Coronavirus

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, March 18, 2020, 09: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Johnny Bongo

I'd really like to know why the supermarkets are still letting the public in....Asda carpark at 6.15 tonight was choccabloc.  This amount of people will certainly NOT stop the spread of the virus. My answer to this would be to let people buy 10 items, hand the shopping list in to Asda, etc. with an e mail or phone no. included.  Asda then contacts you with a specific time to collect your items.  Minimum contact with others.  Plenty of staff in the supermarkets to whizz round with a trolley.  Boris is welcome to use my idea! 

Grumblstiltskin

Asda do a click and collect but there's not a big enough area turned over to traffic, even if there was it would be swamped I would imagine

akarjl2

It is impossible to get a delivery spot at any of the main shops. Controlling access in other parts of country seems to be working 1 in one out.....once they have shelf stakers and deliveries 24/7 opening would help- I would bet most of the retarts panic buying wouldn't get up in the middle of the night- it would also give emergency workers a chance?

Just some thoughts / ideas.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Just looked - Asda do have deliveries available on 8th April (for now, anyway).

Inspector Knacker

I'm getting annoyed with 'tourists' stranded abroad. We had one group in India who flew out on 12th March....really? Did their grandparents book two weeks in Dunkirk in May 1940..... travel there and complain about their plight?
Anyone who never saw this coming and going on holiday should be sectioned.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Inspector Knacker

Just a daft thought, but if the supermarkets had chained up all the trolleys and made the locusts use baskets, the weight of actually carrying two baskets would have soon curtailed their elbow shoving scavenging.

seaton

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on March 31, 2020, 11: AM
Just a daft thought, but if the supermarkets had chained up all the trolleys and made the locusts use baskets, the weight of actually carrying two baskets would have soon curtailed their elbow shoving scavenging.

The best suggestion I have read about but some shoppers still walking out with trolley loads of goods which a lot end up in the garbage.

Inspector Knacker

As far as I'm concerned, the biggest cause of the scavenging was the media showing empty shelves and causing a panic in the first place and the inevitable result is a green light to the retail locusts to set off on a repeated and senseless pillaging rampage and don't give a toss for anything but their own greed.
Now the media pick away like demented woodpeckers at every aspect of the handling of the situation. The political opportunists can't be far behind straining on the leash.

akarjl2

Agreed- it is becoming difficult to find a website that actually has real news as opposed to the comic mentality of the like of the mail, snail and even the Beeb. I don't "do" Facebook but rely increasingly on twitter as a a news aggregator.

Inspector Knacker

I've stopped watching the news on any side. Trouble is these 24 hour news channels churning out repetitive drama. Always emphasising the disaster of Italy and Spain and Sky tastelessly showing rooms full of coffins. Yes you morons we know what happens to people when they die, morbid scenes like this must be needlessly distressing to those living alone especially.
Might be a good idea to shut them down and leave the news to the usual times instead of the constant barrage we get now. We end up with celebs giving us their opinion about what the they think should be done.....you really do have to wonder when the opinions of people who'd have trouble co-ordinating walking and chewing a toffee at the same time are actually given air time.

admin

The Post's Facebook page has put out a warning that anyone trying to politicise this will be in the dog house. There was, however one 'string puller' who had to be shot down in flames ....  ::)

akarjl2

Never done Farce book since trying it when it first came out......does post have a twitter feed that would be more helpful and instant....just a thought.

diSme

Quote from: akarjl2 on April 01, 2020, 11: AM
Never done Farce book since trying it when it first came out......does post have a twitter feed that would be more helpful and instant....just a thought.

Good idea that...
I believe everything and nothing

admin

Quote from: diSme on April 01, 2020, 01: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on April 01, 2020, 11: AM

Good idea that...

The late SteveL created a Twitter feed but it had to be removed from the chap who was handling it as he was a bit of a loose cannon. None of the rest of us are Twitter users, so think it probably faded when we lost him. The Facebook group is actually pretty civilised, even though there's over three thousand members. The admins. keep a pretty tight hold on discipline on there - essential as its a pretty volatile medium. A very different tone to the forum, but people seem to like it, by and large. There's a link to it on our front page should anyone care to take a look.