Covidiots At it everywhere

Started by akarjl2, May 08, 2020, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mk1

https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c259-4ca4-9a82-648ffde71bf0

From https://www.ft.com/content/6b4c784e-c259-4ca4-9a82-648ffde71bf0

The timing of lockdowns relative to the spread of the virus had a significant effect on the total level of excess deaths, the data show.

Countries such as Germany and Norway, which imposed restrictions when the spread of the virus was limited, suffered much lower levels of additional deaths than those in the UK where the government waited longer before ordering a lockdown................The FT analysis shows that the UK's excess deaths figure remains the highest whether younger people are excluded or the analysis is limited to pensioners

We can thank Cummings for this because it was he who decided we could afford to let the old die:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-cummings/uks-cummings-denies-too-bad-quote-on-pensioners-dying-from-coronavirus-idUSKBN21A17M

LONDON (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson's senior adviser on Monday denied a weekend newspaper report that he had prioritized herd immunity and the economy in the coronavirus crisis at the expense of pensioners dying.

The Sunday Times reported that Dominic Cummings at the end of February had outlined the government's strategy as "herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad."

When asked by Reuters if he had said the quote attributed to him and whether the report was accurate, Cummings said:"No. Of course not. No."

and Boris only went into reverse ferret when the death toll started rising much faster than predicted
Note also the textbook MRD Applies here : Cummings said:"No. Of course not. No."

mk1

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8387971/Britain-announces-coronavirus-deaths.html

Britain announces 176 more coronavirus deaths as daily data shows Covid-19 is still killing more people in the UK than in the rest of the EU combined.........................

The newspaper is The Daily Mail, favourite paper of the commie, lefty vegetarian sandal-wearing tree-huggers.
After the Boris -bashing they managed to slip in a few digs at Labour-the temptation was too great.

A poll also revealed children in the north are missing out on an education as Labour-run councils refuse to allow schools to reopen.....................a large number of Labour-run councils refused to let their schools open.

Topcat

I would say that everything depends on the words "reported deaths" does anyone seriously believe that China,a country of around 1.3 billion people, suffered less than 5,000 Covid related deaths or was it "reported deaths"? There are three kinds of lies. Lies,damned lies and statistics :- attributed to Mark Twain.

mk1

Quote from: Topcat on June 05, 2020, 08: AM
I would say that everything depends on the words "reported deaths" does anyone seriously believe that China,a country of around 1.3 billion people, suffered less than 5,000 Covid related deaths or was it "reported deaths"? There are three kinds of lies. Lies,damned lies and statistics :- attributed to Mark Twain.

I expected that kind of alternate-reality reply so I carefully chose the FT data because it clearly states '' UK has one of the highest excess deaths rates among countries producing comparable data'' and  Chinese numbers are not mentioned.

Labeling any fact/account you don't like as 'fake noos' and/or lies might make you feel better but it is not going to change reality.

I look forward to the day we get a Covid vaccine and we see  the bat-sh*it crazy anti-vaxxers refuse it. Should be interesting to see if the non-demented people allow these idiots to become super-spreaders or will laws be passed to force the nutters to inject or be banished?

Topcat

Just as I expected a reply from you MK1 because you can't resist an audience to pass your superior knowledge (or your superior internet trawling skills) on to. Just read my quote attributed to Mark Twain again. Incidentally I accept the flue vaccine each year and I have also had the pneumonia and shingles vaccines as well and I will certainly accept a Covid 19 vaccine if one becomes available.

mk1

Quote from: Topcat on June 05, 2020, 10: AM
you can't resist an audience to pass your superior knowledge on to.

I just cut and pasted and gave links. It is not my superior anything. 

Just read my quote attributed to Mark Twain again. Incidentally I accept the flue vaccine each year ..............

I prefer Ogden Nash:

A flea and a fly in a flue
Were imprisoned, so what could they do?
Said the fly, "let us flee!"
"Let us fly!" said the flea.
So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

mk1

you can't resist an audience to pass your superior knowledge (or your superior internet trawling skills)

Oh I read as well. For example the  New Scientist of May 30th had an article (one of a total of 3) on Covid-19 that suggests it may also cause 'a host'  neurological problems. I have not seen that mentioned in any of the popular press. Check your copy, its on page 34 to 38.

This:

akarjl2

Quote from: mk1 on June 05, 2020, 09: AM
Should be interesting to see if the non-demented people allow these idiots to become super-spreaders or will laws be passed to force the nutters to inject or be banished?

Makes sense to me........banished or euthanised?
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Oh no ... a cut and paste blizzard, head for the hills.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 05, 2020, 03: PM
Please do......try Barnard Castle.

mk1

An antidote to the Boris apologist  whinging on local social meeja that the EU numbers are 'suspect/incomplete' and/or being manipulated to make the UK 'look bad'. Lacking the courage to come straight out and say it they limit themselves to vague hints of underhand tactics and 'liking' post by other less inhibited conspiracy theorists.

From The New Scientist

https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg24632853-300-why-have-there-been-so-many-coronavirus-deaths-in-the-uk/#ixzz6OetooE5F

Not knowing they were infected, many people were carrying on as normal and infecting others"

"You've got an enormous disparity. I don't believe the reason is any other than the actions taken by the government very early on
. "We have been playing catch-up from the start,"

Part of it is clearly down to implementing lockdown relatively later than other countries did," he says.

Testing levels are ..................."inadequate for most of the pandemic"

offers of help from labs rated level 3 weren't taken up.

offers to test went without clear answer for weeks.

the suspension of tracing as "the single greatest mistake

only one of the UK's four chief medical officers had a background in public health,

We are behind nearly every other country in the world

"The highest avoidable death toll in Europe tells us we have not done well, but there's no admission of it"

any government would have made poor decisions at times, but "never have they admitted they got anything wrong, or said they are sorry for an action or inaction".

Clearly the first response (they abandoned this when the initial death-rate forecast was found to be too optimistic ) was to let the virus run its course to generate herd-immunity. Dominic Cummings put into words the consequences that Boris obviously considered a 'price worth paying'.

"herd immunity, protect the economy and if that means some pensioners die, too bad."

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on June 05, 2020, 06: PM
Quote from: Inspector Knacker on June 05, 2020, 03: PM
Please do......try Barnard Castle.
I was advocating you doing it actually.
Although the poor sheep might decline your lectures on their lack of political awareness.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment