Predictable . . .

Started by DRiddle, February 05, 2020, 02: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 06, 2020, 06: PM
Apologies for the above post and being called away to more pressing matters.
The former Brexit Councillor' have dropped the Brexit uniform, went over the wall and resorted to the cover all independent cloak. Trouble is, the micro minority who get wound up by it are just that. The majority of the electorate won't really care.
I realise there'll be tantrums from some over this, but they've pulled a fly, but totally legal move.
The Brexit Party is dead, time to move on....unless of course some people want to carry on howling at the long gone Brexit moon like not so Wily Coyote.
with all due respect IK  the point you seem to be missing  is they nailed their colors to the mast then jumped ship again
and i will reiterate again how can you be independent if you are in a union
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!
Councils need communities but communities don't need councils
Party politics have no place in local goverment

Tee_Ess_25er

Quote from: Lucy Lass-Tick on February 05, 2020, 06: PM
Quote from: Tee_Ess_25er on February 05, 2020, 03: PM
Go on.  Go on go on.  Go on go on go on go on go on.

Thanks you Tee_Ess_25er - we now all know you to be Mrs Doyle ...  ;D

Haha, thanks, I had already seen the news but could not resist.

Inspector Knacker

Quote from: kevplumb on February 06, 2020, 09: PM

with all due respect IK  the point you seem to be missing  is they nailed their colors to the mast then jumped ship again
Actually Kev I'm not condoning their behaviour, just facing the reality of what they'll do. It's all very messy at present at present, a sort of limbo.  The 'ship' they nailed their colours to was scuttled and like all survivors they swam to the shore of independence.
It all looks very amateurish, but it's no surprise. Every politician has to have a survival instinct in ALL party's so nothing surprises me any more.
The electorate will decide, but the scabs had a good run, so don't hold out too much hope, I'm not.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Time will tell - although a few of the faithful may be over confident - and sometimes merde flinging proves counter productive.

kevplumb

Quote from: Inspector Knacker on February 07, 2020, 08: PM
Quote from: kevplumb on February 06, 2020, 09: PM

Actually Kev I'm not condoning their behaviour, just facing the reality of what they'll do. It's all very messy at present at present, a sort of limbo.  The 'ship' they nailed their colours to was scuttled and like all survivors they swam to the shore of independence.
It all looks very amateurish, but it's no surprise. Every politician has to have a survival instinct in ALL party's so nothing surprises me any more.
The electorate will decide, but the scabs had a good run, so don't hold out too much hope, I'm not.
i hear ya i dont think we got a good deal out of this
A councillor is an elected representative of their ward, not their political party!

Inspector Knacker

We didn't. We have had locally, decades of Councillors, most of whom were seriously stretched beyond the limits of their ability and comprehension of their role, forming an obedient line of ducklings behind mother duck and blindly following her. Assuming she has a clue where she's going, it's a poor template for any political party. We have living proof that it's a crap idea, but our local politicians are happy to keep in step.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

kevplumb

couldnt have put it better