Lunatics taking over the Asylum

Started by akarjl2, February 25, 2020, 11: AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akarjl2

How ironic

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/council/call-tougher-powers-deal-misbehaving-councillors-hartlepool-1889360

QuoteStephen Akers-Belcher also called for the issue to go before the National Association of Councillors, which was agreed.

Coun Marjorie James said the move could lead to politically motivated decisions, adding there has to be someone independent in the process.

She said: "In principle I support the motion, what concerns me is that it could result in changes coming forward, it is open to political manoeuvre where you have a large group within an authority that they could protect their own member and exclude a member not in their group.

"I would hope the national guidance will include some kind of independent decision over whether a councillor should or should not be excluded."

The motion was unanimously passed by councillors.

Political manoeuvring seriously.....?? ;) ;) ;) ;)
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Lucy Lass-Tick

Surely that could never happen here ... ?    ;)

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: akarjl2 on February 25, 2020, 11: AM
How ironic

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/politics/council/call-tougher-powers-deal-misbehaving-councillors-hartlepool-1889360

QuoteStephen Akers-Belcher also called for the issue to go before the National Association of Councillors, which was agreed.

Coun Marjorie James said the move could lead to politically motivated decisions, adding there has to be someone independent in the process.

She said: "In principle I support the motion, what concerns me is that it could result in changes coming forward, it is open to political manoeuvre where you have a large group within an authority that they could protect their own member and exclude a member not in their group.

"I would hope the national guidance will include some kind of independent decision over whether a councillor should or should not be excluded."

The pair of idiots should get The Hypocrites of the Decade Award!  Let's just hope that, in May, the electorate remember what they are really like...and vote them out!

Lucy Lass-Tick

Whispers on the wind have it that neither will be standing for re-election in May.

eddy

Sooner those two are out the better, I dont know how them and their clique could ever claim to be true to the beliefs of the labour party

kevplumb

Quote from: Johnny Bongo on February 25, 2020, 12: PM
Quote from: akarjl2 on February 25, 2020, 11: AM
How ironic

The pair of idiots should get The Hypocrites of the Decade Award!  Let's just hope that, in May, the electorate remember what they are really like...and vote them out!
nail and head come to mind
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 25, 2020, 01: PM
Whispers on the wind have it that neither will be standing for re-election in May.
It's finally dawned on them then? Two 10 watt bulbs came on in unison.
If they were standing against a deceased tortoise they'd lose.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

mk1

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 26, 2020, 07: PM

......and yet CAB was allocated a chair by Shane?

kevplumb

Quote from: mk1 on February 26, 2020, 07: PM

i have a feeling that one will come back to haunt him  ;D ;D ;D
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

jeffh

Maybe if Labour has fielded a candidate things may have been different

mk1

Quote from: jeffh on February 28, 2020, 10: AM
Maybe if Labour has fielded a candidate things may have been different
That is the excuse used but its politics 101.  Shane needed to stop the SCAB group voting against him so he had massage the little man's ego.  plus ça change, plus c'est la même.................

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: mk1 on February 26, 2020, 07: PM

Let's hope it was a deck chair with the S.S. Titanic logo.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.