Face book pages.

Started by stokoe, April 29, 2020, 04: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stokoe

Hi I don't do Facebook, but regular look at Hartlepool post and history of Hartlepool in images on the Facebook pages. But at the moment it will not let me see any posts?

diSme

Quote from: stokoe on April 29, 2020, 04: PM
Hi I don't do Facebook, but regular look at Hartlepool post and history of Hartlepool in images on the Facebook pages. But at the moment it will not let me see any posts?
I'm in the same boat as stokoe and can confirm this...
I believe everything and nothing

admin

Always thought that people without their own Facebook accounts could read a public page - which the Post is (although to write on it, membership has to be approved by an admin, (same as the forum)). Having said that, do wonder if Facebook itself has changed things - someone did mention joining Facebook itself just so they could access the Post.

diSme

Quote from: admin on April 29, 2020, 08: PM
Always thought that people without their own Facebook accounts could read a public page - which the Post is (although to write on it, membership has to be approved by an admin, (same as the forum)). Having said that, do wonder if Facebook itself has changed things - someone did mention joining Facebook itself just so they could access the Post.
Yes it used to be visible, but something has changed and now none of the posts are visible. It's something that's happened very recently, as in the last few days.

admin

Has to be something at Facebook's end. None of the Post's admins. have changed any of the settings.

stokoe

It's happened in the last day.

diSme

NVM. They're working again

admin

Facebook can be distinctly quirky.

akarjl2

I can see it same as usual....try clearing cache/history
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

stokoe

Btw history of Hartlepool in images is really interesting well worth a look.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Yes - it has some great photos.

Inspector Knacker

The photo's are a poignant reminder of the proud town we had and the contrast with the shell of a town where local papier-mâché politicians over the past 20 years have sold services down the river.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on May 01, 2020, 06: AM
The photo's are a poignant reminder of the proud town we had and the contrast with the shell of a town where local papier-mâché politicians over the past 20 years have sold services down the river.

The sad thing being that the papier mache polititians were created with the help of The Hartlepool Mail!