retail park on Brenda Road. Re developing the town centre ( charity shops) would be as viable as re developing Lynn Street.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

kevplumb

you got that down brother ;)

Inspector Knacker

Admit it, no one draws up a unicorn development plan like our lot. The brilliance of it is it tells you sod all. There's never any specific points, just waffle and vagueness of Olympian levels used.
We'll see what comes of it.....like the tide, they ebb and flow on a regular basis.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Topcat

I'm looking forward to seeing the artist's impression of the completed master plan. They must have enough of them now to paper the Civic Centre with pretty pictures.

Inspector Knacker

It'll be some Quixotic utopian fantasy. Sublimely heedless of criticism,.they pop up like demented merekats they pop up to sniff the air for signs of a grant in the wind.
Trouble is, they have Champagne plans and lemonade capability.
I expect Church Street will need remodelling again, Stockton Street redone, then there's the aspiration for a National Museum, enter the ....... Skip Museum UK. Then they wonder why it flopped. ;D
Vision needed urgently.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.