Wynyard Park gets Garden Village Status

Started by Lucy Lass-Tick, January 20, 2020, 06: PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inspector Knacker

Is that the original development, which is reasonably pleasant? But that said, the other parts are twee little houses giving the owner bragging rights to a Wynyard address.
I visited Port Sunlight last May while getting lost on the way to Cammell Lairds and was gobsmacked by it, that's a true model village.
What can be asserted without proof,
can be dismissed without proof.

Lucy Lass-Tick

Ripley's another model village which comes to my mind - or, also historic but more urban, Saltaire.

akarjl2

From webpage
QuoteWe have already delivered around 1000 houses with a further 500 in the pipeline and are now focusing on a number of other elements including a retail centre and leisure outlets.

Oddly had a drive round that estate a week ago on way back from Sedgefield. Interesting several houses to let....not a good sign resulting ( and I know from experience) in a load of feral kids and extended families getting their rent paid by the benefits agency running riot across the estate.

I bet property prices at Wynyard crash within 12 months - most there have moved to get away from 2.5 kids, boy racers and teen yobs hanging around shops and looking at right move etc it is obvious properties there are struggling to sell.

It will end up as more expensive version of Wolviston / Billingham. Only a matter of time before they get an Aldi/Lidl/Poundland......

It is a wonder HB Clowncil hasn't cotton on and pushed for Westpark,Dalton and Elwick to be linked up as a newer version of Washington.....they must be working on a way of circumventing green belt restrictions.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Pragmatist

Properties struggling to Sell at Wynyard you gotta be kidding
good stuff moves quickly over there trust me .....you want to try and sell on West Park. Nobody with half a million to spend wants to buy in Hartlepool.
Coniscliffe Rise next to West Park school has been under construction for three years and less than half the development have sold .

akarjl2

Quote from: Pragmatist on January 21, 2020, 09: PM
Properties struggling to Sell at Wynyard you gotta be kidding
good stuff moves quickly over there trust me .....

As mentioned the evidence is there on Rightmove check the dates.
you want to try and sell on West Park. Nobody with half a million to spend wants to buy in Hartlepool.
Coniscliffe Rise next to West Park school has been under construction for three years and less than half the development have sold .

True .....considered that estate myself....but houses thrown up- poor quality and you struggle to get a wheely bin between most of the "detached houses". Additionally they are massively over priced. Compare prices West Park with Wynyard.....Everyone knows if you buy a house with a view of "countryside" behind the park your view will soon be replaced by more houses.
The Morons seemed to have gone but so have the normals.....

Inspector Knacker

Drive along there on a regular basis and noticed a patch of woodland for sale. Now I don't expect for one minute for it to be sold as a piece of woodland for Robin Hood tribute acts to practice in. Can't they just put up a sign that tells it as it is.....
CHAINSAW FODDER FOR SALE.
CAN BE SOLD FOR FIREWOOD OR MULCH.
IDEAL PLOT FOR TICKY TACKY BOXES.

fred c

Another 220 houses to be built off Elwick / Cairnston / Worset roads, 81 bungalows at the top of Brieryton Lane, the town is spreading out like a pool of Gullivers Vomit.

Meanwhile central Hartlepool is ever more difficult to travel around and long established good quality areas ie. Brooke Est / Fens / Clavering / Foggy etc etc are being
slowly but sure being downgraded.

The road infrastructure is almost at braking point now, travelling around town at anything like peak time is a nightmare, goodness know how all of the extra cars will impact on the already overcrowded roads.....

Johnny Bongo

Looks like a load more houses being built in Seaton Lane, on the South side.  I wonder how far over towards the back of Tata Steel the developers will eventually go?  As you say Fred, the traffic is horrendous at peak times.  It can sometimes take me 10 to 15 minutes just to get out of the town. 

Inspector Knacker

Road system has been ignored for years. Planning for future growth stopped a long long time age it appears. A western by pass from Clayton Bank to Hart would take away a lot of traffic which oddly has to travel into town to get out of town for example the top of Owton Manor, Rift House the Fens etc all have to do this.