Hypocrites, pure and simple

Started by grim reaper, January 30, 2020, 10: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grim reaper

'Eddy' complains about people getting at his beloved labour party. He is obviously one of those Labour stalwarts (his grandparents would be so proud) that sticks with his party through thick (Corbyn) and thin (labour supporters).

It isn't just people on the Hartlepool Post sick of labour, look at the results of the last vote.     MILLIONS of voters, people that have voted Labour for years
have not voted for them this time around. Have they finally seen the light?

We are out of the EUSSR and still the remoaners squeal like stuck pigs.
The latest whinge is the new 50 piece, celebrating our freedom from the corrupt shackles. Some idiots are refusing to handle them.
One Lib Dem tosser said he would sell his  new 50p for £1.

Strange, the hypocritical back stabbers didn't raise an objection when, in 1973, we joined the European Economic Community and a commemorative 50p coin was minted!! The EEC 'Circle of hands'.

Did those people in the UK against joining the EEC kick up a stink? Did we hold rallies and spend millions on legal 'brains', trying to thwart the decision of the country?
No, we allowed democracy to flourish.

What a difference to today's snowflakes and hypocritical losers. I only wish they would take off to their Valhalla and spend the rest of their lives in Euro's, decimals and.... no, I won't go there.
Get over it, despite all of your snidely efforts, you lost.  ;D

Johnny Bongo

Excellent post, GR.  They'll never stop moaning about us leaving....they've been moaning for three and a half years so they ain't gonna stop now!  I wonder if they'd moan if Corbyn managed to get in (as PM) then totally ruined the country?  Who would they blame then?  If things are so bad for them in this country now, then why don't they all move to Euroland!
They're not just hypocrites, they're pathetic hypocrites...pure and simple! 

eddy

Do you fell better having got that off your chest?  Excellent generalisations of my political views btw

Every dog has his or her day, its for the future generations to decide whether they were right

akarjl2

Quote from: eddy on February 10, 2020, 12: PM
its for the future generations to decide whether they were right

Is it? Speak for yourself.

I'm more interested in myself, kids and grandkids. I couldn't give a rats about future generations......they will all probably be living in a virtual world if some virus doesn't wipe us all out.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

eddy

Are they not the future generations

Or are we arguing over minor points, I was referring to those who are yet to become of an age where they can vote

The whole thing moves in cycles anyways, any government can only maintain approval for so long. The conservatives will not govern in perpetuity. We may or may not remain outside the EU for perpetuity either.

As a side, I have never sought to pervert or prevent democratic process (again assumptions about the typical character of a labour supporter). The people made a choice and we will all now reap the results (good or bad). Personally I am sceptical but I am also not stupid enough to believe staying in the EU will in some way make the whole situation better

Lucy Lass-Tick

How long will the EU continue to exist?

eddy

Probably longer than the eurosceptics hope / think it will. 

I thought brexit was supposed to usher in a whole raft of Nexits, Frexits and other countries jumping ship?

Nigel said it so it must be true

Johnny Bongo

Hopefully it won't be long before countries decide that they, like the UK, have had enough of being told what to do and how to think.  France is in a mess...Macron has gone too far and the yellow vests are still protesting!  The French police are literally fighting with the protesting firefighters!  Poland seems to have fallen foul of the EU.  Germany's economy is in a mess....but they'll need to contribute more to the EU coffers, now that the UK isn't contributing anymore!  Other countries will (hopefully) see that the UK can manage without the EU and then they too might decide to leave!  The house of cards is slowly but surely tumbling! 

eddy

Well like the whole leaving the Eu thing I will check back in 5 / 6 years and see. I am more than happy to eat humble pie.

It doesn't really matter anyways; even if the whole brexit thing does go tits up am sure those for it will carve a narrative to blame someone else / the eu.

eddy

I also find it curious Mr Reaper decided to randomly launch a multiple paragraph tirade about labour / brexit /me in the first place, if you are so sure and comfortable in your victory why the need to rant and gloat?

Are we not supposed to be healing divisions that have been created rather than laying into folk ? Or do you need to do it to make yourself feel bigger / better about stuff?

Johnny Bongo

Quote from: eddy on February 11, 2020, 12: AM
I also find it curious Mr Reaper decided to randomly launch a multiple paragraph tirade about labour / brexit /me in the first place, if you are so sure and comfortable in your victory why the need to rant and gloat?

Are we not supposed to be healing divisions that have been created rather than laying into folk ? Or do you need to do it to make yourself feel bigger / better about stuff?

Perhaps Mr Reaper and also others have had enough of the remainers (of ALL parties, political persuasions) telling the leavers how stupid we are, how Brexit would be THE END OF CIVILISATION as we know it, how the UK will suffer, etc!  In fact, they're STILL at it.  Varadkar insults the UK at every opportunity, calling us 'a small country'....had a shock at the polls though, eh :o....Macron, that odious French fart, still trying to dictate to the UK regarding EU laws when he can't sort out his own mess!  What's that saying....People in glass houses...shouldn't walk around naked!  ;) 

eddy

But you guys won, surely its better to simply now take the higher ground?  For my own part I don't think I have ever sought to slander those who voted leave, or call them all thick etc. 

We now enter the game playing stage of the process where the real protectionism comes out on all sides, the EU will be determined to make it as bad for us possible to try to stem the flow so of course its in Ireland and Frances interests to put our "small country" down.  This would support the big bad EU narrative but at same time if you were in their position would you adopt a different stance?  And that's before you consider the former political wing of the IRA now run the show in Ireland, I doubt they have much of an appetite for bending to the will of the British given their previous allegiances

grim reaper

Eddy, unlike some of the, now 'pre mod' people on this site, I don't post to wind people up.
I try to put over my point of view as calmly and cogently as my intellect allows.
I hardly think I launched a 'multiple paragraph tirade' in my post. ???
(Tirade; a string of abuse, or a long vehement harangue).
Not my style at all.

I was simply pointing out those 'so called' intelligent M.P.s/Ministers etc that are doing their best to overturn a democratic vote, even though it has gone through our Parliament and the EUSSR Parliament.

The refusal to handle the new 50p coin is a perfect example of their intransigence. Did you EVER hear of a 'leaver' cry out, 'I won't touch the new 'Circle of Friends' 50p coin', that was introduced into our currency system when we joined the EUSSR?
No, because, on balance, it appears 'leavers' are more democratic, more even handed, than the rabid remoaners.

If you look past the gauze veil, you may observe a number of the most strident of the remoaners have more of an interest in staying in the EUSSR than us mere plebs.
A perfect example is Dominic Grieve.  :(
He is the President of the Franco-British Society and was awarded France's highest decoration, the Legion of Honour in 2016.
He is a regular broadcaster on French Radio & TV. Plus, his mother is French.
That is why I initially quoted they should take off to their Valhalla and live the Euro life.

We have our country to rebuild and before too long, I believe many more of the European countries will have finally seen through the EUSSR for what it is, an 'old boys club' for 2nd rate politicians.

Yes, Eddy, I may be wrong about Brexit. We may come a cropper, but I am behind the democratic vote and furthermore, I believe wholeheartedly in the strength of the UK in the world.